Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #1351
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, Kieboom wasn't on my radar at all (Soto was though). And as I was watching Soto and mostly just laughing at how badly he was wrecking everyone, I noticed this Kieboom guy also playing really well.

It would be a balls or bust move for the Nationals, man. I mean they could theoretically lose Harper and STILL have one of the top 5 OFs in baseball by 2020 with Robles, Eaton and Soto out there. With Scherzer, Strasburg and Turner still having gas in the tank, maybe Rendon goes back to 2b and Kieboom makes his way to 3b. That's still a team that could contend.

But that Braves system has to get teams with a 'win now' window pretty damn nervous. Do you try to 'out-youth' the Braves via a re-load or push in, get your ring and let Ted Lerner die in peace?

But hey, if we know anything, it's that Rizzo will do the wrong thing and then get extended for it. That guy is the Mike Matheny of general managers. That's a Teflon sumbitch to be sure.

The Nats should be pushing all in for this year. Time is now.

Adding players like Perez and possibly Merrifield would be useful in the future, too. Gives them insurance for Murphy this year, improves their C situation a ton for the next 3 years.

Kieboom’s combo of plate discipline and pop is really looking strong this year in a tough hitters league.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #1352
"You like to drink?"

Salvy becoming a national superstar in the DC market would only be worth it if the Royals got back 2-3 key players in the next decade's WS run.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #1353
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Salvy becoming a national superstar in the DC market would only be worth it if the Royals got back 2-3 key players in the next decade's WS run.

That’s what Robles, Kieboom and Garcia would all offer.

Robles is a top 10 prospect with a high floor because of his speed, defense, and hit tool. Still only 20, I believe.

Names to watch today (that would make this draft really successful at first blush):

Nander de Sedas, SS/3B (tough HS signing, top 30 consensus talent)

Kumar Rocker, Cole Wilcox, Daniel Klopfenstein RHp (huge upside Hs arms with solid college commitments)
Old 06-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #1354
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Today's Royals draft theme appears to be: college outfielders

So far, that's seven straight college players they've drafted
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #1355
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Today's Royals draft theme appears to be: college outfielders

So far, that's seven straight college players they've drafted
looking for faster impact.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #1356
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #1357
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
looking for faster impact.
They've also been burned by some HS guys in previous drafts...going with safe signing bets, plus yes, hopefully a faster impact
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #1358
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

The Royals are loading up on easy signs in the back half of the top 10, which tells me they’re going to make a serious run at one of the big prep talents after run 10.

Nander
de
Sadas

Let’s do this thing.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #1359
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The Royals are loading up on easy signs in the back half of the top 10, which tells me they’re going to make a serious run at one of the big prep talents after run 10.

Nander
de
Sadas

Let’s do this thing.

Has Rocker been taken yet?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #1360
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Has Rocker been taken yet?

No.

He and Wilcox and de Sedas are all still available.

Teams will take stabs at them in rounds 11+, when they won’t lose slot money if they don’t sign.

Hope the Royals are one of those teams.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #1361
El Gato Gordo Loco

LOL we went the college arms route. Probably about the worst possible strategy in my opinion. I equate it to a flailing college football coach signing JUCOs so they can keep their job for longer.

I just don't have faith in our org's ability to find and develop high talent SPs or any baseball scouts opinion of pitching. I'd rather spend it on bats and flip them later for MLB ready pitching prospects. There may be an argument to virtually NEVER draft pitchers higher than Round 5 because of their unpredictability compared to bats.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #1362
MVP

Walking Simmons to get that bum Trout to hit into the DP. Well played.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #1363
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
LOL we went the college arms route. Probably about the worst possible strategy in my opinion. I equate it to a flailing college football coach signing JUCOs so they can keep their job for longer.

I just don't have faith in our org's ability to find and develop high talent SPs or any baseball scouts opinion of pitching. I'd rather spend it on bats and flip them later for MLB ready pitching prospects. There may be an argument to virtually NEVER draft pitchers higher than Round 5 because of their unpredictability compared to bats.

Success rate on hitters in round one since 1965 is practically indistinguishable from success rate on hitters, which invalidates a big part of your argument.

The Royals have drafted a lot of projectable HS arms, which has the biggest boom/bust rate. I’m glad to see them moving away from that.

Premium hitters, then college pitchers, then HS pitchers is a good general order ...

But there were not many premium hitters left for KC. They could have taken Schnell at 18, would have been an overdraft. Other than him, not a true premium hitter/bat between Singer and 33/34.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #1364
MVP

Why is Ned playing Salvy at catcher and DHing Butera?
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #1365
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
Why is Ned playing Salvy at catcher and DHing Butera?

ummm...because Salvy is a better catcher?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.