Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

USA Today: Chiefs finish last in the AFC West

Hope this gets put on the locker room bulletin board. Reid plays the "no respect" card.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #106
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Boston sucks, that's why he's still out there.
He's not a perfect player but he doesn't suck, IMO.

He's Parker before Parker's wheels fell off. He has a skill that can help a lot of teams and he'll come cheap. He's a better player than a lot of guys that will make rosters this year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #107
In Search of a Life

We're at this point. It's time to get a few sweet little deals for good players.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #108
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's not a perfect player but he doesn't suck, IMO.

He's Parker before Parker's wheels fell off. He has a skill that can help a lot of teams and he'll come cheap. He's a better player than a lot of guys that will make rosters this year.
If you sign him and ask him to do what he's good at, he'll be good.

Like Belicheck does, someone could take him cheap and get a nice solid safety.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Why?

It's not year 1. It's year 2.

If he's that erratic and needs that much learning curve, man, that's not gonna be good.
There's no replacing game reps.

Look - when I've got whiskey dick and am kinda over the whole event, I picture Pat Mahomes to speed things along and get to sleep. But we have to be prepared for the fact that Mahomes is about to face an array of exotic shit that he's simply never seen before.

Raw talent will overcome some of it, but to understand how important innate feel for the game is, you have to watch old Chiefs tapes of Montana. Shit like the Monday Night Miracle game shows you what a big difference simply knowing what things look like will make.

There are gonna be times that Mahomes comes back to the sideline and has a 'Jesus, I did not see that coming' look on his face. Because of course there will be. If there weren't, then what the hell are coaches making $10 million/yr for? These guys eat, breathe and sleep football and some of the ones he'll be facing have done this for decades. They're clever as **** and they'll make him look really stupid sometimes.

{shrug}

He'll figure it out.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #110
In Search of a Life

Quote:
There's no replacing game reps.

Look - when I've got whiskey dick and am kinda over the whole event, I picture Pat Mahomes to speed things along and get to sleep. But we have to be prepared for the fact that Mahomes is about to face an array of exotic shit that he's simply never seen before.

Raw talent will overcome some of it, but to understand how important innate feel for the game is, you have to watch old Chiefs tapes of Montana. Shit like the Monday Night Miracle game shows you what a big difference simply knowing what things look like will make.

There are gonna be times that Mahomes comes back to the sideline and has a 'Jesus, I did not see that coming' look on his face. Because of course there will be. If there weren't, then what the hell are coaches making $10 million/yr for? These guys eat, breathe and sleep football and some of the ones he'll be facing have done this for decades. They're clever as **** and they'll make him look really stupid sometimes.

{shrug}

He'll figure it out.
Then what was the point of spending a year on the bench not getting those game reps?

Sure, live fire is the best way to learn. But that being the case, maybe that needed to happen already instead of wasting a year?
Old 07-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Then what was the point of spending a year on the bench not getting those game reps?

Sure, live fire is the best way to learn. But that being the case, maybe that needed to happen already instead of wasting a year?
Because the Chiefs started the season raping faces so they never faced a possible 'shit or get off the pot' moment...well, I don't agree with that - I think they did. But it's clear that Reid didn't.

When Smith seized the reins early in the season and looked outstanding, he locked up the job. You don't start the season with Mahomes under center because you know Smith is a credible starting QB and you have a chance to win the division. Once Smith started hot, you dance with who brung ya.

During that stretch where they lost 5 of 6 (IIRC), it became 'develop Mahomes' time and I'd have gone ahead and started him. But it never reached that point for Reid, clearly. And since he never switched to 'prepare for '18' mode, he never pulled the trigger.

If you could go back in time and tell Reid that the Chiefs were going 1 and done against a shitty Titans squad, I'm betting he starts Mahomes in/around week 10. But that wasn't the world he knew at the time so he didn't do it. We're starting a bit further back than we could've been, but it's not the end of the world...
Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #112
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Because the Chiefs started the season raping faces so they never faced a possible 'shit or get off the pot' moment...well, I don't agree with that - I think they did. But it's clear that Reid didn't.

When Smith seized the reins early in the season and looked outstanding, he locked up the job. You don't start the season with Mahomes under center because you know Smith is a credible starting QB and you have a chance to win the division. Once Smith started hot, you dance with who brung ya.

During that stretch where they lost 5 of 6 (IIRC), it became 'develop Mahomes' time and I'd have gone ahead and started him. But it never reached that point for Reid, clearly. And since he never switched to 'prepare for '18' mode, he never pulled the trigger.

If you could go back in time and tell Reid that the Chiefs were going 1 and done against a shitty Titans squad, I'm betting he starts Mahomes in/around week 10. But that wasn't the world he knew at the time so he didn't do it. We're starting a bit further back than we could've been, but it's not the end of the world...
He wanted to get max value for Smith. I get that and it worked out. But now we're down a year on Mahomes rookie deal and apparently are about to have year 2 be a rookie year. With that being the timeline, I'm guessing year 3 is the sophomore season and you hope year 4 he's off and ready to go.

That's a shit load of wasted cheap years but it is what it is I guess.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #113
King Shit of **** Mountain

It’s not like he’s never seen live action, and it appears he’s a dedicated film guy, so I’m pretty confident he will hit the ground running.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #114
In Search of a Life

Once they decided to bring Smith back after taking Mahomes, I think they had decided that come hell or highwater, Pat wasn't playing.

Looking back, I wish they'd have just gone ahead and tried to trade Smith after the draft, but that's hindsight.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #115

Quote:
He wanted to get max value for Smith. I get that and it worked out. But now we're down a year on Mahomes rookie deal and apparently are about to have year 2 be a rookie year. With that being the timeline, I'm guessing year 3 is the sophomore season and you hope year 4 he's off and ready to go.

That's a shit load of wasted cheap years but it is what it is I guess.
Nah, because season 2 won't be a rookie year either.

I don't really know what to call it. I don't think it will be that spectacular leap forward that we saw in Wentz's second season, but I don't think we're talking about Trubisky's uneven as hell rookie season either.

There's going to be some middle ground there that I think we can be happy with. Maybe think of it as similar to Smith's first season here - veteran QB in a new system. Some of what he knew/saw would translate, but not perfectly. He didn't come in here completely green and learning everything from the ground up, but he had a lot of learning left to do and a lot of things that needed to be figured out on the fly under Reid.

Granted, it's a reversed situation in that it's Mahomes second year in the system but first as a starter, but some of the same outcomes will arise. There are going to be things that he knows due to his year on the bench that will translate. There will be things that simply don't because that learning wasn't live-fire.

Hell, how about Trent Green's first year in KC? Dude learned a lot under Vermeil in STL but didn't quite have everything really dialed in, even as a veteran. I think a bad knee and worse line made things worse for him that first season, but even fully healthy with a solid line, he simply needed to get the feel back; see how things worked at speed even though he knew the system.

I think that's what we get from Mahomes - a good year but nothing near what he's capable of. Maybe 75-80% of Peak Pat...
Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #116
oxymoron

They picked the entire division between 7-9 and 10-6. That just means they don't have enough of a read to predict much of anything.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
This Chargers love is nothing new and predates the LA move by many years.
Posted via Mobile Device
They are the NCST of NFL predictions.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #118
Supporter

He’s going to light the ****ing league up. These media jerkoffs are going to be throat deep on Mahomes by week 8.

It won’t be because of lobbed prayer balls like Watson, either.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #119
Special Teams ACE!!!

Carson Wentz only played 1.5 seasons of college football as a starter. Yes, he started all 16 games in his rookie year, but how much of his development was the actual games?

Mahomes didn't get the starter's practice reps in his rookie year apart from Week 17, nor did he get the game experience, but he got all of the film study, scout team practice reps, and any other coaching benefits you could dream of for a backup.

Sit Jared Goff's ass on the bench his rookie year and compare him in this hypothetical to how he actually looked in his 2nd season when McVeigh came aboard. I would wager there's probably very little difference between what we saw and actually transpired. And the same goes for Carson Wentz. The only difference is that both QBs would have avoided some pretty shitty embarrassments that transpired when they were rookies.

Would Mahomes be further along had he started more games his rookie year? Probably. Is he going to be a hot mess in his 2nd year and look like a rookie QB?

I very much doubt it. If that season on the bench WEREN'T helpful, we wouldn't have seen so much improvement out of him from the preseason to the Week 17 game. And think about what the full offseason will do combined with getting a starting OL, real WRs and TEs, and an actual RB to hand off to instead of the starting FB. I'd say that probably balances out the surge in defensive talent that he will face.

There's very little reason to think he's not going to look good just because it's his first full year as an NFL starting QB.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #120
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Carson Wentz only played 1.5 seasons of college football as a starter. Yes, he started all 16 games in his rookie year, but how much of his development was the actual games?

Mahomes didn't get the starter's practice reps in his rookie year apart from Week 17, nor did he get the game experience, but he got all of the film study, scout team practice reps, and any other coaching benefits you could dream of for a backup.

Sit Jared Goff's ass on the bench his rookie year and compare him in this hypothetical to how he actually looked in his 2nd season when McVeigh came aboard. I would wager there's probably very little difference between what we saw and actually transpired. And the same goes for Carson Wentz. The only difference is that both QBs would have avoided some pretty shitty embarrassments that transpired when they were rookies.

Would Mahomes be further along had he started more games his rookie year? Probably. Is he going to be a hot mess in his 2nd year and look like a rookie QB?

I very much doubt it. If that season on the bench WEREN'T helpful, we wouldn't have seen so much improvement out of him from the preseason to the Week 17 game. And think about what the full offseason will do combined with getting a starting OL, real WRs and TEs, and an actual RB to hand off to instead of the starting FB. I'd say that probably balances out the surge in defensive talent that he will face.

There's very little reason to think he's not going to look good just because it's his first full year as an NFL starting QB.
all. Of. This.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.