Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 08:30 AM  

Jordan Love holding out

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #106
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Heck, maybe GB should threaten to trade him. Look at that list of teams that could be in the market. Is he really going to want to end up in the AFC-E/AFC-N/AFC-W? In the AFC at all, for that matter with Mahomes reigning supreme for likely the next ten years and probably more?

Meanwhile, I doubt ARI will be in the market after forking over the dumbass contract they just gave Kyler.

WAS probably won't be asking anytime soon, and even if they do, they're in the NFC-E with PHI and DAL.

DET just paid Goff $50M so they're out.

About the only teams that might be worth it to Love would be what, the Titans or the Bucs if Levis and Baker don't work out by 2025?

I mean, if he wants the $$$ that badly, maybe trade him for a shit-ton of picks/players and let him go try to be successful with one of those teams. Good luck to ya, pal.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:10 PM   #107
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'd also feel pretty confident paying him because he's one of the only elite talents at the position in the NFC.

He was 'elite' for his last 8 games. The previous 19 games he was on the verge of being a bust, or so I was told repeatedly.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:11 PM   #108
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Anyone with eyes could see he was an ascending player. One of the best QB’s in the league last year and a historic playoff debut.

They’re going to pay him
His playoff win was pretty solid but if you go back and look at their schedule, who they played, who they beat, its pretty damn meh.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:12 PM   #109
Consuming CP souls

Flash in the pan
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:13 PM   #110
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
He was 'elite' for his last 8 games. The previous 19 games he was on the verge of being a bust, or so I was told repeatedly.
Yea his "elite" play is still a very small sample size. He may be a stud in the end and I think he could be but its a hell of a gamble to pay him now.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:13 PM   #111
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
His playoff win was pretty solid but if you go back and look at their schedule, who they played, who they beat, its pretty damn meh.
But that's the NFC, and I don't see any reason to think it's going to change in the near future.

He's already one of the best in the conference.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #112
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I'm just talking from a talent/traits perspective. I'm not at all saying he's there yet, but he certainly flashed just that last year.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #113
Diablo Negro

Quote:
But that's the NFC, and I don't see any reason to think it's going to change in the near future.

He's already one of the best in the conference.
Theoretically sure. But top 5 in a shit conference doesn't mean you deserve top 5 overall $$$$.

I get why he is trying to get $ now but I also get why GB wants to be smart about it.
Old Today, 06:18 PM   #114
In Search of a Life

Just look at the landscape of the NFC long term.

The 49ers have a small window, as do the Eagles. Stafford will be retiring soon. The Lions aren't going to sustain their success beyond a couple more years with a guy like Goff at QB.

The Bears are the only team other than the Packers that are set up to have a 5-6 year window with some potentially great QB play. I just don't see any reason not to roll the dice on the guy.
Old Today, 06:19 PM   #115
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Theoretically sure. But top 5 in a shit conference doesn't mean you deserve top 5 overall $$$$.

I get why he is trying to get $ now but I also get why GB wants to be smart about it.
But he was legitimately good, and he beat us with our defense albeit with a little bit of luck, and he did it in the playoffs. The only issue is the sample size. He has the talent and the tools though, so it's worth the gamble.
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #116
Diablo Negro

Quote:
But he was legitimately good, and he beat us with our defense albeit with a little bit of luck, and he did it in the playoffs. The only issue is the sample size. He has the talent and the tools though, so it's worth the gamble.

The Chiefs beat the Chiefs for the most part. That game was epic failure but kudos for the win.

GB also lost to the Falcons, Raiders, Steelers, & Giants.

Yes Love has shown major potential I am just not sure I give him huge $ yet. He could be Deshaun Watson.
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #117
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Yea his "elite" play is still a very small sample size. He may be a stud in the end and I think he could be but its a hell of a gamble to pay him now.
And the alternative is? Trading him? C’mon man
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:28 PM   #118
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
And the alternative is? Trading him? C’mon man
No the alternative is making him play on his contract this year. No idea why you think its pay him or trade him. He doesn't have any leverage.

How big a contract on the open market would Love get right now today? It aint $50MM a year.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:36 PM   #119
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Just look at the landscape of the NFC long term.

The 49ers have a small window, as do the Eagles. Stafford will be retiring soon. The Lions aren't going to sustain their success beyond a couple more years with a guy like Goff at QB.

The Bears are the only team other than the Packers that are set up to have a 5-6 year window with some potentially great QB play. I just don't see any reason not to roll the dice on the guy.

$50M/yr is a pretty expensive roll of the dice on 8 games is all I'm saying. I mean, I get why they would pay him that kind of $$$. Just saying I wouldn't.
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #120
MVP

Last edited by TomBarndtsTwin; Today at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Nevermind. Wrong thread
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.