Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #12091
Supporter

So, I don't know if this is a viable information but it appears to be at least reasonable. Although it is pretty slanted towards the reddit investor.

https://franknez.com/when-do-shorts-...positions-amc/

This pretty much says they don't have to cover their shorts...ever. And I don't know what is a valid borrowing rate, but I'd sit tight if money was costing my .6%.

RE: Bad earnings for Hedge funds. I don't know the accounting rules for professional traders. For personal traders, you don't realize gain/loss until you sell. I know there are different rules for professional traders, because you can only take 3000 loss and have to carry the rest.

I'm guessing there are some market to market adjustment rules to close the quarters. If that's the case, why are we just now hearing about it, not at the end of Q1 2021? That's when the major GME price spike was and their short positions would look REALLY ****ING BAD on a Balance Sheet.

If there is no market to market adjustment and they realize the gains when they cover the shorts, that would mean they've closed some of the shorts (or lost their ass somewhere else, but that's unlikely). If they've closed some of the short positions, then we haven't seen the price action that was expected from closing the short. Unless they only closed a few of many short positions, in which case they're ****ed right nice and would probably fold their tent and go home.

By the way, I googled Melvin Capital and Citadel's fiscal year ends and they're both 12/31. Accordingly, fiscal year earnings won't be disclosed until probably February, so any profitability numbers would come from quarterly releases, and again, why was Q1 2021 not the bombshell? That's when the giant price spikes were.

I don't know what's actually going on here, but there isn't a real clear picture on much.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #12092
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
You realize Debby Downer already has a job, right?
By all means, risk your money on the advice of an MBA student with zero actual experience in investing. Have fun.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #12093
I'll be back.

just look for the moon because that is where we are going
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #12094
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
just look for the moon because that is where we are going
Should have sold its peak the other day around $33. USE a stop loss!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:52 AM   #12095
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Should have sold its peak the other day around $33. USE a stop loss!
I'm holding for the big pop to $35.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:29 PM   #12096
Fish are scared of me

AAPL is just crushing! When it hits 182 they will be a 3 Trillion Market cap
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #12097
Mod Team

I picked up F through it’s breakout move today.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:20 AM   #12098
Supporter

Quote:
I picked up F through it’s breakout move today.
I'm not sure I could ever buy Ford. Just in principle.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:23 AM   #12099
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I owned one Ford and Ill never own another much less their stock

I'm all Dodge for life.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:42 AM   #12100
Mod Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I owned one Ford and Ill never own another much less their stock

I'm all Dodge for life.
Buehler, what trucks do you own?

I will trade any stock at any time.

Plus I really liked the Mustang I had.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:47 AM   #12101
Supporter

Quote:
Buehler, what trucks do you own?

I will trade any stock at any time.

Plus I really liked the Mustang I had.
GM. Only local dealer.

I know, thus the principle thing.

Have you checked to see if you’re gay?
Old 12-11-2021, 05:55 AM   #12102
Mod Team

Quote:
GM. Only local dealer.

I know, thus the principle thing.

Have you checked to see if you’re gay?
Mustangs are for gays? Never knew!

So maybe…..
Old 12-11-2021, 05:58 AM   #12103
Supporter

Quote:
Mustangs are for gays? Never knew!

So maybe…..
Can’t embed from my phone, but yeah. Make your own call.

https://youtu.be/Ru-P-VFDnKE
Old 12-11-2021, 06:12 AM   #12104
Mod Team

Quote:
Can’t embed from my phone, but yeah. Make your own call.

https://youtu.be/Ru-P-VFDnKE
Meh, these exist for all faster cars. Check out the numerous coffee and cars crash videos. Just hilarious how dumb some people are.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:31 AM   #12105
Supporter

Quote:
Meh, these exist for all faster cars. Check out the numerous coffee and cars crash videos. Just hilarious how dumb some people are.
I know. I just have to fling you shit.

BTW why are you awake? Aren’t you in pacific time?