Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM  
Forever Royal

Are we worried about our offense?

Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #121
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest31kc View Post
I just dont get it. Strongest arm and craziest arm talent in the league and just like last year, dead last in ADOT. Nothing but 5 yard passes and screens. 2 high yes, but it seems like alot of QBs are dealing with that, and yet Pat is still dead last again.

Concerning.
What are you suggesting? That Mahomes can't sling it anymore? That hes declining?
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #122
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
What are you suggesting? That Mahomes can't sling it anymore? That hes declining?
No. I don't know what the issue is. Probably a combination of Andy, Pat, receivers, OTs, defenses...

Just weird that Mahomes out of all QBs is once again dead last in ADOT. Needs to change.
Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.
Old Today, 10:20 AM   #123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
It blows my mind how we can see numerous times how dangerous Rice is on quick slants and then the next game we don't run one at all. Or if they're playing cover two the whole game, we don't have a play or two of just worthy running down the seam and throwing up a deep ball to him.

There's a lot of things scheme wise and play calling wise that should be easily fixable and would make the offense better but honestly I don't know if we'll see them. Reid and Nagy are so set in their ways and have had so much success with them, I don't think they're going to change unless something is completely broken.
Hard to throw it deep when your Left tackle is a turnstyle
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:21 AM   #124
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
No. I don't know what the issue is. Probably a combination of Andy, Pat, receivers, OTs, defenses...

Just weird that Mahomes out of all QBs is once again dead last in ADOT. Needs to change.
Bad protection was a big part yesterday. We had serious problems at LT.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #125
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
I just dont get it. Strongest arm and craziest arm talent in the league and just like last year, dead last in ADOT. Nothing but 5 yard passes and screens. 2 high yes, but it seems like alot of QBs are dealing with that, and yet Pat is still dead last again.

Concerning.
It's the league wide cover 6 defense bro.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #126
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Here's my ONLY concern... With M. Brown out, I expect to see more X Worthy targets, and with Pachecco out, I now expect to see X Worthy get more runs and screen passes... That's exciting and all, but IF Worthy were to go down too that would NOT be fun and I worry he's injury prone with that frame. Hope he balls out with additional opportunities, and I'll add that I'm pretty sure we're about to see what Perine has to offer in this next game.

In short, not concerned, we're winning, as long as we're good for the playoffs...but if 1 more key offensive player gets injured then I'll start to worry.
Speaking of X, it looked like he tweaked something yesterday in the 2nd hslf when he slipped on the turf.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 10:27 AM   #127
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Concerning.
Said it before, we need a reliable downfield threat. Not just athletic guys like Mvs or hardman, a consistent and reliable speed option. We’ve got a lot of big bodies who are plenty capable of attacking downfield but right now our speed is better horizontal than it is vertical. And I think we got a little ahead of our skis thinking worthy was ready to jump right into hollywoods role because he burned a blown coverage.

Hollywood would’ve been an absolute game changer. It still sucks that we didn’t even get a taste of what this offense looks like with him in it
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #128
Veteran

Quote:

It's just a number. Defenses are driving depth of target down league wide, and we played 2 extremely stingy defenses basically begging us to run the ball.

In 2022 when Mahomes won MVP, I'm pretty sure his DOT took a nose dive too because of the style of offense we were playing.

Honestly, stats are going to be down for offenses league wide for awhile until they can figure out how to deal with this look everyone's getting.

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; Today at 10:41 AM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #129
Starter

Always worried, but honestly, still expect this team to be bettwr than last year.

2-0 helps a lot with worries. 2 straight SB titles help.

We still have 15.
Azide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutAzide22 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #130
In Search of a Life

Here’s the simple math of it all. We finally found our groove last year when we could dial in on kelce and rice to take on 20 targets per game. If kelce is only averaging 3-4 targets a game, who gets the rest? You can absorb some of that by running the ball or getting lots of dump offs to Pacheco but not anymore. if we’re being real most of our WRs are decent with a few targets but we get in trouble when they need to be featured beyond that.we need guys who absorb targets and/or take the focus off of rice. Maybe juju plays into our plans more than we think. I don’t know.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #131
Andy Reid Supporter

****ing hell. It really does look like 2021. Wtf was this playcall? Why is Skyy just standing there?

Why does the team go full reerun when we play the Bengals?

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #132
In Search of a Life

He hasn't trusted the tackles here since FIsher and Schwartz left.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #133
My work speaks for itself!!!

we just faced two teams where the chiefs are circled as their annual super bowl.

We got their best shots and we still won (despite the crying media/social media)
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #134
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
****ing hell. It really does look like 2021. Wtf was this playcall? Why is Skyy just standing there?

Why does the team go full reerun when we play the Bengals?

They're a good football team.

At some point, with Pat struggling against the Bengals frequently when we play them, you have to acknowledge that they're pretty good.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #135
Andy Reid Supporter

Yeah don’t want to hear the excuses. Look at Rashee Rice. Corner passed him off with no press. Easy TD if Mahomes throws it at him.

DB was like 2-3 big steps behind him
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.