Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2022, 07:08 AM  
Veteran

Worst Case 1st Round

Whats the worst case result that the Chiefs could realistically actually do in the first round, in your opinion, and how would you feel about it if it happened? You can include trades.

I think my worst case that I can see the Chiefs actually doing is:

29. Skyy Moore
30. Travis Jones

How would I feel about this?

Actually pretty fine. It would just feel a bit underwhelming.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-22-2022, 10:28 AM   #121
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I dunno man. They all.....kinda suck? I mean some are fine but they're all kinda meh.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are not passing on Malik Willis.

Mike Tomlin reportedly loves him. They might even trade up for him.

But if they’re sitting at 20 and he falls into their lap? Yea, umm they aren’t passing on him.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #122
Needs more middle fingers

Teams with no QB's will talk themselves into liking these guys. It happens every year. Why would this year be any different? There's always a run on QB's.

If they're 2nd round prospects that just means they'll be taken mid to late 1st.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:07 AM   #123
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Actually, that board isn’t even that bad.

I’d gladly take Mafe and Elam.
Yeah, that board isn't awful. Certainly not 'oh my god we have to trade up!!!' awful.

And like you said, it's also exceptionally unlikely.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:11 PM   #124
MVP

Pickett and Willis probably both go in the top 8 picks, and I'm betting both ends up top 5 after trades go down. Neither are trash. Pickett is the solid guy and Willis is the high-upside guy. Ridder probably ends up in the top 20 somewhere too. I don't think he makes it by Pittsburgh if they haven't moved up for Willis. That's not to mention that Corral could go somewhere before KC picks.

At any rate, I think this is a draft where you have the ammo to go get a stud so go get one.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #125
In Search of a Life

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #126
Most Valuable Villain

Pickett
Willis
Ridder

Not in that order. And my guess is the Saints, Steelers and Lions.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:53 PM   #127
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't think Green can play RT, though. Not well anyway. I guess you could move Thuney out there?

Boy, I feel like that just screams trade down. Maybe you go Raimann and Pitre there?

Or realistically you just bail out of the 'consensus' top 40 and go with Ojabo and Pickens.
Mafe is still there too. So it's not ideal value-wise if you can't trade down, but it's like having the pick of the litter of the next tier, and that's disappointing but acceptable?
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #128
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I think the worst case is that EDGE, WR, DT, CB, LB, S get wiped off the board before we get there. Here is a quick stab based roughly on Brugler's big board. Your mileage may vary.
Worst case scenario is that the following 28 players are off the Board before KC picks:
1. Aidan Hutchinson
2. Ikem Ekwonu
3. Evan Neal
4. Travon Walker
5. Ahmad Gardner
6. Kyle Hamilton
7. Charles Cross
8. Kayvon Thibodeaux
9. Devin Lloyd
10. Garrett Wilson
11. Jermaine Johnson
12. Trent McDuffie
13. Jameson Williams
14. Derek Stingley
15. Drake London
16. Trevor Penning
17. Chris Olave
18. George Karlaftis
19. Daxton Hill
20. Treylon Burks
21. Devonte Wyatt
22. Jordan Davis
23. Jahan Dotson
24. Andrew Booth
25. Arnold Ebiketie
26. Nakobe Dean
27. Lewis Cine
28. Travis Jones

Top-40 guys still left on the Board:
Tyler Linderbaum
Zion Johnson
Kenyon Green
Kenny Pickett
Quay Walker
Malik Willis
Kenneth Walker
Bernhard Raimann
Logan Hall
Jalen Pitre
Skyy Moore
Desmond Ridder

1) this presents opportunities to trade down with QB needy teams.
2) If you have to hold your nose and draft Kenyon Green and Logan Hall/Jalen Pitre, you come away disappointed, but not destroyed.
We have our winner!! This has to be the worst 1st round for the Chiefs (realistically).
Good News, there are still some good players left.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:29 PM   #129
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Mafe is still there too. So it's not ideal value-wise if you can't trade down, but it's like having the pick of the litter of the next tier, and that's disappointing but acceptable?
I'm not a huge Mafe guy. I think he's a mid to late second rounder we've built up our little CP Hive mind a bit.

He's an older rookie who will be on a flatter development arc than many because of that but who needs to be on a steeper development arc due to being from a less pedigreed college program and also not being terribly polished or productive while there.

I'd definitely prefer Ojabo over Mafe.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #130
Colorado Chief Fan

I like DJs, Ojabo and Pickens in the first if it fell this way.

Reduce the risk by taking another Edge in the second and the draft really opens up.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:27 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Pickett
Willis
Ridder

Not in that order. And my guess is the Saints, Steelers and Lions.
Goff is good enough Detroit doesn't need to be desperate.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:17 AM   #132
Inmem 2.0

Seems as though some of you have moved on from Obajo. I think that's a mistake and it's more likely he would be there when we pick than Karlaftis
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM   #133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Goff is good enough Detroit doesn't need to be desperate.
I will just add the falcons and the panthers to the list.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:21 PM   #134
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Seems as though some of you have moved on from Obajo. I think that's a mistake and it's more likely he would be there when we pick than Karlaftis
Haven’t moved on from Ojabo at all. I’m skeptical the Chiefs would pull the trigger, but I’m still for it.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #135
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post

I’m way out on him in the first round.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.