Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 04:02 PM  
Kind of a mod

Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]

The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 04-16-2024 at 09:11 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 06:12 AM   #1261
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
That would make sense if the actions were remotely comparable. They aren't. You don't need to actually see Sutton do it to know that what he did is FAR worse.
The actions and outcomes don’t have to be comparable at all.

One is on video, the other wasn’t. That plays a huge role.

Instead of being a quick headline that people read about and move on from (the average person doesn’t click links and read stories, let’s be honest), the video gets plastered on every form of social media and gets seen by tens of millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
it looked like a slow motion spin out. Nobody GAF.
Doesn’t really matter. They say both cars were traveling at speeds in excess of 115 mph 5 seconds before the crash. Knox’s car was still traveling at 91 mph 1 second before impact.

It may have looked slow but it was an extremely dangerous situation all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Yea, typical Virus argument.

He's acting like it's Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt. It was a ****ing car wreck.
I’m not acting like anything. You read my completely dispassionate, logical posts and put your own emotional spin on it.

I didn’t think the Kareem Hunt video was that bad, for the record. He kicked that girl like you’d kick your dog to get him off the couch.. but I think that actually strengthens my point. TMZ plastered that video everywhere with the headline “Kareem Hunt BRUTALIZES woman” and it completely drives a specific narrative. With no video that whole ordeal would have been a huge nothing.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:05 AM   #1262
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Don’t be obtuse. There were reports about stolen merchandise in the car, the way they left the scene was extremely suspect. I’m NOT saying there is more to this than we know already, but I’m not gonna sit here and act like I’m privy to all information, either.

It’s POSSIBLE what we saw in the short video is everything there is to the case….its also POSSIBLE (in a hypothetical worst case scenario) that they had just robbed somebody and maybe even hurt someone prior to racing off.

trash post
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:11 AM   #1263
Consuming CP souls

2 games tops if Goodell wasn't garbage
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #1264
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Doesn’t really matter. They say both cars were traveling at speeds in excess of 115 mph 5 seconds before the crash. Knox’s car was still traveling at 91 mph 1 second before impact.

You cant say "there is video!" and then when someone points out the video does not look bad at all say "That doesn't matter because it was reported they were going 115 at some point".

If the video makes it look like jack and shit, which it does, then the video does not make it worse. Both things cant be true at the same time.

The video isn't really damaging outside of them walking away. But that doesn't make the video super violent or dangerous looking.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:30 AM   #1265
MVP

But they were casually walking away, as if they robbed someone. And had drugs and weapons and stolen merchandise. You can tell, based on the "reports" from totally not biased Texans seeing black youths on a highway in fancy cars.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:39 AM   #1266
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The actions and outcomes don’t have to be comparable at all.

One is on video, the other wasn’t. That plays a huge role.

Instead of being a quick headline that people read about and move on from (the average person doesn’t click links and read stories, let’s be honest), the video gets plastered on every form of social media and gets seen by tens of millions.

I’m not acting like anything. You read my completely dispassionate, logical posts and put your own emotional spin on it.

I didn’t think the Kareem Hunt video was that bad, for the record. He kicked that girl like you’d kick your dog to get him off the couch.. but I think that actually strengthens my point. TMZ plastered that video everywhere with the headline “Kareem Hunt BRUTALIZES woman” and it completely drives a specific narrative. With no video that whole ordeal would have been a huge nothing.
This is so ****ing stupid, and typical of you.

The video had very little impact on anything. Of course a video of a man putting his hands on a woman is a game changer. It's juicy. A video of a car wreck that wasn't even deadly, and shows nobody getting hurt, isn't going to move the needle at all. To this day, I remember exactly what the Ray Rice and Hunt videos looked like. I can hardly even remember the Rice video already.

I cant even believe you're trying to make this reeruned ass argument.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:43 AM   #1267
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You cant say "there is video!" and then when someone points out the video does not look bad at all say "That doesn't matter because it was reported they were going 115 at some point".

If the video makes it look like jack and shit, which it does, then the video does not make it worse. Both things cant be true at the same time.

The video isn't really damaging outside of them walking away. But that doesn't make the video super violent or dangerous looking.
Well I actually disagree with the premise that it looked like a “slow motion spin out” or didn’t look bad. I was hoping that by posting info on the rates of speed you could see that it was that bad, despite the way you perceive it to be.

I think this is actually a big part of the reason car accidents are so dangerous. People are so flippant about getting inside a 3,000 pound box of metal traveling at insane speeds. They overestimate their own ability and underestimate the danger.

I don’t think I’m going to change your mind on the actual collision looking “bad” or not but we know Rashee was driving at speeds in excess of 115 mph on a major highway near rush hour, we have him on video drag racing up the median going, and causing a five or six car pileup spanning the entire four lanes. At one point two card ended up sideways, backwards.

A video is always going to get more play than an article. Blame our short attention spans or low literacy rates, but that’s just the way it is.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:46 AM   #1268
Consuming CP souls

On second thought he shouldn't even be suspended. Especially with no proof of anything at the moment of wrong doing
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:46 AM   #1269
In Search of a Life

When the videos of Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt were released, it changed EVERYTHING. It was so bad that it meant the teams had to move on after trying to get away with a slap on the wrist.

The Rashee Rice video changed absolutely nothing.

The reaction tells you everything you need to know about how bad the video is from an optics perspective. Everybody knew there was an accident/wreck. Seeing it doesn't really have an emotional impact. Seeing somebody commit domestic violence is the kind of breaking news video that makes thing significantly worse.

Video of Kamara and his possee beating the **** out of a guy didn't even move the needle much in terms of national outrage, but I'm supposed to believe a video of a car wreck did?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:47 AM   #1270
Consuming CP souls

Another Staylor going HAM on Virus thread again
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:48 AM   #1271
Consuming CP souls

Un biased opinion...0 games for Rashee based on the video
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:51 AM   #1272
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Un biased opinion...0 games for Rashee based on the video
Agreed, and suspend his driver's license for a year for his own sake.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:09 AM   #1273
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
2 games tops if Goodell wasn't garbage
Four games negotiated down to two is what I'm feeling.

IMO Goodell is afraid of looking like a pushover and setting a precedent, so there has to be something done in this situation to try to stave off other young players from being dumb down the road.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #1274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Another Staylor going HAM on Virus thread again
Dude's a ****ing masochist.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #1275
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Its crazy how those in sports media amped this up, which was done because the Chiefs being without a promising WR is great click bait.

I mean even Chiefs podcasters have speculated about 8 games. It's ridiculous. Are you going to suspend played who are driving under the influence of alcohol or pot because they "could" have killed somebody? To me that's what you have to look at here if you are the NFL. It's an auto accident. The guy that got hurt didn't want Rice to be charged with assault. Its one thing to make an example out of domestic abuse cases, if you choose to make an example out of Rice you better be willing to suspend anyone for 8 games with impaired driving.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.