Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM  
Supporter

7/26/24 Daily Training Camp Thread

Back to work today.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #121
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Yeah, and when it actually comes time to play our OTs usually end up being pretty below average relative to the rest of the league. What a coinkidink that we keep having this conversation every year.
Elite LTs don’t hit the market usually nor do they grow on trees. They also don’t sit where KC drafts, so they have to do what they are doing which is develop their own while plugging in stopgaps until then. It is what it is.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #122
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Elite LTs don’t hit the market usually nor do they grow on trees. They also don’t sit where KC drafts, so they have to do what they are doing which is develop their own while plugging in stopgaps until then. It is what it is.
Right. Which is literally what I'm ****ing advocating for here.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #123
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
When do the stopgaps stop, though?

At some point you're going to have to throw a guy out there into the fire and be patient with him. Most NFL positions you can start small and increase reps as they start to find success. You can't do that with LT and QB. They play every snap they're healthy.

All some of us are saying is if Suamataia can achieve OBJ/Smith levels of mediocrity as a rookie, then play him now. If he can't, go with Morris. And if both are legitimately super horribad (which I think the coaches would know by now if they were that bad) then go get your stopgap and try again next year
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #124
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Dude, Thuney and Humphrey and Trey Smith especially have had rough reps in 1x1s over the past couple of years and people have freaked out about that, too.

Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, too.

1x1s are always heavily slanted to defenders. They don’t have to worry about anything but winning, and even a slow death neutral snap can be viewed as a “loss” in that setup.

Suamataia’s second rep against Danna was a “slow loss” rep. I don’t know how long that actually was, but if he got it to 3 second that’s a rep you’d grade neutral in a game.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #125
Former Illinoisian

For some reason Squatch reminds me of the youtube video of the girl with the nail in her head.

Don't know why, but she popped into my thoughts while reading his.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #126

Hey, if Thuney was good to go now, great, throw one of them into the fire and let them learn. Unfortunately, that probably isn't going to be the case. Even if Thuney is available to play week one, really expecting him to be 100% of his old self right away?

His worst rep of the day wasn't even in 1 on 1s in my opinion. It was that abysmal rep against Karlaftis where he got bamboozled on an inside move.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #127
Three-Pat

Quote:
Except you are throwing in the towel after one practice.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #128
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Dude, Thuney and Humphrey and Trey Smith especially have had rough reps in 1x1s over the past couple of years and people have freaked out about that, too.

Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, too.

1x1s are always heavily slanted to defenders. They don’t have to worry about anything but winning, and even a slow death neutral snap can be viewed as a “loss” in that setup.

Suamataia’s second rep against Danna was a “slow loss” rep. I don’t know how long that actually was, but if he got it to 3 second that’s a rep you’d grade neutral in a game.
Just for funsies, let's actually take this single padded practice and illogically extrapolate it out to Week 1 of the regular season. The Sua we saw today is the Sua we're going to get against the Ravens.

In that case, he's a beast on zone runs. It's a plus trait, which is something we haven't really had from the LT position since Fisher, and it's something he's got over both Morris and Smith. Now, we'd LIKE that plus trait to be pass protection, but at least it's something we can work with, and I'd take that over just being meh at everything.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Except you are throwing in the towel after one practice.
No I'm ****ing not. Good ****ing God, the only thing I said is bring in Smith. That's it. Like I think Kingsley is a worthless ****ing bust because I think it may be a good idea to bring in Smith to start for a bit while he develops without being on the field starting next to a complete scrub in Caliendo or Thuney while he ramps up to 100%
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #130

Now, I will admit I may have unfairly written off Morris as an option already.
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #131
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
No I'm ****ing not. Good ****ing God, the only thing I said is bring in Smith. That's it. Like I think Kingsley is a worthless ****ing bust because I think it may be a good idea to bring in Smith to start for a bit while he develops without being on the field starting next to a complete scrub in Caliendo or Thuney while he ramps up to 100%

But why do you hate Kingsley so much?
chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chop must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #132
In Search of a Life

FAU making noise the first day of pads is a great sign.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #133
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty nervous at the prospect of Suamatela/Morris and Caliendo being the left side of our line to start the season given what I've seen so far from them. Sue me.
SFC...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

FAU making noise the first day of pads is a great sign.
If FAU has developed we've got 5 legit pass rushers with 3 being able to play inside or out. That's ****ing insanity.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #135
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
This makes sense.
TEX has disabled reputation