Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
I haven't had any issues other than it not keeping track of where I left off in a movie or what episode of a series I'm on. Given that it's a new service working out the bugs I honestly expected worse.
Yeah I'm hoping in the next few weeks to months it'll be w/o errors and have improvements. Like it otherwise so far. Locked in for 3 years
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I saw that article yesterday and the only thing embarrassing, IMO, was her awful writing and complaining. I don't understand what's going on in the world of "journalism" but anyone that can put two sentences together is "writing" for these websites for like 1 cent per word and personally, I find that abhorrent.

Anyway, I experienced some glitches Tuesday evening with Disney Plus on a Roku 4K but most of those had disappeared by last night. The movie we were watching wasn't "highlighted" or at the top of any menu, so I had to search for the movie manually, but it did remember exactly where we stopped the previous evening.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to expect that a brand new streaming service, with 10 million new users that's gone "Live" for the first time on a dozen different platforms, would be "Glitch-Free" from launch.

Articles like those above are just click-bait for trolls.

(PS - Good to see you, Brotha!)
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I saw that article yesterday and the only thing embarrassing, IMO, was her awful writing and complaining. I don't understand what's going on in the world of "journalism" but anyone that can put two sentences together is "writing" for these websites for like 1 cent per word and personally, I find that abhorrent.

Anyway, I experienced some glitches Tuesday evening with Disney Plus on a Roku 4K but most of those had disappeared by last night. The movie we were watching wasn't "highlighted" or at the top of any menu, so I had to search for the movie manually, but it did remember exactly where we stopped the previous evening.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to expect that a brand new streaming service, with 10 million new users that's gone "Live" for the first time on a dozen different platforms, would be "Glitch-Free" from launch.

Articles like those above are just click-bait for trolls.

(PS - Good to see you, Brotha!)
Lol agreed. Seems way to early to panic...I've already seen 1 app updateon my phone dhf PS4 so I'm sure they will get it cleaned up soon. I'm looking forward to more enhancements too. I can't wait to dive in more this weekend. Good to see you posting!
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Banned

Just found out as a Verizon Unlimited Data customer I get it free for a year. And it can be streamed on up to 6 devices per account.
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
El Gato Gordo Loco

I'm getting tired of this shit. I now have Direct TV, Sports Package on Direct TV, ESPN+, Netflex, YouTubePremium. Tired of paying up the ass. Just come out with some package that I can choose exact channels I want.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm getting tired of this shit. I now have Direct TV, Sports Package on Direct TV, ESPN+, Netflex, YouTubePremium. Tired of paying up the ass. Just come out with some package that I can choose exact channels I want.
It's actually heading the other direction, with Universal's new streaming platform set for sometime in 2021 and HBO Max, which is set for Spring 2020.

The only major studio without a streaming platform is Sony.

There are rumors that AT&T will include HBO Max for free to its customers (including Direct TV) but that hasn't been set in stone.

I think it's going to be quite a while before we see any "Bundled Bundles".
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #8
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
It's actually heading the other direction, with Universal's new streaming platform set for sometime in 2021 and HBO Max, which is set for Spring 2020.

There are rumors that AT&T will include HBO Max for free to its customers (including Direct TV) but that hasn't been set in stone.

If every single network had the stand alone streaming option - I'd be all about it.

Maybe someday. I just pay for so many channels I don't need or watch. Thats how they getcha
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
If every single network had the stand alone streaming option - I'd be all about it.
I can't think of a network that doesn't have a streaming app for most, if not all, platforms.

I can access every app/channel included in my Direct TV package but of course, I'm a "subscriber", so all I need to do is login to those apps (Disney, FX, FXX, etc.). CBS All Access being the lone "pay wall".

Also, keep in mind that Universal, Disney and Warner Brothers (including TBS, TNT, TruTV, etc.) are all pulling content from Netflix and Amazon so TV series like Friends, The Office, Parks & Rec, et al, will only be available to stream from their respective "Parent" companies. There's a rumor that the NBC/Universal app will be free of charge but if that happens, it most likely won't be ad-free.

But as I mentioned earlier, I think it will be at least a decade, if ever, when bundles are offered in a cafeteria style purchase.

It's gonna get messy.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
I can't think of a network that doesn't have a streaming app for most, if not all, platforms.

I can access every app/channel included in my Direct TV package but of course, I'm a "subscriber", so all I need to do is login to those apps (Disney, FX, FXX, etc.). CBS All Access being the lone "pay wall".

Also, keep in mind that Universal, Disney and Warner Brothers (including TBS, TNT, TruTV, etc.) are all pulling content from Netflix and Amazon so TV series like Friends, The Office, Parks & Rec, et al, will only be available to stream from their respective "Parent" companies. There's a rumor that the NBC/Universal app will be free of charge but if that happens, it most likely won't be ad-free.

But as I mentioned earlier, I think it will be at least a decade, if ever, when bundles are offered in a cafeteria style purchase.

It's gonna get messy.
This is our capitalistic system. We think in the long run that individuals and corporations greed will be better for us. It's hard to argue against that system. Look around us, we are the biggest economy ever.

Every entertainment entity wants to keep all their content to themselves and not share the profits with Netflix, HBO, Comcast etc. Let the consumer decide approach.

If Dane's prediction of a decade before we get another consolation or shift in the paradigm on how we receive content. I think tech will decide that for the market before these other content and consumer demands force consolidation.

I come at this from a tech prospective. Automation, Big Data and AI will have matured into the main stream within 5 years. EVERYTHING will change including how we get our entertainment content.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:03 PM   #11
Here We Go Again

Quote:

Honestly, there is little reason to subscribe to all of them at once. They are all month to month, so just subscribe to one until you run out of things to watch cancel it, and move on to the next one.

I've been pretty disapointed with most of Netflix's new stuff, so canceled them. Now have the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle.

Outside sports, we don't watch live TV.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Why YouTube premium? Curious...I've watched Cobra Kai but that's it
Old 11-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #13
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Why YouTube premium? Curious...I've watched Cobra Kai but that's it
I watch Impulse and I use the function everyday where I can listen to YouTube with my screen turned off on my phone. You used to be able to finagle your phone to do this without paying but I haven't been able to figure it out anymore - because they want you to buy You Tube Premium. I also like the option to be able to download YouTube videos and watch them when Offline when I'm on a plane or something.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
That will be cool....I'm looking forward to the what if series