Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #1171
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
Whit may be good, but man this team sucks.
Agreed
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #1172
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Burch Smith ****ing sucks
He has no future with this team. Time to GTFO
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #1173

The Braves are having a magical season. Seems like every single day they're getting a walk off hit. Today it's Charlie Culbertson with his 2nd walk off homer in a week.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #1174

That's pretty nasty. Treinen throwing 99 mph with a ton of movement.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #1175
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

The a’s are set up nicely to have a good 4-5 year run. ChApman, Olson, Barrett, Fowler, Krhis Davis, Semien are a pretty good offensive core. Manaea, Montana, plenty of good arms.

Re: drafting pitchers, I think they generally have done better at maxing out stuff vs developing pitchers. Good for developing bullpen pieces, not as good for developing starters.

If they go pitcher, I’d prefer a college arm. I’m really high on Gilbert - probably my favorite college arm other than Mize - but doubt they go there.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The a’s are set up nicely to have a good 4-5 year run. ChApman, Olson, Barrett, Fowler, Krhis Davis, Semien are a pretty good offensive core. Manaea, Montana, plenty of good arms.

Re: drafting pitchers, I think they generally have done better at maxing out stuff vs developing pitchers. Good for developing bullpen pieces, not as good for developing starters.

If they go pitcher, I’d prefer a college arm. I’m really high on Gilbert - probably my favorite college arm other than Mize - but doubt they go there.
Looking forward to you breaking down picks since I'll have no clue
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #1177
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

Why are they so bad at developing pitchers? I realize that it's hard for any team, but we seem exceptionally bad. Hell, the best pitcher we've developed in a long time is probably Junis, and even he is probably no better than a 3 on a good team.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #1178
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:

FWIW — I live in DeLand and attend Stetson games, and have seen Gilbert pitch. Last year, his sophomore year, I saw him pitch one of the best games I’ve ever seen, at any level, in one of the best games I’ve ever seen in my life.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #1179
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Why are they so bad at developing pitchers? I realize that it's hard for any team, but we seem exceptionally bad. Hell, the best pitcher we've developed in a long time is probably Junis, and even he is probably no better than a 3 on a good team.

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:31 PM   #1180
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

I do think they have improved over the past few years. First half of Moore’s tenure, IMO, they were too rigid in what they were trying to develop (not letting guys throw sliders even if it was their primary pitch, being very old school).

But the old-school approach they took has led to them drafting a lot of projectable arms that they can then develop and max-out as throwers, but with less emphasis on pitchability.

I don’t think they’ve been exceptionally bad - guys like Junis and Duffy and Ventura are nice products.

All indications I’ve received is that they’ve become more flexible over the past 3-4 years (Junis took off when they ditched the previous philosophy and stopped trying to turn him into a FB-curve-changeup guy). That’s a positive trend on the development side.

On the drafting side, I think they need to bet a little less on projectable Hs arms. Those are the biggest boom-bust product in the draft.

Note: I don’t consider Greyson Rodriguez or Kumar Rocker projectability guys. They’re both very advanced physically for HS guys,
Just need the polish.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #1181
Inmem 2.0

They absolutely need to draft some arms. They dont have any.

It would take an impressive haul to trade Soler.

I'm sorry but if they get a decent offer for Salvy it needs to be made.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #1182

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...s-rangers.html

Boston’s among the teams keeping an eye on*Royals*closer*Kelvin Herrera, according to*Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. If acquired, the 28-year-old would return to a setup role with the*Red Sox, thanks to the presence of closer*Craig Kimbrel, and would further bolster a late-game mix that also includes*Joe Kelly*and*Matt Barnes. Herrera, who’s in his last year of team control and making $7.94MM, has allowed just two earned runs and hasn’t issued a walk in 22 2/3 innings this season.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #1183
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
FWIW — I live in DeLand and attend Stetson games, and have seen Gilbert pitch. Last year, his sophomore year, I saw him pitch one of the best games I’ve ever seen, at any level, in one of the best games I’ve ever seen in my life.
His stuff backed up a little bit early in the college season, which is why he's likely to be available. He was good in the Cape league last summer and likely still working through the start of his throwing program.

I think he's the best selection for them at 18 but don't expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...s-rangers.html

Boston’s among the teams keeping an eye on*Royals*closer*Kelvin Herrera, according to*Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. If acquired, the 28-year-old would return to a setup role with the*Red Sox, thanks to the presence of closer*Craig Kimbrel, and would further bolster a late-game mix that also includes*Joe Kelly*and*Matt Barnes. Herrera, who’s in his last year of team control and making $7.94MM, has allowed just two earned runs and hasn’t issued a walk in 22 2/3 innings this season.
That's a good team to work with. Dombrowski isn't afraid to move quality prospects for difference makers, even difference makers on 1-year deals.

The headliners of the Boston system entering 2018 - LHP Jay Groome and 3B Michael Chavis - have both seen their stock take major hits. Groome had TJ and is out until mid-2019. Chavis got busted for steroids and is just now getting ready to return from suspension.

I like Chavis a ton, but I'm not sure the Royals would still be interested at this point (They're weird like that).
Old 06-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #1184
Black Bob's daddy

Know nothing about the players available, but Bubba Starling has ruined athletic multi-sport players for me. I'd be fine with staying away from Jordyn Adams.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #1185
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Know nothing about the players available, but Bubba Starling has ruined athletic multi-sport players for me. I'd be fine with staying away from Jordyn Adams.
I have this sinking feeling that's what they're going to do, if he's available.

They have the bonus pool to get Adams out of his football commitment, and he's the type of dynamic, huge upside athlete they drool over in the middle of the diamond.