Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 10:26 AM  
Most Valuable Villain

Von Miller traded to the Rams

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:41 PM   #106
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
I expect Teddy to be traded back to NOLA.
He's having a career year. No way DEN trades him.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #107
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
He's having a career year. No way DEN trades him.
His numbers are slightly up from last season, with the biggest difference being TDs.

His Yards Per Attempt and Completion % are comparable to last year. He'll end up throwing around the same number of INTs.

Teddy's nothing but a placeholder and JAG. Might as well tank with Lock to get a higher pick.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #108
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
I expect Teddy to be traded back to NOLA.
That would be a very clear sign of Denver actively tanking. Already with Miller, I don't know if people realize that Denver has already lost ALL of its starting linebackers, and then they trade away their best linebacker. Not exactly a sign of team trying to compete. But they got enough draft capital for it to make sense.

But as for Bridgewater, he did just play a pretty decent game, which Denver won, albeit that it was not an inspiring win. The difference, I think, is what would you get for Bridgewater at this point? A 5th? It might be a bit too obvious to trade your starting QB, after a win, where he played decently, for late-round pick.
manchambo has disabled reputation
Old 11-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #109
Now it's Willie Time!

How do you stop Von Miller? Evidently you just need to hire Vic Fangio.
RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #110
Now it's Willie Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
That would be a very clear sign of Denver actively tanking. Already with Miller, I don't know if people realize that Denver has already lost ALL of its starting linebackers, and then they trade away their best linebacker. Not exactly a sign of team trying to compete. But they got enough draft capital for it to make sense.

But as for Bridgewater, he did just play a pretty decent game, which Denver won, albeit that it was not an inspiring win. The difference, I think, is what would you get for Bridgewater at this point? A 5th? It might be a bit too obvious to trade your starting QB, after a win, where he played decently, for late-round pick.
I’m more inclined to think Shurmur’s dogshit play calling and piss poor preparation have more to do with the offense struggling than steady teddy two gloves. Shurmur is out coached week after week.
RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaiderH8r is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Not exactly a sign of team trying to compete.
It's a strange move considering they are still in play for a WC position...If they were 2-6, it would make more sense.

At least they finally being honest about their future....must not have much faith in this 2021 roster.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:01 PM   #112
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
How do you stop Von Miller? Evidently you just need to hire Vic Fangio.
That raises an interesting issue: Fangio cannot be happy about this trade. Paton just put the final nail in the coffin to cripple Fangio's defense, which already has been decimated with linebacker injuries. It seems like Fangio's departure is all but certain.

If Paton trades Bridgewater, that would make it even more clear. Fangio has been oddly stubborn in sticking with Bridgewater this season, when Bridgewater had a concussion, then injured his leg, and Fangio put him on field clearly hobbled and out of sorts. Presumably Fangio is sticking with a veteran to try to save his job.

Not that any reasonable people think Lock would be some kind of miracle at this point, but all available comparisons have suggested that Bridgewater and Lock are basically 50/50.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #113
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I’m more inclined to think Shurmur’s dogshit play calling and piss poor preparation have more to do with the offense struggling than steady teddy two gloves. Shurmur is out coached week after week.
To be sure. I have seen Denver fans lamenting not trading for Stafford--and he may have been a bit better. But it seems to me that the biggest difference is that the Rams have an offensive genius coaching and Denver has--whatever the opposite of genius is. I think most people would take Denver's receiving talent over the Rams'--and I think a decent coach could get quite a bit more out of it, with Bridgewater, Stafford, or another functional QB.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:09 PM   #114
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
To be sure. I have seen Denver fans lamenting not trading for Stafford--and he may have been a bit better. But it seems to me that the biggest difference is that the Rams have an offensive genius coaching and Denver has--whatever the opposite of genius is. I think most people would take Denver's receiving talent over the Rams'--and I think a decent coach could get quite a bit more out of it, with Bridgewater, Stafford, or another functional QB.
I don't know who calls the plays, but that last series of plays against the Generics were the worst football IQ plays I've ever seen. There were 37 seconds left and they ran up the middle and fumbled, passed incomplete, then ran wide and fumbled. Obviously the fumbles weren't part of the play call, but dang - run backwards for a few yards and then fall down if you don't think kneeling will burn off enough time. I despise the broncos and even I was yelling at the screen. You don't want innocent children seeing playcalling like that.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #115
Veteran

I hate to admit it but the broncos made a great deal.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:12 PM   #116
Going home eventually

Quote:
That raises an interesting issue: Fangio cannot be happy about this trade. Paton just put the final nail in the coffin to cripple Fangio's defense, which already has been decimated with linebacker injuries. It seems like Fangio's departure is all but certain.

If Paton trades Bridgewater, that would make it even more clear. Fangio has been oddly stubborn in sticking with Bridgewater this season, when Bridgewater had a concussion, then injured his leg, and Fangio put him on field clearly hobbled and out of sorts. Presumably Fangio is sticking with a veteran to try to save his job.

Not that any reasonable people think Lock would be some kind of miracle at this point, but all available comparisons have suggested that Bridgewater and Lock are basically 50/50.
Vic is out. That decision has clearly been made.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #117
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Nope. Donald is.
I think he means over the span of the decade...he's probably right.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #118
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Rams are gonna be sick as **** on defense with this addition. Even if it's short term, they are doing all they can to get back to and win the SB. Will it cost them down the road? Sure...but if they win the SB it's worth it. Go big or go home...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #119
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I don't know who calls the plays, but that last series of plays against the Generics were the worst football IQ plays I've ever seen. There were 37 seconds left and they ran up the middle and fumbled, passed incomplete, then ran wide and fumbled. Obviously the fumbles weren't part of the play call, but dang - run backwards for a few yards and then fall down if you don't think kneeling will burn off enough time. I despise the broncos and even I was yelling at the screen. You don't want innocent children seeing playcalling like that.
I don't think that running plays vs. kneeling was completely crazy--the ball was pretty close to the goal line and you don't want to punt from the endzone.

And it seems to me you ought to be able to rely on two of your most solid veterans to (1) slide on the bootleg play, as Bridgwater damn well knew he should do, and (2) protect the ball on any rush, as Gordon damn well knows.

On the other hand, as a coach, after watching two absolute disasters on 1st and 2nd down, maybe it ought to occur to you to cut your losses and kneel on 3rd down. For whatever reason, the offensive players had lost their minds, and it was completely clear on the first two plays. It is a poor reflection on the coaches that it happened to begin with, but poorer still for them not to recognize and stop it.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #120
Kind of a mod

Not surprised he's gone, but it's always kind of amazing how cheap teams can grab potentially game-changing (albeit declining) talent. Chances are the Rams will be picking late in the draft, so this is for a LATE 2nd and LATE 3rd. That's...not much.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.