Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:48 PM   #1351
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
They're literally force feeding him. Guy has 52 targets. He's on pace to shatter the record for most targets in a season
That team also force fed Cooper Kupp the ball...the offense has roles and that WR role gets the ball.

As soon as Kupp returns and Nacua slides into the Woods role he will still be productive just not as productive as he is now.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #1352
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
So I played Basketball as a kid, not football.

My serious question:

Why do so many NFL players seem to have problems with uncontested drops that stabilize after a couple of years.
I couldn't get consistent playing time on the High School varsity team.

I'm not sure I'm qualified to speak to the problems faced by an uptick in competition...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:51 PM   #1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
It's crazy how good Puka has been.
Draft traits - hope you get lucky.

Rice has 'em. Moore don't.

One's a good pick in the 2nd round; the other probably should've gone late 3rd, early 4th.

Win some, lose some.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #1354
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Draft traits - hope you get lucky.

Rice has 'em. Moore don't.

One's a good pick in the 2nd round; the other probably should've gone late 3rd, early 4th.

Win some, lose some.
Moore is a guy who is supposed to have a feel for the game and so far he does not.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:54 PM   #1355
MVP

Quote:
Which would obviously beg the question - why is Rice seemingly behind Moore and Watson as the guy in a timeshare with Toney while those two are getting significantly more snaps despite being clearly less productive?

Watson I understand because the big-play potential and reliability. Frustrating as it is, he's oftentimes been our most critical WR to this point.

But Moore? In what world should Rice be behind Moore on the depth chart. Because that's clearly how he's being used at the moment - a backup Z rather than a starting X.

While Moore is getting an unchallenged starter's snap share.

That's just...wrong, IMO.
Year two in the offense is why.

Now, I agree that Moore isn't showing anything, and doesn't seem to be on the same page as Mahomes, so perhaps it's time to put more on Rice's plate. I'm sure that's going to be happening unless the lightbulb goes on for Moore really quickly.

And then maybe we some more of Ross, too.

But I understand wanting to give the high investment guys all of the rope.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:55 PM   #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Moore is a guy who is supposed to have a feel for the game and so far he does not.
'Feel for the game' is like saying "Bryce Young has excellent poise".

It's what you say when someone doesn't have the necessary talent to justify the capital you spent acquiring them.

Remember when Patrick Mahomes problem was that he didn't understand how to run a pro style offense and his gunslinger style would create problems because he lacked a feel for how a pro offense would work?

It's dumb.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:56 PM   #1357
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

Now, I agree that Moore isn't showing anything, and doesn't seem to be on the same page as Mahomes, so perhaps it's time to put more on Rice's plate. I'm sure that's going to be happening unless the lightbulb goes on for Moore really quickly.

I....actually think the best guys in the league now are going the other way with it.

Sunk cost fallacy and all.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:57 PM   #1358
Hockey Town

Quote:
'Feel for the game' is like saying "Bryce Young has excellent poise".

It's what you say when someone doesn't have the necessary talent to justify the capital you spent acquiring them.

Remember when Patrick Mahomes problem was that he didn't understand how to run a pro style offense and his gunslinger style would create problems because he lacked a feel for how a pro offense would work?

It's dumb.
And that is fair too, I've never truly understood teams who avoid the major talents because "oh he's a jerk"
Old 10-03-2023, 02:57 PM   #1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

I think you're mostly correct here and I'm being perhaps a hair impatient.

But g'damn, it's just such a night and day difference and we feel awfully close most drives to unlocking some real production. In games where a single play can change a drive and lead to points, and 2 drives that turn to points in any given game will likely change the outcome - man it seems odd that we're not putting a guy out there more who so clearly seems capable of making that single play in a couple different drives.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:58 PM   #1360
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Not to burst anyone’s bubble, bland I like what we’re seeing from Rice in his limited snaps so far, but he’s struggling against man. Went 0-fer vs. man coverage last night.
I think he's 0-5 vs man is what I saw in a thread. I don't really think the sample size is enough to say anything at all. It damn sure ain't enough to burst my bubble about his potential. Keep trying though, bud, I'm sure you'll get something to turn us all doom and gloom soon!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 02:59 PM   #1361
In Search of a Life

Quote:
And that is fair too, I've never truly understood teams who avoid the major talents because "oh he's a jerk"
Because it's not Madden. This ain't just plug and play and you've gotta be able to blend all that.

They aren't a "choir boys" only operation, so if they're avoiding a guy because of character stuff, well I'm prone to chalk that one up to "they know more than us".
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #1362
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
It's a mix bag.

Flowers is getting a ton of snaps. He's basically the second option in the pass game behind Andrews.

JSN is being worked in pretty slowly but he missed part of camp with injury and he has 2 high level WRs in front of him and a HC that wants to run the ball, with 2 highly drafted RBs.

QJ so far is an absolute dud, even without Williams his snap count isn't great and Palmer is getting a lot more targets.

Addison you can see the route running and explosion and the highlight plays he's making. Osbourne is ahead of him for now..I doubt that lasts much longer.

But as we move down, Tank Dell is getting starter snaps and it seems he and Nico Collins are taking turns on who will have the big game each week.

Mingo is getting starter snaps but he's been a dud...not sure how much is him and how much is the Carolina offense being a turd.

Jayden Reed is seeing a pretty solid role in GB as the slot guy and he has a good number of snaps and targets.

Marvin Mims is basically doing exactly what Rice is doing in that he's being slowly worked into the system, he has hit a few HR plays in that process.

Jalin Hyatt and Cedric Tillman seem to be MIA in being in bad offenses.

Josh Downs, basically echo the Reed comment, he's the starting slot and has a solid role.

Michael Wilson now this one is interesting, he's a starter, albeit on a pretty bad team but he has had solid production so far.

That's the first 3 rounds after that the guys are doing about what you'd expect of Day 3 WRs, some snaps here and there, specials etc. Unless you're Puka Nacua.
To keep things in perspective, this was also touted as a "bad" or "less than" WR draft class. Even the guys who went in the 1st were fringe 1st/2nd rounders.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #1363
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I think he's 0-5 vs man is what I saw in a thread. I don't really think the sample size is enough to say anything at all. It damn sure ain't enough to burst my bubble about his potential. Keep trying though, bud, I'm sure you'll get something to turn us all doom and gloom soon!
His "winning" vs man isn't going to look like.....say Tyreek's "winning" vs man.

When you actually break down and look at that stuff...it's hard for me to really lend much to those stats. Alot of people don't understand leverage and what constitutes "open" in the NFL>
Old 10-03-2023, 03:03 PM   #1364
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I....actually think the best guys in the league now are going the other way with it.

Sunk cost fallacy and all.
I don't understand what you mean.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:04 PM   #1365
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
To keep things in perspective, this was also touted as a "bad" or "less than" WR draft class. Even the guys who went in the 1st were fringe 1st/2nd rounders.
What it really goes to show is that Flowers and Addison would have been really great fits and it's to bad we couldn't make one of them happen.