Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2024, 05:44 AM  
Supporter

Open Carry

My last two trips to our little town of Branson West resulted in seeing private citizens with a pistol holstered.

I was right behind one in line at the bank and the other one came in to shoot the shit with the barber cutting my hair. The only thing holding the second guys gun in the holster was gravity, no strap.

I am pro gun and all for peoples rights, but why? Why does someone feel they need to be packing heat while running errands?

It makes me pretty uncomfortable to say the least. Is this person stable enough to packing heat? Is he or she sober? Are they worried about a jealous lover or spouse gunning them down? Is there going to be a shootout?

What is your opinion? Are we all going to have to be packing soon? Are we going to regress to 200 years ago, like the wild west?

Who vetted this person to have this weapon in public?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 06:16 PM   #121
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
A sharp knife in the hands of someone with basic anatomy knowledge in close quarters is as dangerous as anything. Tueller was onto something

On another note Id recommend keeping a gun anywhere but a glove box. If you are ever approached by LEO, a gun in the glove box is a disaster waiting to happen. Too easy a chance for miscommunication lol
I would plan on communicating clearly that I have a firearm in my glove box and ask him how he wants me to proceed. But I haven't been pulled over in almost 20 years so I'm not super concerned with that.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 06:40 PM   #122
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Ah, I see. That doesn’t seem so bad.

I mean, yeah, if it’s warning you when you’re walking on the sidewalk then they need to recalibrate, but I understand wanting something like that on your property for the exact scenario shown in the clip you linked.
Other than a murder, what are you doing with that video for anybody that cares?

Outside of posting it on the Ring app for other Karens, nobody cares or is going to go through the effort to identify that individual, even IF possible

But people waste money on a ton of stuff so if it helps them sleep better at night well spent I guess

Locking your car and not leaving valuable shit in it is free
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:01 PM   #123
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Those stories are undoubtedly tragic and you are correct. They would not be helped with more guns.

But with the number of people that exist and the vagaries of the natural world, people die from a great many causes. Every year more than 100 people drown in their bathtub. Tens of thousands die from falls each year. Or random people die in car accidents that were completely unpredictable. Should those random deaths affect how many bathtubs or cars or ladders or whatever are sold? or to whom they’re sold?
The US is the only developed country where innocent people are routinely killed by stray bullets. People can still own guns in those other countries, it's just a little harder. This isn't an unsolvable problem.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:02 PM   #124
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Other than a murder, what are you doing with that video for anybody that cares?

Outside of posting it on the Ring app for other Karens, nobody cares or is going to go through the effort to identify that individual, even IF possible

But people waste money on a ton of stuff so if it helps them sleep better at night well spent I guess

Locking your car and not leaving valuable shit in it is free
Well it worked really well in the clip you linked as a deterrent.

The video is mostly worthless, I’d imagine.. unless the perp is dumb enough to come back around again.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:13 PM   #125
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Well it worked really well in the clip you linked as a deterrent.

The video is mostly worthless, I’d imagine.. unless the perp is dumb enough to come back around again.
That’s a Ring promo video holmes
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:22 PM   #126
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
That’s a Ring promo video holmes
I have some ring cams. You can turn all that shit off and tune the sensitivity of the things. I don't need mine tripping every time the mail man comes by.

But I do like to know when the god damn NoMo pest control scammers are on my block.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:33 PM   #127
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I have some ring cams. You can turn all that shit off and tune the sensitivity of the things. I don't need mine tripping every time the mail man comes by.

But I do like to know when the god damn KnowMo pest control scammers are on my block.
Yeah same, I have a Ring cam to screen people who ring my doorbell, track package deliveries, etc

But letting the UPS driver and anyone walking by on the sidewalk know that they’re being recorded…in a zero serious crime area….is the same as packing heat to pick up Jimmy Johns
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:39 PM   #128
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I would plan on communicating clearly that I have a firearm in my glove box and ask him how he wants me to proceed. But I haven't been pulled over in almost 20 years so I'm not super concerned with that.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tANLJEmRw
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:52 PM   #129
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post

I am pro gun and all for peoples rights, but why? Why does someone feel they need to be packing heat while running errands?
Valid question. As from California, there is no open carry of course. As an ex Sheriff, I maintain a CCW. My wife used to ridicule me for carrying on errands, dates and trips to the supermarket or Walmart.

During one of many vacations outside of California, we missed the Walmart shooting at El Paso Texas on August 3,2019 by about twenty minutes. We did not receive any prior warning this was going to happen. That's the point.

If you are sane, legally allowed to own a firearm, you should be allowed to carry. No one is going to give you advance notice of a mass shooting. You should be allowed to protect yourself and your family.
BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:56 PM   #130
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG K View Post
Valid question. As from California, there is no open carry of course. As an ex Sheriff, I maintain a CCW. My wife used to ridicule me for carrying on errands, dates and trips to the supermarket or Walmart.

During one of many vacations outside of California, we missed the Walmart shooting at El Paso Texas on August 3,2019 by about twenty minutes. We did not receive any prior warning this was going to happen. That's the point.

If you are sane, legally allowed to own a firearm, you should be allowed to carry. No one is going to give you advance notice of a mass shooting. You should be allowed to protect yourself and your family.
You can start protecting your family by not going to Walmart.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:59 PM   #131
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
People are afraid of everything
Yes. White peoples love to LARP and cosplay with their guns and body armor against the bogeyman.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 08:01 PM   #132
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
You can start protecting your family by not going to Walmart.
Just Walmart or any place in public?
BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BIG K must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-01-2024, 08:05 PM   #133
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG K View Post
Just Walmart or any place in public?
Places with abnormally high percentages of low IQ hoopleheads. Walmart, Dollar General, trap houses/Wendler’s neighborhood and the DC forum.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 08:05 PM   #134
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Yes. White peoples love to LARP and cosplay with their guns and body armor against the bogeyman.
And food, climate, NFL officiating, etc
Old 06-01-2024, 08:07 PM   #135
Live free or die hard

Doesn't even phase me.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.