Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #1171
Chiefs

I don’t get why some are mad at the Jack trade you got a kid now rank number 9 in prospect in your farm system. Seems like a fair trade to me
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #1172
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
I don’t get why some are mad at the Jack trade you got a kid now rank number 9 in prospect in your farm system. Seems like a fair trade to me
Our farm is shattered ass. The Rangers gave up their 13th ranked prospect and he slotted in as our 4th ranked.

That number 9 prospect isn't in the top 300 on any lists that go that far. He's a non-factor.

The draft pick and simply retaining Flaherty as a bullet shield to protect the rookie eligibility of our young SPs would have more value to us than trading Flaherty for a poo poo platter of AAAA guys.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:52 AM   #1173
The Insider

Quote:
Remember when your bitch ass ran away after the Royals swept your ass
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:53 AM   #1174
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Probably a combination of over valuing what Flaherty was worth and the Cardinals not packaging him with someone to get a better return.

They took quantity over quality and got back 3 players that project to have the ceiling of a 26th man.

Should have packaged him with one of those surplus OFers the Cardinals have and gotten a somewhat interesting prospect in return.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #1175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Remember when your bitch ass ran away after the Royals swept your ass
Ah shit, I forgot he was an Orioles fan.

Downvote it is...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:58 AM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Probably a combination of over valuing what Flaherty was worth and the Cardinals not packaging him with someone to get a better return.

They took quantity over quality and got back 3 players that project to have the ceiling of a 26th man.

Should have packaged him with one of those surplus OFers the Cardinals have and gotten a somewhat interesting prospect in return.
The silver lining in all this is that the Cubs dog-walking us convinced them to add instead of trade Stroman or Bellinger who could've netted them a HELL of a return.

That said, when Morel is on one of his hot streaks, that lineup is suddenly pretty feisty from top to bottom. Madrigal getting significant PT is odd, but at least he doesn't take anything off the table (he's pretty much Prieto's best case scenario outcome and that's 'meh' on a good day).
Old 08-02-2023, 10:02 AM   #1177
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The silver lining in all this is that the Cubs dog-walking us convinced them to add instead of trade Stroman or Bellinger who could've netted them a HELL of a return.

That said, when Morel is on one of his hot streaks, that lineup is suddenly pretty feisty from top to bottom. Madrigal getting significant PT is odd, but at least he doesn't take anything off the table (he's pretty much Prieto's best case scenario outcome and that's 'meh' on a good day).
Ya I'm not at all thrilled with what the Cubs did at the deadline.

I was having conversations about thinking outside the box and trading someone like Nico Hoerner to the Dodgers for a pretty serious return. That opens up Morel at 2B and injects a serious power bat into the lineup and giving him his best defensive position. That was never going to happen.

Instead we limp our way to the finish line by trading nothing much to cry about for Candelario and immediately diminish his value by moving him from 3rd to 1st so we can play Nick Madrigal at 3B.

Cubs fans are generally thrilled with this shit, but its nothing more than a continued half ass approach to everything Jed Hoyer has done since Theo Epstein took his umbrella and left. I think Hoyer is a ****ing terrible PoBO for a large market. His approach is more suitable for a team like the Pirates.

We didn't sell or really buy, but we are going for it in 2023 with this roster. What is the ****ing point? To cross your fingers and hope for another 2020 finish? Hey look we won a terrible division and got swept in the playoffs! Woohoo! Now we have to replace Bellinger, Stroman, Candelario, and probably Hendricks. Completely worth not trading Stroman in that market.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:12 AM   #1178
MVP

I am sure that deep down we all knew that this was how it would end up. Mo threw darts at a board and came away with trades that made all our trade partners better and made no discernable difference for the Cardinals.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #1179
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I am sure that deep down we all knew that this was how it would end up. Mo threw darts at a board and came away with trades that made all our trade partners better and made no discernable difference for the Cardinals.
the damage was limited. None of the players traded would be a part of the Cardinals org in 6 weeks.

Mo starts trading Walker/Winn/Gorman etc. He could have ****ed us worse. Anyone trust Mo on trades?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:31 AM   #1180
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
the damage was limited. None of the players traded would be a part of the Cardinals org in 6 weeks.

Mo starts trading Walker/Winn/Gorman etc. He could have ****ed us worse. Anyone trust Mo on trades?
I don't, which is why I wanted him to keep the two biggest pieces we traded away and give them QOs instead. That way, Flores could potentially acquire someone of value.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:52 AM   #1181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I don't, which is why I wanted him to keep the two biggest pieces we traded away and give them QOs instead. That way, Flores could potentially acquire someone of value.
I think we probably could have done more good with the draft picks honestly. However, with the group of middling pitchers they drafted this year I'm not so sure about that either. I'm not certain any of those guys make an impact on the big club in the next 4-5 seasons.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #1182

Quote:
I think we probably could have done more good with the draft picks honestly. However, with the group of middling pitchers they drafted this year I'm not so sure about that either. I'm not certain any of those guys make an impact on the big club in the next 4-5 seasons.
Yeah, some shine has worn off Flores as well, IMO.

I mean its obviously too soon to close any books on the 2021 draft (or even really start writing them), but we took another pitchability college righty who was supposed to move fast to the majors. Turns out that guy was Gavin Williams and we just missed. Or maybe it was Andrew Abbot. Bryce Miller or Tanner Bibee. It hasn't been Mike McGreevy, that much is known.

I mean, if you're gonna go floor over ceiling, shouldn't your guy get there with some level of haste? Instead he's been jumped by our 5th round pick that year, Gordon Graceffo.

But you may say "yeah, well we took McGreevy so we could afford Josh Baez..." which is an okay argument but James Wood went 5 picks after Baez and could likely be dealt straight across for Dylan Cease right now. Neither of those guys are holding pace with their peers even among prospect rankings.

Now the 2020 draft was a monster - Walker, Winn, Hence, Burleson have all been exceptional picks. So definite feather in his cap there.

19? Thopmson, Fletcher, Locey, Pallante, Thomas; 18 was Gorman and scraps and EVERYONE said Gorman was an easy pick there. He was a no-brainer. I'm not sure we even sent anyone to the 2017 draft - it's that bad. '16 was another solid one even with a miss in the first (Delvin Perez). Carlson, Hudson, Gallen, Edman, Knizner - that works. But we had 3 1st round picks that year so we had a TON of capital we were able to leverage and to have 3 firsts and from that pool net Carlson and Hudson is...iffy. Is Carlson a solid 1st rounder? Disappointing development or not, he's been better than most. But then again we passed on Pete Aloso, Bo Bichette and Bryan Reynolds for him. So....it wasn't THAT good. Sean Murphy evidently cost too much to trade for but we could've drafted him instead of Connor Thomas that year. Or Civale, Luzardo, Dustin May.

Now none of that is to say I think Flores is actively bad at his job. I just think he's ordinary. So I'm not gonna presume he's going to work miracles anymore because as often as not he just hasn't.

I was always torn on 'fire Mozeliak' because that'll take Flores down with him. I'm really not anymore. If you can't find a scouting director who will give you returns roughly on par with what Flores has done, you're doing it wrong. He's been...average.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:50 PM   #1183
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
This is a very fair point as well. Like DJ said, the farm system wouldn't be as barren if Flores was tremendous at his job. He's better at his job than Mo is at his, but that's damning with faint praise.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:39 PM   #1184
Diablo Negro

This gonna trigger somebody.

Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:40 PM   #1185

Yeah - Lars is legit. Brandon Nimmo made bank to be a lesser player than Lars. If Moe is gonna hand out one of those 6 year PR extensions next spring, Lars is the only guy on the squad worth giving one to.