Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2017, 02:23 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****

Back up in your ass with the resurrection. Follow the Cuonzo Martin era here.

Recruiting Commitments:

2017:
Michael Porter Jr., SF, *****, Gatorade National Player of the Year
CJ Roberts, PG, ****
Blake Harris, PG, ***/****
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C, ****
Kassius Robertson, Grad Transfer
Jontay Porter (possible re-classification from Class of '18), ****

Departures: No one that matters
Returning Players: No one that matters

Overall class ranking: #6 nationally.

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 05-25-2017 at 07:20 PM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #1186
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
That's a total "WTF" move. It's not like Michael Porter was coming back next year anyway, so as others have said, I don't think it's connected to Michael's health or Jontay's upside.

Teenagers are flaky. We need to recruit St. Louis even harder now.
They absolutely have to get Ramey at this point, IMO.

With the top 2 scorers gone and our only real shot at a 'lead guard' on the roster transferring out, there are huge holes in the backcourt that Cuonzo needs to fill.

I think it's obvious at this point that one will be a transfer but if they want to keep swimming in these 20 win waters, they'll need to get a 4-star freshman or two in here as well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
If he was actually great he would have easily beaten out Geist and Phillips. He's not a one and done type player. He's not a Trae Young or a Lonzo Ball
But here's the thing - Mizzou will NEVER win on the strength of one and done players. They can't draw the sheer number of them they'd need to draw for it to be a sustainable strategy.

Trae Young and/or Lonzo Ball aren't going to be the guys that take Mizzou to the Final 4 someday.

But a damn high potential 4-star guard with flaws in his game that will keep him in college for 3-4 years is extremely valuable because he can develop and learn in this system and with these teammate. Mizzou will have to win through coaching up good talent to make them great. And there's no real reason they can't do that, IMO.

Blake Harris is like JWIII - he's exactly the kind of player that Mizzou needs to have a handful of to act as staples of the program. Those are guys that will play several years here and at the tail of their careers they're helping the freshman while also being excellent players in their own right. That's how Mizzou needs to recruit and win.

So saying "he's not Trae Young" misses the point - of course he isn't. But in 3-4 years he could have a massive impact on the court, especially if surrounded by experienced teammates who went the same path. This is a tough loss.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #1188
MVP

It's too bad that CJ Roberts left already.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
It's too bad that CJ Roberts left already.
Perhaps, but from a raw talent standpoint I don't think he'd be that tough to replace, especially if Cuonzo can start to get guys around the state to buy in again.

I hated losing him from a 'story' standpoint as a kid that really wanted to be here and it just didn't work out. But from an ability standpoint, I think that scholly can be put to pretty similar use.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #1190
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don't think Harris was a pure PT issue.

Cuonzo Martin requires his guys to be hard-nosed and give max effort.

Those are not qualities i would use to describe Harris.

"Pretty" guards are going to have a tough time sticking in this program, IMO. Just something that comes with this coach.

Major blow to the team's upside... but I don't think it affects Porter's potential return at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The point guard we had under Zo, was a bulldog JUCO kid out of Philadelphia. Tough as nails, rebounded and defended. Hell of a player as well.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #1191
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Perhaps, but from a raw talent standpoint I don't think he'd be that tough to replace, especially if Cuonzo can start to get guys around the state to buy in again.

I hated losing him from a 'story' standpoint as a kid that really wanted to be here and it just didn't work out. But from an ability standpoint, I think that scholly can be put to pretty similar use.

The real shame is that they held the scholarship open for Roberts instead of processing him out and instead working on getting Charlie Moore to follow Martin to Columbia.

For what it's worth, they're apparently hard after JUCO PG Trent Williams (Gillette) who is a bouncy 6-3 PG with a nice 3-point shot.

They'll work the JUcO and transfer ranks for 2018-19. Need to get a longer term option in, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
The point guard we had under Zo, was a bulldog JUCO kid out of Philadelphia. Tough as nails, rebounded and defended. Hell of a player as well.
The problem is that your bulldog JUCO was probably about the same talent level as Jordan Geist.

Geist was great in JUCO and sounds a hell of a lot like your boy. Geist is tough as a boot, a willing defender and not scared to crash the boards, though he's not always great at it.

The problem is one of just raw skill and at the power 5 level, I think he's overmatched. I worry that we'll end up with a trend there of 'gritty' point-guards that aren't to the talent level of the top-tier squads in the conference.

Occasionally that kind of guy becomes a JT Tiller and you worship him, but only because Tiller was surrounded by solid scorers. If that's the kind of PG Cuonzo wants, he'd better have a bunch of guys that can also create because I think that kind of player is often dealing with a talent gap that he just can't overcome in power 5 conference play.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #1193
MVP

Best news I've ever heard.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #1194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
Best news I've ever heard.
Kill yourself
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #1195
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The problem is that your bulldog JUCO was probably about the same talent level as Jordan Geist.

Geist was great in JUCO and sounds a hell of a lot like your boy. Geist is tough as a boot, a willing defender and not scared to crash the boards, though he's not always great at it.

The problem is one of just raw skill and at the power 5 level, I think he's overmatched. I worry that we'll end up with a trend there of 'gritty' point-guards that aren't to the talent level of the top-tier squads in the conference.

Occasionally that kind of guy becomes a JT Tiller and you worship him, but only because Tiller was surrounded by solid scorers. If that's the kind of PG Cuonzo wants, he'd better have a bunch of guys that can also create because I think that kind of player is often dealing with a talent gap that he just can't overcome in power 5 conference play.
Take a look at see for yourself

I still think you will get Ramey and JUCO point so for the most point this moot.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #1196
Banned!

I think this stinks, due to him having the best athleticism at the position. It appears his attitude may have been an issue, though.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #1197
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Kill yourself
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #1198
Consuming CP souls

Soft pussy
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #1199
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Kill yourself
He's a beaker...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #1200
I’m a Mahomo!

Good first half so far.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.