Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #1261
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I would personally go with the bracket instead of welding but that's just me..I would have a little more faith in the bracket holding up

But if it boils down to the price I would do research on some local welders and find a guy who does it and see how much it would be..you might have some luck calling farm shops who weld on all kinds of different things..maybe you can luck into someone there who would do it
Im not opposed to doing it. I mean really, thats the 'right' way to do it. Before I go and spend 370 bucks, i would like to try and find out if there are any local fabricators that would be able to look at the damage, measure, and make a bracket for me.

I know for a fact others have made brackets on one-off basis, this one guy is the only guy who actually makes them to sell.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #1262
Supporter

here is how the bracket works.

Quote:
Look at the picture of starter bridge. The hole labeled #2 goes into the block where the broken screw hole is in the picture of my broken block (labeled #2 on the engine picture also). That area will probably have to be grind down so that the bracket is flush against the block to some degree.

Number 3 on the starter bracket goes to hole #1 on the engine block. Number 1 on the starter bracket goes to the bottom of the starter, which aligns with the hole that is busted on my block (labeled #2 on the engine picture).

Holes #4 & #5 on the starter bracket will go where the two, bottom bell housing bolts are on the engine. You'll remove those two bolts and use them as two of the starter bracket mounting screws.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:20 AM   #1263
Shit

ive got a 2002 5.7 ls1 sitting in my shop that is the exact same way...

i couldnt find anyone to weld the first 2 in the car so i bought brackets for them, the last one the old man wanted a new engine installed and i kept the complete core for 200. its getting a bracket when i put it in my old truck.

i live in bum **** no where and our fab guy left town a couple years ago or he would have just built me one.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #1264
Banned

I miss my car.

I don't think an adjuster has even looked at it yet.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #1265
Shit

ive actually kicked around using some aluminum low heat welding rods to fix mine also, and then use the truck starter and make a little bracket from the back (front of car) of starter to the little bolt just above the dip stick tube.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #1266
Banned

So.....any idea of what I could expect as an offer from the insurance company (scenario below)

I was driving to work (rush hour DFW) and noticed a dry cleaner's van swerving and having inconsistent speed because he was ****ing texting. I get around him and down the road. Well, about 10 minutes down the freeway, the traffic bottlenecks like it does every morning. It slows down, then opens up, and then slows down again.

During the second slow down, I look in my rear view and see a BMW SUV braking into the shoulder. The SUV wasn't driving too fast and had a gap so I wonder what the **** is going on. Then before I even had a chance to find out what was going on, the dickhead in the dry cleaner's van slammed into. He was probably doing 30-40 MPH while I was doing about 10 (I was in 1st gear and slowing down). He hits me and then bounces off of me into a car in the middle lane.

As you can see from the pics in the detailing thread, the guy bent (possibly broke) the rear lower control arm on my passenger rear wheel. Trashed the wheel and ripped a gash in the tire.

I have an appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday. I have been to the doctor and only have muscle injuries.

So can I stick it to them because the ****stick was texting?
Can I make them replace all 4 tires? I had Michelin Pilot Sports on it. I don't want to have one new, stickier tire and 3 tires at the end of their life.
I'm was about $6k positive between what the car is worth and what I owe. I was planning on trading it in this spring.

Edit: I'm pretty good at playing the insurance game already. Just trying to figure out what's reasonable from someone who may have had a similar situation.

Last edited by KC native; 07-21-2015 at 09:02 AM..
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #1267
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
ive got a 2002 5.7 ls1 sitting in my shop that is the exact same way...

i couldnt find anyone to weld the first 2 in the car so i bought brackets for them, the last one the old man wanted a new engine installed and i kept the complete core for 200. its getting a bracket when i put it in my old truck.

i live in bum **** no where and our fab guy left town a couple years ago or he would have just built me one.
damn.. was hoping you knew someone.

Guess I need the bracket. The guy just charges way too much for them :/
Old 07-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #1268
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
damn.. was hoping you knew someone.

Guess I need the bracket. The guy just charges way too much for them :/
sorry dude, i had a guy here in town that would have knocked that thing right out, especially since i have one that looks the exact same sitting in my shop, but the oil fields paid much more than he made around here and thats where he went lol.

and i agree its too much but when someone has you over a barrel they can charge what they want lol
Old 07-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #1269
Shit

doubt its gonna matter to the INS company that he was texting (in regards to settling with you) definitely doubt they are gonna put 4 new michelins on your car also.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #1270
Shit

looked at the pics, unless there is a shit ton more damage that isnt obvious they may not even total that car, and they will probably tell you that you shouldnt have even been driving on those worn out tires lol
Old 07-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #1271
Banned

Quote:
looked at the pics, unless there is a shit ton more damage that isnt obvious they may not even total that car, and they will probably tell you that you shouldnt have even been driving on those worn out tires lol
Still have a good amount tire between it and the tread bars. They're a little worn in the center bcuz spinning tires is fun. Figured I could play the wear and safety issue to get at least 2 tires out of it. I don't want a new tire on one side of my differential while having a worn tire on the other side.

The car isn't totaled at all (unless he got into the unibody which it didn't look like it when the car was up on the flat bed), but its value will be significantly affected. They're going to have to make sure all the suspension mounting points are straight as well.

Also, it's a commercial policy with the company having a no cell phone use policy in company vehicles. The wheels on his van are pigeon toed because he destroyed either the steering rack or completely ****ed his tie rods.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #1272
Supporter

So I actually talked to a buddy, HE has a block with the same problem sitting in his shop. We are going to fab it up this week and see if we can make it work off of that block. I have an idea on how to do it in a more simple way that should work perfectly.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #1273
Banned

Quote:
And that pic isn't the best. You can't see how bent the wheel is. The center of it is about 3 inches forward of where it should be and it's bent inwards significantly.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #1274
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
And that pic isn't the best. You can't see how bent the wheel is. The center of it is about 3 inches forward of where it should be and it's bent inwards significantly.
i can see it pretty clearly. again im betting they arent even going to pay for two tires, because they know spinning them is fun and you are the one who basically ruined tham...
Old 07-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #1275
Shit

did the idiot admit to texting while driving?