Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #12886
Kind of a mod

I don't pretend at all to know about the investing side of most individual stocks, but Rivian is having major production issues. I'd be a bit nervous because of that, but their product itself is great if they can get the volume up.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:02 AM   #12887
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

It may be a good company, but my conscience will not let me invest in a vehicle with a front end like that.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:46 AM   #12888
Politically Incorrect

I'm not a doom-and-gloom type of guy but the clouds of recession with a housing crash are building.

=====================================================

Consumer debt soared by $52 billion in March

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/06/econo...rch/index.html

San Francisco (CNN Business)Americans are racking up debt at record rates.

Consumer debt levels for March 2022 climbed by $52.4 billion, an annual increase of 14%, seasonally adjusted, according to Federal Reserve data released Friday.

Revolving credit, which includes credit cards, surged by 21.4%.

Despite robust wage growth -- over the past 12 months, average hourly earnings have gone up by 5.5% -- consumers are seeing those gains eroded by the highest inflation in 40 years. The cost of food is up nearly 9% over the last year, and a gallon of gas now averages $4.279 at the pump.

Paying off credit card debt is about to get even more difficult for those who don't make the minimum monthly payment: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced a half-point rate hike as part of a series of actions intended to address rampant inflation. That means interest rates will rise on everything from credit cards to car loans, pressuring household budgets even further.

"All of this newfound debt that Americans have is only going to get more and more expensive in the coming months," said Matt Schulz, chief credit analyst for Lending Tree.

The rise in debt levels is likely driven by two factors, Schulz said. First, there is some pent-up spending after lockdown. Then there are other cash-strapped individuals who are turning to credit cards to pay for basic needs that have grown more expensive, he said.

"An increase in credit card debt can be a sign of confidence, or it can be a sign of concern," Schulz said. "I think we're seeing both of those simultaneously right now in this country, and it's just another example of how different people have been impacted in the wake of the pandemic."
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:11 AM   #12889
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm not a doom-and-gloom type of guy but the clouds of recession with a housing crash are building.

Consumer debt levels for March 2022 climbed by $52.4 billion, an annual increase of 14%, seasonally adjusted, according to Federal Reserve data released Friday.

Despite robust wage growth -- over the past 12 months, average hourly earnings have gone up by 5.5% -- consumers are seeing those gains eroded by the highest inflation in 40 years. The cost of food is up nearly 9% over the last year, and a gallon of gas now averages $4.279 at the pump.

Paying off credit card debt is about to get even more difficult for those who don't make the minimum monthly payment: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced a half-point rate hike as part of a series of actions intended to address rampant inflation. That means interest rates will rise on everything from credit cards to car loans, pressuring household budgets even further.

"All of this newfound debt that Americans have is only going to get more and more expensive in the coming months," said Matt Schulz, chief credit analyst for Lending Tree.

The rise in debt levels is likely driven by two factors, Schulz said. First, there is some pent-up spending after lockdown. Then there are other cash-strapped individuals who are turning to credit cards to pay for basic needs that have grown more expensive, he said.

"An increase in credit card debt can be a sign of confidence, or it can be a sign of concern," Schulz said. "I think we're seeing both of those simultaneously right now in this country, and it's just another example of how different people have been impacted in the wake of the pandemic."
Holy balls. I was going to pop on and say it's probably guys locking in debt before the rate hike, but SON OF A BITCH 21% increase in credit? What the hell? I hope to all hell it's not the bottom end of the labor market that is getting crushed by inflation. That would bode poorly for the times to come.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #12890
Politically Incorrect

WTF HAPPENED TO PALANTIR???

I thought this would be a great stock on what they were doing.

$7.65 ????

Jeez, this market is merciless
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #12891
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
WTF HAPPENED TO PALANTIR???

I thought this would be a great stock on what they were doing.

$7.65 ????

Jeez, this market is merciless
This makes no sense. This company is constantly being awarded new contracts, they can literally help just about any business. Ive heard from people that use it that they are years ahead of anyone else.

I still believe in it but this is a huge test of nerve.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #12892
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
This makes no sense. This company is constantly being awarded new contracts, they can literally help just about any business. Ive heard from people that use it that they are years ahead of anyone else.

I still believe in it but this is a huge test of nerve.
I'm going to look at their financials and cash position -this could be a homerun in 3-4 years.

No one has really been talking about them much but I guess now they will be since earnings were not up to par.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:50 AM   #12893
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:

Does this include home loans?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:08 PM   #12894
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don't think so.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:27 PM   #12895
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I would think the consumer debt number would.

The revolving number that I freaked out about wouldn’t. Except for maybe a HELOC.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #12896
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The revolving number that I freaked out about wouldn’t. Except for maybe a HELOC.
For sure. A 21% surge in credit card debt and the like is pretty concerning.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #12897
It was not a fair catch

Uff dah today.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:30 PM   #12898
It's just a ride.

Real estate is another domino that will fall I imagine. Doesn't matter what the supply is like when your average pool of buyers can barely afford milk and eggs let alone deal with the rising rates on mortgages.

Demand is going to start dwindling.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #12899
Forever Royal

UPST
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #12900
Fish are scared of me

I have a stuped question for the smart people here. My long term portfolio is bleeding just like everyone elses. The stocks I have are mixed , mutual funds , ETF's , tech stocks etc...

Would it be smart , right now, to go ahead and harvest for taxes and move to index funds. We know it ALWAYS goes back up. But the implication of tax harvesting is a real thing that can put money back in your pocket.

Even if you're say bag holding NFLX and just move that money over too AAPL wouldn't it benefit a person best to do that???? You're claimin the loss and getting in AAPL at a great entry.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.