Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:04 PM   #1306
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
We're on the same page, dude. I wanted Hopkins because I felt like we'd benefit from having an adult in that room. But I never would've paid what OBJ and Hopkins got so those just weren't viable or realistic alternatives.

It's wayyy too soon to judge what we have now and we can surely see some improvement from week 1 to week 2. I don't put blind trust in Mahomes but I do think this group has enough talent to be productive enough to win us a lot of games.
I like what I have seen from Rice and hope he gets more snaps. I don't know what to make of Skyy, was ready to write him off but he made some plays today.

Good news is our D is ahead of schedule and that gives us more runway to figure this all out.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 09:05 PM   #1307
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Expect? I honestly don’t know considering how Andy historically feels about young WRs
Seems to always have had a plan with them and got them involved as the year goes on.

Maybe this year is different and it doesn’t happen
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:05 PM   #1308
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
A first round pick and 2 2nds would seem to be some talent
Let's be honest, a lot of people made fun of the Giants for that pick. Toneys talented but that comes with injuries etc...

And Moore is very quickly looking like he was over drafted.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #1309
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It's not the finished product, it was never going to be the finished product right out of the gate (especially with no Kelce on 24 hrs notice), and it's still not after week two, although it looked much better from a WR perspective.

It's not a 'fix' so much as it is just 'reps' and coaching staff figuring out what people do best and maximizing it. It's a lot of new parts, and young players who are gaining important experience.

It's logical to expect young guys to get better as they get acclimated to the offense, and learn.

It's not 'hoping' they do; it's expected they will. It's a natural progression.

the offensive line will get more in synch, as they get more reps. The WR's will get more in sync with Pat with more reps. More reps, more reps, more reps. There is no substitute for more reps.

pining for Long John Juju (get the reference? one leg? I crack me up) as the dependable veteran we can't replace is nonsense. It was never going to be immediate, although in week two, it's starting to look like it's happening. Not that I expect a 24 yard per catch average from Moore, but 70 yards and a TD is a start. And the TD was a nifty little route and grab.

It's going to be okay. Exercise a little patience. By season's end, you're going to be pleased with this WR group.

If Mahomes wants a big body WR to chuck it up to, Ross was in there. Ain't no CB3 or CB4 going to outjump him.
I’m by no means a juju Stan. But Christ you think that Mvs and skyy and their 2-3 targets per game is doing it? Because Mvs played remarkably vs cincy we assumed he’d just pick up the mantle as if just anyone can step in to that role. That’s not the case. It’s not at all insurmountable but right now it’s sure looking like the guys who can fill are raw (Ross and rice), unreliable (Toney) or serviceable (Watson).

We have options but nobody has stepped in and claimed the spot yet. And you can’t act like it hasn’t made a dent.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #1310
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
You keep saying it’s the same WR corp, and I can argue that really MVS is the only carry over.

Moore did shit last year. Toney came in late. Rice, Ross and James are all new.

There’s a reason 15 keeps double clutching. He doesn’t have a relationship with anyone outside of Kelce and MVS.
How can you argue that MVS is the only carryover when we only lost JJSS and Hardman who was out the entire second half of last season?

One knows it's a totally disingenuous argument when you completely ignore Watson's existence.

Who was Mahomes throwing it to last season from November onward at WR who isn't there right now? Outside of JJSS, I'm waiting for your answer.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #1311
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Let's be honest, a lot of people made fun of the Giants for that pick. Toneys talented but that comes with injuries etc...

So you didn’t like the draft prospects, makes sense
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:07 PM   #1312
SuperBowl or bust

No question that Pat needs to trust you to throw to you. He understands how much turnovers affect win/loss ratios and won’t throw unless he’s sure.

Except when he’s like “**** it, Justin Watson down there somewhere”
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:07 PM   #1313
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I think Mahomes and Reid deserve the benefit of the doubt in figuring these things out.
I agree, that Reid and Mahomes deserve the benefit of the doubt, but after watching other rookie receivers making impacts across the NFL today, Veach should no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

I understand that Mahomes threw to Rice before the draft, but both Hyatt and Mims fit our team, and our needs better.

MVS is not really a deep threat, and we have no reliable punt returners on the team. Hyatt would be a deep threat, and not only did Mims fit the offense better, he would be the punt returner.

Mims had a TD catch and a really good punt return, and Hyatt caught a deep TD today.

Skyy Moore has had, what, 22 games to show something, and he still seems lost. Yeah, he had a TD today, but it was a JAG td, meaning whoever lined up there was getting the TD.

And with our receiving corp looking like a JAG Circus today, Rice seemed to be stuck in the back of the Clown Car.

Will Mahomes make due and make it work? Yes.

Does that mean we are good at WR? F***NO
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 09:07 PM   #1314
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Yes it is in a thread about our issues at the position. This isn't some Uber talented group just needing to gel.

But hey whatever.
Bullshit
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:08 PM   #1315
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That only matters to you because you're weird and really care about what people think.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:08 PM   #1316
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So you didn’t like the draft prospects, makes sense
You judge what you see, like no one today thinks Edwards Helaire is a first round talent.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:08 PM   #1317
In Search of a Life

Watson was open on pats interception. Pat under threw i
Old 09-17-2023, 09:08 PM   #1318
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I like what I have seen from Rice and hope he gets more snaps. I don't know what to make of Skyy, was ready to write him off but he made some plays today.

Good news is our D is ahead of schedule and that gives us more runway to figure this all out.
Yeah, I think Skyy might suck. But he made 2 of the exact plays you'd have wanted him to make today with a back shoulder TD and then a huge play on a scramble drill. I don't know how people can't see that as a major step in the right direction for a QB and an offense that thrives on rhythm and confidence.

And yeah, Rice is exciting every time he touches the ball. Would definitely like to see more of that and have no doubt that's coming.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 09:09 PM   #1319
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You judge what you see, like no one today thinks Edwards Helaire is a first round talent.
That’s for sure
Old 09-17-2023, 09:09 PM   #1320
MVP

It’s too soon to judge that the WRs have been disappointing through two games, but not too early to just assume they’ll just figure it out.

No one is saying they won’t figure it out, but right now there is no evidence to suggest they will. Like Mecca said, if you trusted Rice enough to draft him early, show it.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.