Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM  
Pedantic

A Levelheaded Review week 1 2024

Worthy is gonna make this offense exciting again. The jet sweep really showed off his speed and the blown coverage was just beautiful to see.

Kingsley really held up well in his first start gave up a sack but overall was a good performance.

Pacheco has really upped his game - those jump cuts he uses now are just nasty.

J Taylor and his false start penalties again. Really hope he can get his early jumps worked out.

Chris Jones was feasting on a young inexperienced Ravens Oline.

The DB's didn't look as bad in this game as in the pre-season. The LB's (Bolton) were made to look silly a couple of times. I'd like to see some of the big gains cleaned up but I think a lot of that was all the time Lamar had in the pocket trying to contain him. Not super worried about it.

Connor had a couple of big hits and just missed getting an INT. I think his eyes got too big on that dropped INT and dropped an easy one.

Lamar was their whole offense and we still struggle to contain a super mobile QB - BUT I'll take making them into basically a one weapon team.

Hardman was a good choice as a PR/KR.

Juju was out there making some good blocks and almost had a TD.

Rice is gonna feast over the middle this year.

Starting the season 1-0 is great. Next week is going to be even better. I think this team is back to boat racing teams in scoring and turning them into a one dimensional offense trying to keep up.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #106
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Didn't Kelce also have a drop?
Also Pacheco and Perine. We shot ourselves in the foot several times last night and still overcame them for the win.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #107
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
I'm not very concerned about the DL right now. I'd expect the edges to improve. Wharton looks to have made some strides. They were having some success with rushing just 3-4 at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Feel much better about the DBs than the DL. The pass rush was Jones and...that was it. Yes Lamar is slippery as all hell, but the rest of the DL was very average. They'll improve but it's the one obvious area the team needs more.
It's interesting how we come away with different takes on things. I thought Karlaftis was killing their right tackle the entire game, and Wharton was playing great. The inside beefy guys were doing their job to stuff the runs, and I saw Felix more than I would expect given his limited snap count.

Lamar Jackson is perhaps the toughest guy in the league for a defensive line given how quickly he'll bail out of a play to run. I thought the DL played very well in a tough assignment.

Chris Jones was dominant early, but I was annoyed to see him resting on the sideline during the critical final drive by the other team. That's something that Hall of Fame voters will bring up. Nonetheless, he's a cornerstone on the defense.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 PM   #108
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
It's interesting how we come away with different takes on things. I thought Karlaftis was killing their right tackle the entire game, and Wharton was playing great. The inside beefy guys were doing their job to stuff the runs, and I saw Felix more than I would expect given his limited snap count.

Lamar Jackson is perhaps the toughest guy in the league for a defensive line given how quickly he'll bail out of a play to run. I thought the DL played very well in a tough assignment.

Chris Jones was dominant early, but I was annoyed to see him resting on the sideline during the critical final drive by the other team. That's something that Hall of Fame voters will bring up. Nonetheless, he's a cornerstone on the defense.
Jones was on the sideline in OT in the SB just completely gassed, and Reid told him we needed just a little more. So he went in and busted up a play that held SF to a FG. That was his last snap of the season, and he made it count.

I don't think HOF voters will hold any of that against him.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #109
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The Positives:
1. Our defense is very fast
2. Our offense looks MUCH better than last year when we won another Super Bowl
3. Rice, Pacheco, Worthy, Jones, Karlaftis, Chenal, Nnadi all played great.
4. Spags game plan was fantastic
5. Defense held Henry to under 50 yards
6. Only 1 defensive holding
7. We have an excellent punter and a great kicker.
8. Steele is real deal.
9. Our center snaps were much better
10. WE WON

The Negatives:
1. Andy got too conservative at end of game and SHOULD have cost us game but it didn't
2. Kelce 1 great play but a drive killing penalty, drive killing drop
3. Jawan Taylor false started 4-5 times and luckily only got called twice but Jesus Christ dude, WTF???
4. Our OLine is wobbly and not great
5. Bolton's WORST game as a pro and he brought back some scary memories of bad LBs of the past. He was lost, out of place, 5 yards behind most plays and may be a bad sign for the future.
6. We got lucky. Baltimore was Raider-like with all the mistakes and misses. Penalties, missed wide open receiver for TD, missed FG, fumble, turnover on downs with a horrible play call, and lastly a WR with a size 14 shoe who needed a size 12.
7. Our defense had nothing left. They spent the second half watching Jackson run all over. Our containment was horrible.
8. Kelce and Mahomes were just OK

Overall we had a lot more positives than negatives. Mahomes did have to scramble a little too much.

It was an exciting first game and we will get better, much better.
I forgot about Araiza. Chiefs aren’t gonna get lots of three and outs so we gotta be better on the short ones. Too many touchbacks that looked like they lacked touch. He will clean that up but last night wasn’t particularly good. On the bright side is he holding for butker? I was nervous about changing holders but everything looked clean
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #110
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
Also, I don’t know if anyone paid attention in the KO’s with how well disciplined this team is…the Chiefs even on a Touchback most of the guys would sprint to the goal line anyway. None of the Ravens players did that.
That seems like pointlessly wasted energy to me and not a positive.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #111
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

Sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet and can't shake it or watch objectively from that point. Possible I was having one of those days where the DL was just not meeting my lofty standards!
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #112
Veteran

I'm livid about the late hit out of bounds on Mahomes by #0, the reincarnation of Vontaze Burfict. He initiated contact 11 yards out of bounds and finished the hit by bouncing Mahomes head off the ground about 15 yards out of bounds. Is Mahomes going to play week 2? He got up concussed like Tua. His eyes were glazed over and he was wobbling all over. It was deemed a clean, perfectly legal hit.

Is Mahomes in concussion protocol? I think he should be.

I'm furious about this. This might be my last year following this crooked sport.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #113
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Solid first game. Special attention for Kingsley, Rice and Worthy. Great game for those guys. Defense played pretty damned well. I think we're ahead of the curve right now.
Don't sleep on Chanel, dude was beasting.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:37 PM   #114
Starter

One thing that got a little lost about last night is that Harbaugh's decision to go for it on 4th on the Ravens' 2nd to last drive might have cost them the game. Instead of kicking the FG, they get the 1st down, run a few more plays and...kick the FG. The time that ticked off the clock may have given the Ravens all the time they needed on the last drive to punch it in. Not sure what the analytics say about that decision, but it sure worked out for the Chiefs.
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #115
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Jones was on the sideline in OT in the SB just completely gassed, and Reid told him we needed just a little more. So he went in and busted up a play that held SF to a FG. That was his last snap of the season, and he made it count.

I don't think HOF voters will hold any of that against him.
I hope not. I'm already envisioning Derrick Nnadi's presentation speech for him.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.