Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:53 PM   #13381
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Something along those lines. Smaller Aerospace company based out of Colorado.
I suspect you're hearing some hyperbolic numbers here. Lockheed Martin only has ~$50B in assets, and they're not exactly a "small startup."
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:58 PM   #13382
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I suspect you're hearing some hyperbolic numbers here. Lockheed Martin only has ~$50B in assets, and they're not exactly a "small startup."
Christ, I've been saying Billion, it's million not billion. Sorry for the accidental hyperbole.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:00 PM   #13383
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Christ, I've been saying Billion, it's million not billion. Sorry for the accidental hyperbole.
Ha! OK. That makes far more sense.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #13384
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Ha! OK. That makes far more sense.
Yeah and that's honestly way worse. That means way more companies are going to get ****ed.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:05 PM   #13385
Supporter

Quote:
That makes a little more sense. Not sure it changes the level of horrible.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:06 PM   #13386
fides quaerens intellectum

That is some really interesting data on that chart. I wish I could find that somewhere where I can see it.

Last edited by Jenson71; 03-10-2023 at 04:59 PM..
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:31 PM   #13387
Kind of a mod

Apparently my work banks with them as well. That's...less than ideal.

Not sure the extent to which we have funds there, but they're at least in the portfolio.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:54 PM   #13388
Kind of a mod

Actually, as I dig around a bit, I think they're mostly an investor rather than our "bank." So we're in the assets column rather than the deposits column. Still, could get interesting to see how that plays out.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:52 PM   #13389
Veteran

How many other banks are in the same death spiral? SVB weren't the only ones parking their assets in long term bonds.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:09 PM   #13390
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Holy ****.

That is MUCH more than I have uncovered.

That makes me want to puke just thinking about it. And I can’t wrap my head around 50B.

Why don’t you open a cash management account with Fidelity? They layer your deposits across multiple institutions and its FDIC insured up to $3mm. And the rate (4.22%) is probably higher than your banks.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old 03-10-2023, 07:15 PM   #13391
Mod Team

Quote:
Jesus dude.

Go back and edit all your posts now!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:17 PM   #13392
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
How many other banks are in the same death spiral? SVB weren't the only ones parking their assets in long term bonds.
Probably not too many. SVB balance sheet was made up of a high a percentage of long term, low yield assets.

Last edited by UteChief; 03-10-2023 at 07:27 PM..
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old 03-10-2023, 08:38 PM   #13393
Fish are scared of me

I just bought 10 shares of QYLD because of all this mayhem. Must save myself!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2023, 11:26 PM   #13394
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC.Joe View Post
Why don’t you open a cash management account with Fidelity? They layer your deposits across multiple institutions and its FDIC insured up to $3mm. And the rate (4.22%) is probably higher than your banks.
I’m setting up a similar deal with a different outfit, but I haven’t finished it yet. I’ll definitely look into Fidelity though, thanks.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:46 AM   #13395
Mod Team

Makes you wonder if you should have all assets over $250k separated into different accounts/institutions to protect from something like this. I've always been told no, it's not needed, however..............
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.