Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-15-2024, 07:15 PM  
Forever Royal

Are we worried about our offense?

Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #106
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
No targets to Gray or Wiley yesterday.

This offense used to be so good at getting multiple TE's involved and now they have the depth to do that again... hopefully that will emerge over the course of this season.
Wiley caught a pass yesterday.

Kelce is the real head scratcher right now.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #107
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The Chiefs offense is one of the few functioning offenses in the league that's watchable. Outside of a few, it's a terrible unentertaining endeavor.
The Saints offense is humming.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #108
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
It blows my mind how we can see numerous times how dangerous Rice is on quick slants and then the next game we don't run one at all. Or if they're playing cover two the whole game, we don't have a play or two of just worthy running down the seam and throwing up a deep ball to him.

There's a lot of things scheme wise and play calling wise that should be easily fixable and would make the offense better but honestly I don't know if we'll see them. Reid and Nagy are so set in their ways and have had so much success with them, I don't think they're going to change unless something is completely broken.
Lou literally had the safeties deep after the Rice TD and had his LB’s in coverage.

The entire gameplan was to force us to run the ball and literally not care if we do.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM   #109
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
The Saints offense is humming.
I was reading some stuff about them today. They've only thrown like 8 true drop back passes this year, everything is PAP , screens and the run game.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #110
Andy Reid Supporter

Every time it was 2nd/3rd and 5+ this is what Lou did. 3 rushers and drop 8. It’s why Andy ran so much.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #111
Spiraling down the Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?

Relax.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #112
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
No targets to Gray or Wiley yesterday.

This offense used to be so good at getting multiple TE's involved and now they have the depth to do that again... hopefully that will emerge over the course of this season.
It was infuriating watching the Bengals utilize Gisecki and All Jr in the middle of the field while we barely even tried.

Andy has to utilize 12-13 personnel way more to beat teams in the middle of the field. TE’s are a tough matchup for any defender.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #113
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Every time it was 2nd/3rd and 5+ this is what Lou did. 3 rushers and drop 8. It’s why Andy ran so much.

Remember the 2021 AFCCG? This was the same general look, rush 3, drop 8. Lou knows we won't run it on 3rd and long.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #114
In Search of a Life

Same as last year but....it's the turnovers. You can't turn it over. It disrupts everything they had going.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #115
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I think we will be a bit better because Rice is better than he was last season, but we ultimately won’t be much different than last season. And with the defense being worst, which I think most expected given how dominant they were last season, I don’t think just being a bit better than last season will ultimately be enough. We were really counting on being a more dynamic, explosive offense that attacked all levels and areas of the field consistently to offset the defense but with LT being a concern and Brown out, we are essentially forced to return to last season’s style of not really being able to dictate much on offense.

The only real change at skill positions that could occur is Worthy taking a huge step. Outside of that I don’t see where they can substantially improve over last season. Last season it basically never got better with yards or points, we just stopped letting bad players completely ruin things. Obviously with Mahomes he can make anything work but that doesn’t mean the offense doesn’t warrant concern.
I don't really agree that this looks like last season. The Chiefs only had 4 20+ yard touchdowns in 2023, they have 3 in 2 games to start 2024.

I agree its weird the middle of the field was not really attacked against the Bengals. I will be interested to see the all 22 analysis at some point this week to determine if this was bad/weird play calling or if its how the Bengals defended them that made this happen.

The Bengals were weak at DT and bad against the run, and Andy actually attacked that and stuck with it - I am fine with this even if its not going to lead to tons of explosives.

I think JJS being back, Perine being the 3rd down back and Worthy replacing MVS is all incremental improvement from last year, to the point they will be noticeably improved as an offense overall.

It's very early in the season, and also a weird start going against teams that were expected to be strong. I would have preferred the Chiefs exploding out of the gate and blowing the doors off every game, but I don't see this offense as heading for failure based on the small sample size we currently have.

There's actually stuff I am excited about seeing more of, like this Leo package.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM   #116
In Search of a Life

When the Chiefs offense has been at it's best with Pat and Andy....it's coming into new stuff. 2018...2022....

Offense has been fine. Stop turning the ball over and you're fine. Protect the QB better.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #117
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Remember the 2021 AFCCG? This was the same general look, rush 3, drop 8. Lou knows we won't run it on 3rd and long.
Not even 3rd and long, he knows Andy wont stick with it for long.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM   #118
MVP

Here's my ONLY concern... With M. Brown out, I expect to see more X Worthy targets, and with Pachecco out, I now expect to see X Worthy get more runs and screen passes... That's exciting and all, but IF Worthy were to go down too that would NOT be fun and I worry he's injury prone with that frame. Hope he balls out with additional opportunities, and I'll add that I'm pretty sure we're about to see what Perine has to offer in this next game.

In short, not concerned, we're winning, as long as we're good for the playoffs...but if 1 more key offensive player gets injured then I'll start to worry.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #119
Veteran

Just four quarterbacks have an average target depth under 6 yards this season (PFF):

Malik Willis (5.6)
Gardner Minshew (5.6)
Jayden Daniels (5.2)
Patrick Mahomes (5.1)
Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #120
Veteran

I just dont get it. Strongest arm and craziest arm talent in the league and just like last year, dead last in ADOT. Nothing but 5 yard passes and screens. 2 high yes, but it seems like alot of QBs are dealing with that, and yet Pat is still dead last again.

Concerning.
Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.Priest31kc would the whole thing.