Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #1216
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
PFF has the Browns graded out as the #1 O-Line in the NFL. I wouldn’t put too much stock in all of these ratings and rankings, but I find it interesting that anything about the Browns is unproven hype, and every question mark about the Chiefs is just national media disrespect and everyone else sleeping on what they’re doing….. and everyone else just didn’t pay attention.

Rating and ranking metrics or not, it just doesn’t have “blow out” writren all over it. I suspect a good game.
Just remember you're playing PMII and the Chiefs with Andy Reid. It's really not fair!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #1217
MVP

OBJ slipped on some banana tit peel, he'll be okay soon.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #1218
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I drafted CEH in the third. I also had the number 1 overall pick.

I grabbed Christian McCaffrey, Deandre Hopkins, and CEH to start my team. Very nice draft for me.
#1 pick and you didn't take Mahomes?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #1219
Veteran

Quote:
PFF has the Browns graded out as the #1 O-Line in the NFL. I wouldn’t put too much stock in all of these ratings and rankings, but I find it interesting that anything about the Browns is unproven hype, and every question mark about the Chiefs is just national media disrespect and everyone else sleeping on what they’re doing….. and everyone else just didn’t pay attention.

Rating and ranking metrics or not, it just doesn’t have “blow out” writren all over it. I suspect a good game.

Well, we're all really proud of your OL and their #1 PFF rating.

With that out of the way, I can't speak for anyone else on the "unproven" part of your Defense, but there is nothing in my post that remotely says anything about the Browns D anything.

Nor did I or have I said anything about a "blowout" in any capacity (for the Record I think the Chiefs win by 10, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a late score that makes the game look closer)

Here's what I did say (since you quoted me)
-Saints game last year - OL bad
-Super Bowl - OL worse
-We added two all pro caliber linemen + the rookies, all of which beat out veterans or incumbants
-new OL passed the first eye test in preseason (if you focused on the OL each game)
-at worst - better than SB lineup
-at best - one of, if not, the best OL in football

Where in the hell out of any of that did you get "blowout" or "national disrespect" or "Browns D is unproven"

Sorry to be snarky, but absolutely hate when people try to put words in my mouth that I never spoke.

If you want to be critical of me, go back and read what I think of Baker Mayfield....I wouldn't blame you for that....

P.S. welcome to the planet....you don't seem like an asshat troll like that EastDawg douchebag....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #1220
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post

With that out of the way, I can't speak for anyone else on the "unproven" part of your Defense, but there is nothing in my post that remotely says anything about the Browns D anything.

Nor did I or have I said anything about a "blowout" in any capacity (for the Record I think the Chiefs win by 10, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a late score that makes the game look closer)

-Super Bowl - OL worse
-We added two all pro caliber linemen + the rookies, all of which beat out veterans or incumbants
-new OL passed the first eye test in preseason (if you focused on the OL each game)

Where in the hell out of any of that did you get "blowout" or "national disrespect" or "Browns D is unproven"

Sorry to be snarky, but absolutely hate when people try to put words in my mouth that I never spoke.

If you want to be critical of me, go back and read what I think of Baker Mayfield....I wouldn't blame you for that....

P.S. welcome to the planet....you don't seem like an asshat troll like that EastDawg douchebag....

Nothing to add- just want to make sure everyone reads this beatdown.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #1221
Choco Favre

Arrowhead is going to explode tomorrow
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #1222
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post

-Super Bowl - OL worse
-new OL past the first eye test in preseason (if you focused on the OL each game)

I didn’t mention anything about the Browns defense at all, and was simply summarizing the BELIEF that the Chief’s O-Line, yes unproven, is automatically better, and that fact apparently isn’t up for debate.

Bottom line, is the Browns have question marks, yes. They have a lot of upside on paper, yes…. They have a quick score potential offense. Seems crazy to me that so many people on this board have looked past them already.

My hope for the Browns, is make the playoffs. Division winners, wild card, whatever……. Anything can happen in any given week, and I’ve certainly seen bigger upsets than Browns over Chiefs in a week 1 matchup, and I’m aware of the Browns’ dismal week 1 history (hell, we have records of ineptitude that get brought up almost weekly throughout the season) and part of changing a culture is breaking those records. A win vs Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh, a Playoff victory, a winning season….. all of those were “things they haven’t done in forever” until they did them.

KC is tough, and I still would put my money on them, although I may be inclined to take the Browns with the points, but either way, for those who can’t fathom any scenario where the Browns come out firing and take a victory, now would be the time to mortgage the house and put it on the line….. unless that’s crazy because you believe any given Sunday, anything can happen.
West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:58 PM   #1223
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post

Nothing to add- just want to make sure everyone reads this beatdown.

Beatdown? I say misunderstanding of quoting one person and referencing several other posts, but yeah, whatever you say….. he got me.

I will be back later Sunday to either congratulate you guys, or find out what impossible series of events occurred to have the Chiefs fall short.

Have a good weekend
West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.West < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #1224
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Just remember you're playing PMII and the Chiefs with Andy Reid. It's really not fair!
Would you be willing to wager on this game? Assuming it’s legal in your state etc… If such a sure thing, you wouldn’t have a problem making it interesting with me……. 5.5 points?

PM me if interested. BetUs let’s you go up to $2,500 and I have an account there, so that’s the wager if interested
Old 09-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #1225
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I didn’t mention anything about the Browns defense at all, and was simply summarizing the BELIEF that the Chief’s O-Line, yes unproven, is automatically better, and that fact apparently isn’t up for debate.

Bottom line, is the Browns have question marks, yes. They have a lot of upside on paper, yes…. They have a quick score potential offense. Seems crazy to me that so many people on this board have looked past them already.

My hope for the Browns, is make the playoffs. Division winners, wild card, whatever……. Anything can happen in any given week, and I’ve certainly seen bigger upsets than Browns over Chiefs in a week 1 matchup, and I’m aware of the Browns’ dismal week 1 history (hell, we have records of ineptitude that get brought up almost weekly throughout the season) and part of changing a culture is breaking those records. A win vs Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh, a Playoff victory, a winning season….. all of those were “things they haven’t done in forever” until they did them.

KC is tough, and I still would put my money on them, although I may be inclined to take the Browns with the points, but either way, for those who can’t fathom any scenario where the Browns come out firing and take a victory, now would be the time to mortgage the house and put it on the line….. unless that’s crazy because you believe any given Sunday, anything can happen.

I’ve done this earlier but don’t expect you to have found it. Let’s look at each OL spot from 2020 to 2021, and I think you can see why fans are optimistic.

LT - Eric Fisher vs Orlando Brown. Fisher had a strong 2020, but so did Brown, who posted similar pass block win rates and far superior run block win rates. Upgrade.

LG Nick Allegretti vs Joe Thuney. Thuney is an elite LG, right there with anyone not named Quentin Nelson. Allegretti was an OK-ish emergency starter who now is the Chiefs #3 C. Enormous upgrade.

C Austin Reiter vs Creed Humphrey. Reiter was beloved by PFF but is unsigned as a 29 year old FA. Humphrey commanded the job from day 1, beating out the guy the Chiefs chose over Reiter (Austin Blythe, who will be a reserve G/C now)

RG Austin Wylie vs. Trey Smith. Smith dominated competition in camp and won this job over Wylie (who remains on the roster as a reserve) as well as Laurent Duvarney-Tardiff, the incumbent.

RT Mike Remmers vs Lucas Niang. Niang won this job over Remmers, who now is the Chiefs backup tackle.

So when you look at it from that angle, you have three rookies, yea, but those guys all beat out at least one player who was a starter last year for the gig.

3/5 primary starters on the OL on the back half of the 2020 season remain on the team. They’re all depth pieces now. It’s pretty hard to see a scenario where this OL unit isn’t better, in light of that.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #1226
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I’ve done this earlier but don’t expect you to have found it. Let’s look at each OL spot from 2020 to 2021, and I think you can see why fans are optimistic.

LT - Eric Fisher vs Orlando Brown. Fisher had a strong 2020, but so did Brown, who posted similar pass block win rates and far superior run block win rates. Upgrade.

LG Nick Allegretti vs Joe Thuney. Thuney is an elite LG, right there with anyone not named Quentin Nelson. Allegretti was an OK-ish emergency starter who now is the Chiefs #3 C. Enormous upgrade.

C Austin Reiter vs Creed Humphrey. Reiter was beloved by PFF but is unsigned as a 29 year old FA. Humphrey commanded the job from day 1, beating out the guy the Chiefs chose over Reiter (Austin Blythe, who will be a reserve G/C now)

RG Austin Wylie vs. Trey Smith. Smith dominated competition in camp and won this job over Wylie (who remains on the roster as a reserve) as well as Laurent Duvarney-Tardiff, the incumbent.

RT Mike Remmers vs Lucas Niang. Niang won this job over Remmers, who now is the Chiefs backup tackle.

So when you look at it from that angle, you have three rookies, yea, but those guys all beat out at least one player who was a starter last year for the gig.

3/5 primary starters on the OL on the back half of the 2020 season remain on the team. They’re all depth pieces now. It’s pretty hard to see a scenario where this OL unit isn’t better, in light of that.

You have every reason to be optimistic……. doesn’t make anything a sure bet though. Look forward to the game. Should be a fun one
Old 09-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #1227
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I wonder if we will bang a gong with the new T-Rex Formation tomorrow ...

FAX
Get it on...

Kickoff can't come soon enough.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #1228
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
You have every reason to be optimistic……. doesn’t make anything a sure bet though. Look forward to the game. Should be a fun one
It will be over before halftime
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #1229
Veteran

Quote:

serious question: Did you watch the starting OL in the preseason games....I mean really watch them / study them?

I'm going to guess no...
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #1230
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Excellent post, might I add that last year's line also went 14-2 and won 2 playoff games before the SB debacle, where Fisher and Algretti didn't play, and Remmers moved out of position to cover for Fish

This line is going to be miles ahead of the above line that went 14-2 despite all their problems....
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote