Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #12766
Politically Incorrect

The sell programs from 3:30 just pounded the shit out of the stocks
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:00 PM   #12767
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The sell programs from 3:30 just pounded the shit out of the stocks
I have to admit. Since I bought in and started following AMC it's been a really eye opening experience. I've received a good education on how much the market is manipulated . Actually its sad knowing that the retail investor has no influence on the market.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:37 PM   #12768
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I have to admit. Since I bought in and started following AMC it's been a really eye opening experience. I've received a good education on how much the market is manipulated . Actually its sad knowing that the retail investor has no influence on the market.
There was a case a while back where a brokerage firm got caught making some tiny computer program change to execute their trades a microsecond before the public's trades, which gave them an advantage in pricing their buys and sells. Ever since then, I've known that we're playing a rigged game that works against people and for giant Wall Street brokerages, and it's disappointing. But the challenge is that it's the only game in town.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #12769
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There was a case a while back where a brokerage firm got caught making some tiny computer program change to execute their trades a microsecond before the public's trades, which gave them an advantage in pricing their buys and sells. Ever since then, I've known that we're playing a rigged game that works against people and for giant Wall Street brokerages, and it's disappointing. But the challenge is that it's the only game in town.
They're using AI technology that has investor emotion plugged in to the algorithms.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #12770
In Search of a Life

I posted about Fundrise.com before and wanted to update what is going on. Since I joined in February, they have purchased 3 major properties and now merged several funds into their Interval Fund (which is the basic level). My account has received only modest dividends, but the Appreciation has been amazing-- over 7% for the 1st quarter. They average about 22% per year, which is great for a REIT.

You can start a FREE account and now they are giving $25.00 bucks to join. You can make up to $900.00 in shares by just sending out invites.

https://fundrise.com/r/1lev88

I wouldn't post this unless I was completely impressed with this company.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 07:36 PM   #12771
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. It’s pretty damned interesting.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:05 PM   #12772
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. It’s pretty damned interesting.
Amazing book.

Anyone who's into investing should read it.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:25 PM   #12773
Veteran

Is the cut off still 4-10-22?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:31 AM   #12774
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
I posted about Fundrise.com before and wanted to update what is going on. Since I joined in February, they have purchased 3 major properties and now merged several funds into their Interval Fund (which is the basic level). My account has received only modest dividends, but the Appreciation has been amazing-- over 7% for the 1st quarter. They average about 22% per year, which is great for a REIT.

You can start a FREE account and now they are giving $25.00 bucks to join. You can make up to $900.00 in shares by just sending out invites.

https://fundrise.com/r/1lev88

I wouldn't post this unless I was completely impressed with this company.
No.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:06 AM   #12775
Prestige Worldwide

Nothing on Elon making a bid for the twatter? Wish I would have jumped in for that little spike.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:13 AM   #12776
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
Nothing on Elon making a bid for the twatter? Wish I would have jumped in for that little spike.
I like the guy in general, but I really wish he'd focus on Tesla and SpaceX. It seems he's jealous of Bezos and Zuck's media empires and wants to get his own.

From an investment standpoint, though, it's tricky. Obviously you'd get a great deal if it goes through, but I have to imagine there's a high likelihood that it won't, and the stock will inevitably tank for a while if it doesn't.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:33 AM   #12777
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I like the guy in general, but I really wish he'd focus on Tesla and SpaceX. It seems he's jealous of Bezos and Zuck's media empires and wants to get his own.

From an investment standpoint, though, it's tricky. Obviously you'd get a great deal if it goes through, but I have to imagine there's a high likelihood that it won't, and the stock will inevitably tank for a while if it doesn't.
From what I read he wanted to take it private, and then it would just be buyout thing. IF you were in before the news, it probably wouldn't go a hell of a lot lower.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #12778
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
From what I read he wanted to take it private, and then it would just be buyout thing. IF you were in before the news, it probably wouldn't go a hell of a lot lower.
Yeah, my concern is that they'll essentially tell him to **** off, and in that scenario, it would likely cause a short-term sell-off in panic.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:50 AM   #12779
Colorado Chief Fan

Its a little over 46 right now. Elon is offering 54.20 a share?

A) Why would they not take that offer?

B) Wouldnt the share holders get the 54.20 for their shares?

Seems like easy money? No?
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:00 PM   #12780
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Its a little over 46 right now. Elon is offering 54.20 a share?

A) Why would they not take that offer?

B) Wouldnt the share holders get the 54.20 for their shares?

Seems like easy money? No?
There's an obvious reason why they wouldn't want to take the offer and it's probably one of the reasons he put them in this position.

I personally find it hilarious that he started the move, at least publicly, with a twitter poll.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.