Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:24 PM   #12661
Politically Incorrect

Cathy Wood's ARK is sinking...........

Jim Cramer called her out and said she was like a first time money manager and was doing nothing to protect the downside, blindly thinking she is smarter than the market.

Blowtorched her.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:25 PM   #12662
Politically Incorrect

She's down like 68% from the high
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #12663
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
QQQs getting pummeled again.....
It's not exactly the Q's but more than half the NASDAQ composite was down 50+% heading into the week. It's been brutal on a lot of those stocks for a while

I saw this weekend that generic bonds, if it held through end of quarter, would be off to the worst 1st Q in 40 years. It looks like Vanguard's BND is down 4% ytd. That doesn't even include the fact that the Real yield is crazy negative.

I feel bad for people retired or close, I have no idea what you'd do. We have multi-decade high inflation and I think cash would have been the best place to be so far this year.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:01 PM   #12664
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

Jim Cramer called her out and said she was like a first time money manager and was doing nothing to protect the downside, blindly thinking she is smarter than the market.

Blowtorched her.
That's almost a compliment coming from him, Cramer is a ****ing hack.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #12665
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

Jim Cramer

The actor?? Whose your financial advisor...Jerry Lewis?
ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:11 PM   #12666
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
The actor?? Whose your financial advisor...Jerry Lewis?
Sometimes I think so.....
Old 03-14-2022, 06:42 PM   #12667
Mod Team

I can’t imagine this is the bottom.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:42 AM   #12668
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
About to fund a significant CRUT, I know they say you can't time the market but damn if this doesn't feel like I'm about to feed the bears.
ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:42 AM   #12669
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I was watching a video yesterday that listed all the major "events" effect on the stock market and the "Bottom" occurred an average of 22 days after the beginning of the event. And recovery started, on average, 47 days after.

So, if Ukraine is the Event. We're entering 20 days now I believe.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:08 AM   #12670
Politically Incorrect

I'm going to take about 10-12K and start to nibble at small positions of good stocks that have been beaten down.

I need to run some screens...
Old 03-16-2022, 08:01 AM   #12671
Supporter

SPYs opened above the 20 day SMA. Could possibly be the first day where all the price action is above the average since early February.

That's the good news...

QQQs are up against the 20 day SMA and could turn back down.

That's the bad news.

A positive week of price action would go a long way to start taking the down trend out of this market.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:11 AM   #12672
Veteran

Interesting article- stock pickers consistently can’t beat the S&P.

louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:15 AM   #12673
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
Interesting article- stock pickers consistently can’t beat the S&P.
I've come to the conclusion that a big part of this is the massive tech stocks that are so heavily weighted. The only way to beat the S&P for the past several years is to overweight yourself in the FAANGs, which goes against the traditional strategy of diversification. You're either diversified and underperforming the index, or you're overweighted and hoping that none of those stocks melts down.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:36 PM   #12674
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've come to the conclusion that a big part of this is the massive tech stocks that are so heavily weighted. The only way to beat the S&P for the past several years is to overweight yourself in the FAANGs, which goes against the traditional strategy of diversification. You're either diversified and underperforming the index, or you're overweighted and hoping that none of those stocks melts down.
You can expect the FAANG stocks to do poorly this year simply because I'm loading heavy into AAPL and GOOGL now.

If and when AMC ever pops I'll dump that money into them also.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #12675
Supporter

1/4 point rate hike...Fed sees 6 more coming this year. Market had sold off but is trying to bounce back here.....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.