Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2023, 06:40 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

***NFL Cuts Thread***

Post cuts for all other teams. Should be some interesting ones.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:06 PM   #106
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
What does Williams do better than Pat? That's what I'm trying to understand.
Nothing.

But any team in football would give up 5 years worth of 1sts for a guy who proves to be Patrick Mahomes. That's the point.

What Williams presents is someone who does a lot of the same things as Mahomes. Appears very savvy, very fluid in his mechanics, mobile, strong-armed.

When people see Williams they see the next closest thing to Mahomes that has come through the draft in awhile. Teams aren't tanking for Williams because he's a better prospect than Mahomes - they're tanking for Williams because they live in a Post-Mahomes world.

And again - they're not really tanking much anyway. The Cardinals suck.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:07 PM   #107
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I wasn't aware of how old Williams was for his class, but he's still a legitimate stud talent.

The real thing that might decide who is better between him and Drake Maye (who is also an incredibly well-regarded QB prospect who would have gone #1 unless something weird came up in the draft run-up) is where they land.

When you look at what the Commanders, Falcons, and Cardinals have on offense, it sounds crazy, but Washington might actually be set up well for a young QB to succeed quickly.

Terry McLaurin is a legit WR1. Jahan Dotson is a really nice, rising WR2. Both are better than any WR on the Cardinals offense.

The Falcons have Robinson and London and Pitts (if he can be salvaged), which isn't as good as the Commanders to me, but still better than the Cardinals.
Agreed with the Commanders being a good spot, but I definitely disagree about it being better than the Falcons. I'll take the Falcons weapons.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #108
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Nothing.

But any team in football would give up 5 years worth of 1sts for a guy who proves to be Patrick Mahomes. That's the point.

What Williams presents is someone who does a lot of the same things as Mahomes. Appears very savvy, very fluid in his mechanics, mobile, strong-armed.

When people see Williams they see the next closest thing to Mahomes that has come through the draft in awhile. Teams aren't tanking for Williams because he's a better prospect than Mahomes - they're tanking for Williams because they live in a Post-Mahomes world.

And again - they're not really tanking much anyway. The Cardinals suck.
That makes sense. It just seems odd that Pat's skill-set wasn't valued more in 2017.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I wasn't aware of how old Williams was for his class, but he's still a legitimate stud talent.

The real thing that might decide who is better between him and Drake Maye (who is also an incredibly well-regarded QB prospect who would have gone #1 unless something weird came up in the draft run-up) is where they land.

When you look at what the Commanders, Falcons, and Cardinals have on offense, it sounds crazy, but Washington might actually be set up well for a young QB to succeed quickly.

Terry McLaurin is a legit WR1. Jahan Dotson is a really nice, rising WR2. Both are better than any WR on the Cardinals offense.

The Falcons have Robinson and London and Pitts (if he can be salvaged), which isn't as good as the Commanders to me, but still better than the Cardinals.
Man - I just don't see the Falcons in that group.

They're more likely to win the South than end up with the worst record in the NFL.

I'm really curios to see what Ridder can do. He's smarth, he's athletic. He has NFL arm strength if not exactly elite. Can get a little wonky with his accuracy at times so he's not a superstar, but I think he can be a credible NFL starter.

With those weapons around him, why can't that team win 8-10 games?

I just don't see them in the same tier as the true dregs of the NFL at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:10 PM   #110
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
That makes sense. It just seems odd that Pat's skill-set wasn't valued more in 2017.
Things change....some guys literally were born at the wrong time so they got hosed.

Blaine Gabbert would have probably been an entrenched long term NFL starter had he been born 25 years earlier.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:10 PM   #111
In Search of a Life

Quote:

They're more likely to win the South than end up with the worst record in the NFL.

I'm really curios to see what Ridder can do. He's smarth, he's athletic. He has NFL arm strength if not exactly elite. Can get a little wonky with his accuracy at times so he's not a superstar, but I think he can be a credible NFL starter.

If Ridder is even slightly below average, they probably aren't.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:12 PM   #112
It was not a fair catch

The Vikings made an initial wave of roster cuts on Monday morning ahead of Tuesday's deadline for all teams to set initial 53-man rosters.

The team parted ways with 15 players, including quarterback Jordan Ta'amu, who was signed last week as an emergency option with both Kirk Cousins and Nick Mullens sitting out the preseason finale against the Cardinals. The Vikings also waived nose tackle Calvin Avery; cornerbacks Jameson Houston, C.J. Coldon Jr. and Kalon Barnes; receiver Garett Maag; linebacker Wilson Huber; running back Abram Smith; tight end Colin Thompson; offensive tackles Christian DiLauro and Jarrid Williams; and center Josh Sokol.

Cornerback Tay Gowan, who was held out of Saturday's game against Arizona, was waived with an injury designation. Two veteran players with at least four accrued NFL seasons — safety Jake Gervase and linebacker Tanner Vallejo — were released and do not have to be exposed to waivers.

An additional 22 moves must be made before 3 p.m. on Tuesday. The Vikings began Sunday night by agreeing to trade second-year offensive tackle Vederian Lowe to the Patriots for a 2024 sixth-round draft pick.

Last edited by displacedinMN; 08-28-2023 at 02:20 PM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:16 PM   #113
21st Century Schizoid Fan

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:22 PM   #114
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Yeah, I agree with that. The division helps. Ridder is like a younger, unspoiled-by-failure version of Tannehill for me. Arthur Smith has done things with that level QB before.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:09 PM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
And they'd still have Hollywood Brown who would be a really good WR2 if he could finally get some good QB play (poor guy). He'd compliment Harrison Jr. perfectly.
stop calling him Hollywood. At best, he's reseda.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Maybe they'll start Clayton Tune.
Clayton Tune sounds like a specific guitar tuning to play bluegrass
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:19 PM   #117
Supporter

Quote:
So I'm a little curious - and I haven't looked into this at all - a LOT of the hype around him comes from him being precocious, right; excellent beyond his years after excelling at OU and USC as a true freshman then sophomore respectively.

So...why did he play his true freshman season at 20 years old? He's going to turn 22 this November so it's not like he's going to come out super young. He'll actually enter the draft a full year older than Mahomes was when he entered.

Can some of the hype be a little unfounded? I mean if you're talking about a 20 yr old freshman, that's a fair sight different than one that's 18 or 19, no?

I dunno - just something I noticed.
Here's a hot take for you.

I'm out on Caleb Williams. I saw some interview with him, halftime or something, and someone asked him something about Mahomes, and he said (I think this is verbatum) "there really isn't anything he can do that I can't, so yeah."

A spoonful of humility does a career good, bud.

Then I watched the second half and he sure he threw some good balls off platform, he threw some good balls. He also threw some balls away pretty early. He also eliminated half the field really early in a lot of snaps.

We'll see, and I'm the only guy on the ****ing planet out on the dude - and I'm certainly open to being wrong. Stay with me here, in my mind what makes Mahomes the best is the grind. He is supremely talented, sure, but there have been talented dudes that could do some amazing shit. But transferring those skills to production is where Mahomes shines.

My opinion is that teams now need to watch out for dudes trying to do Mahomes stuff, rather that being able to do Mahomes stuff and playing football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
I haven't followed him at all, but I always thought Keke Coutee had juice enough to stick coming out of Tech. He was always the go to option in college, and I thought he was pretty solid. Eating the L on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
stop calling him Hollywood. At best, he's reseda.
I laughed unreasonably hard at that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:46 PM   #118
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
BREAKING: Clyde Edwards Helaire TRADED to Houston for a LITERAL Ham Sammich
Can someone please explain the hate for this post?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:56 PM   #119
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
Can someone please explain the hate for this post?
Because people get their hopes up at the beginning and then they read the end of the sentence.

It's not nuthooks level, but people don't like having their hopes shit on like that.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:06 PM   #120
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Because people get their hopes up at the beginning and then they read the end of the sentence.

It's not nuthooks level, but people don't like having their hopes shit on like that.
Agreed. I read it again just now and thought we somehow got a 7th or something.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.