Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Ah it wouldn't hurt, but it really doesn't matter on modern engines.

Dyno time is pretty cheap just to see what you make. If it breaks, it was a POS to begin with and dont say shit about the dyno and just take it to the dealer LOL
Right now 485hp is good enough for me. Not worried about another 10-15 hp.

I've been told to get the catch can installed asap. People have said they have already has 2 oz of oil in their cans.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #1172
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Not sure. People have told me to wait to at least 2-3000 miles to get it good and broken in before spending the money on a Dyno. BS or not?

Plus I have no one recommend me one yet. Pinging MIAdragon?
Just quick and dirty math, say you drive that beast at an average of 40mph and average only 1500rpm (right?!), you're talking 2.25 million revolutions in the first 1000 miles.

So yeah, I don't see the point in doing 2 or 3 times that, and also don't see how it's good to relatively baby it for 2 million revs and then start beating on it. If whatever needs to be done isn't done after a couple million laps, I'm thinking it's not going to get done.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #1173
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Color yourself surprised.
That sucks, sorry man.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #1174
Banned

Quote:

I've been told to get the catch can installed asap. People have said they have already has 2 oz of oil in their cans.
Yes. A catch can will save you pain-in-the-ass cleaning later. If that motor has EGR (exhaust gas recycling) and you can block it without a CEL (check engine light) then do that shit too.

I have a pain-in-ass media blasting on my head job in my future because I failed to get an egr delete kit installed.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #1175
Veteran

Quote:

The catch can is a simple add on and it works. A lot of gear heads claim immediate benefits as well as long term. You will start collecting the oil/oil vapor immediately that would normally be going into your intake. Another option I found is using ACES IV fuel stabilizer. Once I started using that (for other reasons) the gunk buildup in my catch can decreased.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150322_185027854_HDR.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	110101   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150322_184754987_HDR.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	110102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150419_172020205_HDR.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	110103  
NWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #1176

What do you guys think of the badging? Looks busy to me. Might take off the Scat Pack badge. Kind of looks busy to me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	badges.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	110156  
Old 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #1177
Mod Team

Quote:
What do you guys think of the badging? Looks busy to me. Might take off the Scat Pack badge. Kind of looks busy to me.
I personally like both but that's just me. I'm not sure if the real car guys around here like badges, but **** them anyway!

I have a Hurst Equipped badge on my car that recently fell off due to the heat here. I am sure someone on the freeway loved that flying off at them!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #1178
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Never been a badge kinda guy. I completely de-badged my Firebird.

IMO, take off the Shaker Badge. The other badge fits nicely and go with the color scheme.

I'd caution against getting carried away with small interior/exterior addons. They build up and start to look tacky. It's not a good look for muscle cars imo. Leave that shit for the Hondas.

IMO, the car looks good as it is. I wouldn't add any badges or decals or anything like that. I can tell you have the "itch", but be careful. Also, a nice set of rims and some suspension to alter the stance go a long, long way in both personalizing it and making it look bad ass.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

IMO, take off the Shaker Badge. The other badge fits nicely and go with the color scheme.

I'd caution against getting carried away with small interior/exterior addons. They build up and start to look tacky. It's not a good look for muscle cars imo. Leave that shit for the Hondas.

IMO, the car looks good as it is. I wouldn't add any badges or decals or anything like that. I can tell you have the "itch", but be careful. Also, a nice set of rims and some suspension to alter the stance go a long, long way in both personalizing it and making it look bad ass.
I'm getting the head rests done like the ones below. I took then off today to ship them to the embroidery place. Looks weird. Beyond that, thats it for the interior.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no headrests.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	110161  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #1180
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

agreed
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #1181
Shit

Quote:
I'm getting the head rests done like the ones below. I took then off today to ship them to the embroidery place. Looks weird. Beyond that, thats it for the interior.
Edit:
I'm glad it's your car.

That's the beauty of cars you do what you like, who cares what anyone thinks.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #1182
Damnit Peg

Quote:
I love the badging. Leave those on there.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Edit:
I'm glad it's your car.

That's the beauty of cars you do what you like, who cares what anyone thinks.
Yeah, I'll put a bunch of miles on this car so if these limited production Scat Pack Shaker's do end up worth $100K in 20 years, it won't be my car. That said I am keeping it close to how it rolled off the production line because I'm already pretty damn happy with the car as is.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #1184
Mod Team

Since we are showing ass in here, here's mine with the Hurst Equipped badge a few days before it fell off. Kind of shiny so not super clear in the picture. I think the badge is small but noticeable enough and I like it. It seems the Hurst shifter setup is not as common as someone like me would think it would be on muscle cars. When many people see the car, one of their first comments is about the Hurst shifter. Just had a guy at work spend $45k on a 2014 SRT Challenger (1200 miles) and it doesn't have the Hurst shifter and he said that's the first thing he is going to add to the car. He thought it was awesome my Mustang had one.

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #1185
Veteran

this thread makes me miss my 400whp sti
i do like those new challengers. maybe time to go domestic
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli