Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #11851
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Awesome

Costco, Ralphs, Target and all other grocery stores/markets have long lines and short supplies. I can't order toilet paper or food from Costco.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, Walmart.com nor are any of the locals delivering food. I've been out to 9 stores in the past week and it's been difficult to get everything we need. Fortunately, I had 72 rolls of TP from Costco in my garage, as I like to keep some inventory in case I can't get out for whatever reason, so we're okay for a bit (FYI, I do all of the shopping and always have. It's kind of my thing).

Once the Stay At Home order was issued last week, people ignored it and hit all of the parks, beaches and trails en masse. As of Monday, the mayor closed down all of the above so I'm not seeing anyone on my street because Lake Hollywood is closed, which is a massive bummer for me because I walk and run up there 5 days a week on average.

Our city is on Lockdown for at least more 60 days and the mayor said to expect it be "much longer". The governor has already negotiated with the banks and lenders to allow people to miss their next three loan and mortgage payments without any reporting to credit agencies.

My wife and I have been splitting time with our 2nd grader, who is still doing all of her homework assignments and some Zoom time with her teacher, while my 6th grader has been attending class online from 8am-3pm each day. We even had our Parent-Teacher conferences this morning over Zoom and my youngest is using FaceTime each day at 12:30 and 7:00 pm to chat with her squad of six girls.

All in all, we're fine but I'd by lying if I didn't state that while 30 days is "okay", 60-90 more days makes me a bit squeamish, mainly because of my children.
Let me know if you need any meat. We just had a cow and a pig butchered and i've got 2 freezers full.

Shit i'll get some dry ice and ship you some stuff if you need any.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM   #11852
In Search of a Life

If you guys have an hour to kill, here's a really good interview.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #11853
El Diablo

Deaths are growing world wide per day.. daily deaths are already at yesterdays final numbers based on worldmeters: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #11854
"Think BOOM!"

Just passed Italy. But Italy's case growth seems to dropping off a little.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #11855
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Just passed Italy. But Italy's case growth seems to dropping off a little.
But Bahrain is still looking good....
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #11856
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Let me know if you need any meat. We just had a cow and a pig butchered and i've got 2 freezers full.

Shit i'll get some dry ice and ship you some stuff if you need any.
Dr. O, you are way too kind. Thank you very much for the offer!

Fortunately, another long time Chiefsplanet member and friend tipped me off to an incredible deal on seafood and meat, which I was able to pickup on Tuesday afternoon so now, my freezer and mini-fridge are packed to the gills.

There are some really amazing people that post on CP and I think that gets lost at times when bickering over silly matters, myself included (although I've been working much harder to refrain from doing so).

Thanks again, Brother and be well!
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #11857
pie is never free

Sheeesh, Dane... having lived there a short time I can only imagine what a shitshow it is

God bless you and yours, you know how this place can rally around it’s own... so hit us up if we can help
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #11858
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Dr. O, you are way too kind. Thank you very much for the offer!

Fortunately, another long time Chiefsplanet member and friend tipped me off to an incredible deal on seafood and meat, which I was able to pickup on Tuesday afternoon so now, my freezer and mini-fridge are packed to the gills.

There are some really amazing people that post on CP and I think that gets lost at times when bickering over silly matters, myself included (although I've been working much harder to refrain from doing so).

Thanks again, Brother and be well!
No problem. Just let me know if shit gets weird out there and i'll get you whatever.

Yeah, it's a good place we've got going here. Hope everyone stays safe.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #11859
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I just filled my truck up for $33. $1.49 a gal.
I just had off road diesel delivered to my house for $1.20
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #11860
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

When the Apocalypse hits, people with smokers are gonna last a LOT longer than those without.

Can't find toilet paper or chicken nuggets, but I found 4 slabs of spare ribs for $28 bucks and 2 whole turkey breasts. Plenty more if I wanted 'em but it seemed greedy at that point.

Wish I could've found some damn pork steaks, though. Grilling season is inbound and I have all of 4 of 'em in my freezer. If I could so much as find a pork butt I'd slice 'em myself but haven't stumbled on one of those just yet.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #11861
El Gato Gordo Loco

We did it!!!! USA has overtaken Italy for the most Coronavirus cases pushing the Americans into the #2 spot. They are minutes away from overtaking prohibitive favorite & hated rival China for the #1 spot.

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!

BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #11862
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Knew you'd be happy Willie
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #11863
In Search of a Life

Feeling pretty good today.

Finally found the food supplies I was in dire need of. Having a nice afternoon out with the wife and kid and while no employer will probably hire me till the stay at home is over, so far I've had a bunch of interest from companies for jobs.

Fortunate enough to have some money socked away to be able to keep on keeping on till the order expires.

Thanks to BRC for keeping me in the loop for any possibilities and everyone keep safe.

Spoiler!
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #11864
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
When the Apocalypse hits, people with smokers are gonna last a LOT longer than those without.

Can't find toilet paper or chicken nuggets, but I found 4 slabs of spare ribs for $28 bucks and 2 whole turkey breasts. Plenty more if I wanted 'em but it seemed greedy at that point.

Wish I could've found some damn pork steaks, though. Grilling season is inbound and I have all of 4 of 'em in my freezer. If I could so much as find a pork butt I'd slice 'em myself but haven't stumbled on one of those just yet.
I've got a shit load of pork steaks, I can ship to you if you don't have any luck finding them.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #11865
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Some people can develop bacterial infections secondary to getting a virus causing URTI, maybe they are doing well with this treatment since sounds like HCQ does better with the Z-pac, or there could be a thousand other reasons , if that combo of drugs had zero side effects it might be different.
I think the z pack is a protein synthesis inhibitor,but that mostly works on bacteria. I haven't heard of it inhibiting rhinovirus or coronas, and I don't see how it could. As you said, it probably just prevents secondary bacterial infection. The hydrochloroqine allows zinc to enter the cell and inhibit RNA replicase, stopping the virus proliferation. The zinc/chloro combo is the key, not the zpac
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.