Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2020, 11:39 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****

Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #1246
Veteran

If the Chiefs are trying to reduce Sammy Watkins $21 M cap hit by renegotiating a new contract, why wouldn't they do the same thing with LDT and his $9 M cap hit? I'm not anxious to cut members of a Super Bowl winning offensive line. I'd rather try and reduce his cap hit first.

I'm not saying that LDT is a great guard and needs to be paid $9 M, but trying to keep him at less money seems to be the better plan.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #1247
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post
If the Chiefs are trying to reduce Sammy Watkins $21 M cap hit by renegotiating a new contract, why wouldn't they do the same thing with LDT and his $9 M cap hit? I'm not anxious to cut members of a Super Bowl winning offensive line. I'd rather try and reduce his cap hit first.

I'm not saying that LDT is a great guard and needs to be paid $9 M, but trying to keep him at less money seems to be the better plan.
Because we know the level in which Sammy is likely to play for the next few years. He's the perfect #2 WR in this system. LDT on the other hand is more difficult to forecast. He could improve, and if he does then riding out that contract isn't a bad option, but there is huge risk to committing more money to him at this point. See Tamba Hali contract.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #1248
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post

LDT isn't very good that's why.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #1249
In Search of a Life

LDT is probably the worse player on the O line tbh
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #1250
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
This says to me the Chiefs very much do not want to lose Sammy Watkins, there's no other reason to play it this way unless you think you can get something done with him.
They also need draft picks, so...
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #1251
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
LDT is probably the worse player on the O line tbh
He looks really thin to be a guard IMO.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #1252
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I was talking to a friend about a Watkins restructure this morning. I think it makes a lot of sense from Sammy's angle, considering the market for WR.

If you're Watkins and the Chiefs offer you:

3/$35 million

$14 million signing bonus
year 1: $4.5 million base ($9.25 cap hit - saves $12 million on current number, only $2.25 more than dead cap if cut)
Year 2: $6 million base ($10.67 cap hit)
Year 3: 10 million base ($14.67 cap hit; include $1-2 million as roster bonus)

That's a better deal than he'd get on the open market at the moment; it would guarantee him the salary he's due this year (I'm assuming that suggestion is legal under rules, but may be wrong) and also give him at least one more year. If the Chiefs walk on him after 2021, the dead cap number is small and manageable. And he hits FA again at age 29.

Seems like a win for both sides. I think it will get done.

Also puts less pressure on KC to take a WR early. Would make it easier to take someone like Antonio Gibson and let him develop for a year or 2 as a Watkins replacement.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #1253
I love your mom

Any chance LDT just retires to go back to medicine and how would that affect the cap.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #1254
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I was talking to a friend about a Watkins restructure this morning. I think it makes a lot of sense from Sammy's angle, considering the market for WR.

3/$35 million

year 1: $4.5 million base ($9.25 cap hit - saves $12 million on current number, only $2.25 more than dead cap if cut)

That's a better deal than he'd get on the open market at the moment; it would guarantee him the salary he's due this year (I'm assuming that suggestion is legal under rules, but may be wrong) and also give him at least one more year. If the Chiefs walk on him after 2021, the dead cap number is small and manageable. And he hits FA again at age 29.

Also puts less pressure on KC to take a WR early. Would make it easier to take someone like Antonio Gibson and let him develop for a year or 2 as a Watkins replacement.
Okay Brett
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #1255
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Okay Brett

Shhhhh. Don’t tell anyone.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #1256
SuperBowl or bust

The smart thing for Sammy and Chris would be to sign 3 year deals.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #1257
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

3/$35 million

Shouldn't there be an extra $7 Million attached to year 1 of the deal from his previous deal?
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #1258
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Shouldn't there be an extra $7 Million attached to year 1 of the deal from his previous deal?

I was converting it to a signing bonus. If that’s even legal.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #1259
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Any chance LDT just retires to go back to medicine and how would that affect the cap.
Any remaining bonus cap hit would be accelerated and they would be off the hook for his base.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #1260
In Search of a Life