Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 11:32 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:12 PM   #121
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It's been my opinion that we should be developing young QB's behind Mahomes for a few years now.

Let's be honest, if Mahomes goes down, we're not going anywhere anyway. No lousy veteran is going to win us multiple games or play-off games. Season's over.

I'd much rather be rolling with young back-ups that we could develop and flip for picks like Andy did for years with the Eagles.
I get the logic here, and intuitively it does make some sense, but I think there are practical reasons (that other's have brought up) for why we see the vet backup. Reality is that we've already seen the vet backup pay dividends over the past six years (Moore coming in when Pat was down with the knee to win key games en route to a SB, Henne coming in during the Browns game for a playoff win, and Henne coming in during the Jags game for a key drive).

God forbid if Pat was down for a season, it's not going to matter who the back up is. But if he's down for a quarter, or a game or two, that's were a capable veteran who can steal a game can be the difference between a SB season or not. That is real value that we've already experienced first hand. The value in drafting, developing and then flipping a young backup QB for picks needs a lot of things to go right, just to get what? a Mid round pick?

The other element here is that when you're a dynasty like we are, everyone wants to get paid and shit is expensive. We need all the picks we can muster to draft and develop talent around Pat on both sides of the ball. UDFA QB prospect that we try to strike gold on and then flip? Sure, I'm all for it. Doesn't deplete draft capital and we can develop them on the practice roster. But committing draft capital to the back up QB spot in hopes of a speculative future draft pick, and then having said young QB on the roster and be counted on in key moments I don't think serves our interests. Just my opinion.
CaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:12 PM   #122
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Man I'd love to see Joe Alt protecting Patrick for the remainder of their times here in KC. Put Creed in that mix, whew nobody is touching Patrick.

Realistically I'm thinking that would take a trade up to the top 6 picks, so realistically Cardinals or Giants, if he's still there after 5 for the Chargers and we'd have to throw in Sneed, so the team would have to agree to give him a 4 - 5 year deal worth $100 million, and we'd have to give them our first rounder this year and depending on how good of a negotiator Veach can be a day 2 or 3 pick this year or next, but it'd likely take 2 first rounders and Sneed. I know it's impossible, but since we're throwing around dream scenarios left and right why not live in this dream a bit more. Giants are more desperate than the Cardinals and will have to pay Daniel Jones for this year anyways. You might be able to sell the Cardinals but you'd have to convince them that Sneed and ammo is a better proposition then the receivers they could get at those picks, which is a tough sell.
Try more.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:20 PM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
I’m warming up to the idea of McConkey as well. I noticed he’s a finance major who graduated in 3 years so gotta imagine he’s a pretty smart kid as well, which can’t hurt.
It's never a bad thing drafting someone that is skilled, intelligent, and of good character
843GTYellowJacket is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.843GTYellowJacket is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.843GTYellowJacket is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.843GTYellowJacket is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:41 PM   #124
MVP

You know who really popped at the Combine after I had written him off as a necessary move inside to OG was Troy Fautanu from Washington. He's got that Jason Peters build with longer arms (34.5") and near-equivalent athleticism.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him on the Chiefs radar as a LT in round 1. He might be had in that 15-20 range. I don't think we can afford to go higher without sacrificing alot so any dreams of Alt or Fashanu I've pretty well written off.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:47 PM   #125
MVP

The Chiefs are not getting Alt.

Let it go.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:57 PM   #126
MVP

Glad your back pugs.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:10 AM   #127
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
they will take MVS’s money and pick up a $10-$12 million WR in free agency.
Maybe, I believe they are more likely to spend those dollars on the defense. They have a lot of FA on the defensive side of the ball.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:20 AM   #128
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
The Chiefs are not getting Alt.

Let it go.
Only if this thread hits 10,000 posts by midnight.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:33 PM   #129
Baba Ganoush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:41 PM   #130
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

He would be a great fit in Indy TBH but will Ballard pay up?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:22 PM   #131
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
He would be a great fit in Indy TBH but will Ballard pay up?
Man. #46 would be pretty sweet to get back.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:30 PM   #132
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Man. #46 would be pretty sweet to get back.
Ballard did give up #13 for Buckner and paid him once upon a time...

and I'm gonna level with you guys for a sec here. If Anthony Richardson can stay healthy, I think Indy is gonna be pretty ****ing good.

Like, could see them in the AFCCG good.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:38 PM   #133
sorta mod-ish

I'd just as soon not trade Sneed to either Indy or Jax. Both those teams are on the cusp of being REALLY good and a pain in our playoff asses.

Unless they offer us ridiculous compensation, of course.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:40 PM   #134
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Ballard did give up #13 for Buckner and paid him once upon a time...

and I'm gonna level with you guys for a sec here. If Anthony Richardson can stay healthy, I think Indy is gonna be pretty ****ing good.

Like, could see them in the AFCCG good.
I agree. They were close last year without him, and Taylor wasn't 100% all season either.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:41 PM   #135
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I'd just as soon not trade Sneed to either Indy or Jax. Both those teams are on the cusp of being REALLY good and a pain in our playoff asses.

Unless they offer us ridiculous compensation, of course.
I'm taking the best offer I get period. We don't have to worry about anybody but ourselves.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.