Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #1156
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
ok act like the chiefs did anything until Mahomes ..... the chiefs were basically the browns until mahomes.
The Chiefs have been to 4 superbowls and won 2 of them. Remind me again how many the Cleveland steamers have been to/won.

The two are nothing like each other
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #1157
Veteran

Quote:
ok act like the chiefs did anything until Mahomes ..... the chiefs were basically the browns until mahomes.
There is no team quite like the factory of sadness, dude. You guys were in a league of your own.

Only recently have you guys finally crawled out of the dumpster to win one playoff game. (which was gift wrapped for you, btw)

They're not even close.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #1158
MVP

This thread ****ing sucks.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #1159
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
By “a Mahomes” I mean an elite QB.

By “a Mayfield” I mean an average QB.
Looking back I see why Baker was the pick. I’d want us to take the high ceiling Josh Allen/Patrick Mahomes prospect though.

There’s a lot more “good” QB’s today compared to 10 years ago. But there is still a huge shortage of special QB’s
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #1160
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
This thread ****ing sucks.
Yep,

People just keep feeding the troll (same repetitive argument over and over and over) and not actually talking about the game in other aspects.

I suggested separate threads for the trolling opposing fans every week and then the regular CP members.
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #1161
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
not really its just what happened. both teams went to 2 championships in the 60's and won 1. the chiefs went to 1 afc championship game until 2018 the browns have been to 5 afc championship games.

both teams are back on track now so game on.
Based on the last 3 years it’s same old Clowns. 1 trip to the playoffs, one playoff win. You can take it back 3 years, or 10 years it’s still the same. KC last 3 years host 3 AFCCG, 2 SB trips, 1 SB win. Yeah KC is back on track, Clowns are back to normal. Aside from those differences, it’s maybe a somewhat similar comparison??
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #1162
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrwheader View Post
Yep,

People just keep feeding the troll (same repetitive argument over and over and over) and not actually talking about the game in other aspects.

I suggested separate threads for the trolling opposing fans every week and then the regular CP members.
Page after ****ing page. Jesus guys i know its been a long offseason but hes obviously dense or a troll.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #1163
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
why would ron kopp assume LJ will work in the slot against landry?
Why would you not assume Sneed would work the slot against Landry?

1) Sneed has been the Chiefs slot corner when they go to nickel looks
2) Landry works out of the slot when the Browns go to 11 personnel

Seems pretty likely unless the Chiefs are sandbagging with Sneed's role.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #1164
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Re: The Game. Some keys bouncing around in my head:

1) Handle the "Games" the Browns throw at the OL. The Chiefs OL IS inexperienced. The Browns are certain to throw stunts and twists at it to try and take advantage of the lack of familiarity and inexperience of Humphrey-Smith-Niang.

I am not CONCERNED about the Chiefs being unable to handle them - I don't think Reid/Heck would be going with all the young guys unless they thought they could handle these type of things ($500M investment to protect, after all). I can't see this scenario as a "Take our lumps now for upside later" effect. They also handled those things well in the preseason. Thuney is a genius, so I expect him to elevate Brown and Humphrey in that regard. Key handoff will be Smith/Niang.

2. Should new diversity in the offense The Chiefs displayed a short passing game at times in 2020 to great success (see the Bills games). They need to continue to show evolutions on O and add more tricks to the bag. I think the improved TE room, year 2 for Edwards-Helaire, and the improved OL will make all of those things possible.

3. Does the new-look DL stand up? The DL unit KC seems most likely to show on most downs on Sunday is Danna/Nnadi/Reed/Jones, with Clark on a snap count and Saunders and Wharton as the other key depth (and, I guess, Alex Okafor). Nnadi/Reed are a strong run-defending duo, and Reed can also collapse the pocket. They're facing a dynamic and powerful OL and great backs. This unit needs to play to its potential quickly and reduce the impact of the Browns' biggest strength.

4. Thornhill and Hughes: Can they stay healthy and play up to their potential? These guys fall into similar buckets... lots of talent, flashed success early in careers, have seen their impacts reduced since returning. If Thornhill can get back to being the explosive, every-down defender who also plays a great deep safety when called upon, and Hughes continues to use his quickness and twitchiness to mirror receivers well, the upside for the D shoots way, way up.

[B] Overall: Chiefs win 38-28
With Mathieu uncertain (now looking unlikely), Clark limited, and Gay out, the Chiefs D is down some key parts. I expect the game to be closer than I did a week ago, but Chiefs still light up the scoreboard and pull off the win.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #1165
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Looking back I see why Baker was the pick. I’d want us to take the high ceiling Josh Allen/Patrick Mahomes prospect though.

There’s a lot more “good” QB’s today compared to 10 years ago. But there is still a huge shortage of special QB’s
yea its not an exact science how many guys with high sealing with great traits have busted out.

they are high risk high reward. the browns couldn't have had another bust at QB so i understand.

at this point browns fans love baker just like Buffalo or Baltimore wouldn't trade their Qb for anyone pretty much.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #1166
Banned

i think the Chiefs will come out and run the ball a ton. Andy does this sometimes in openers or certain matchups.

he has probably watched the super bowl a ton and seeing mahomes getting pressured a ton, i bet a ton of running and quick passing will be in order.

i see the game flow the same as the playoff game 7-9 possessions for each team due to the slow methodical pace of both offenses.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:01 PM   #1167
Choco Favre

Quote:
i think the Chiefs will come out and run the ball a ton. Andy does this sometimes in openers or certain matchups.

he has probably watched the super bowl a ton and seeing mahomes getting pressured a ton, i bet a ton of running and quick passing will be in order.

i see the game flow the same as the playoff game 7-9 possessions for each team due to the slow methodical pace of both offenses.
I have to wonder if you're just trolling us now.

Knowmo?
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:07 PM   #1168
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post

Knowmo?
geez do i know KC better than you guys? what about the opener last year or the buffalo game during the season? they ran it more than they threw it.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #1169
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

2. Should new diversity in the offense The Chiefs displayed a short passing game at times in 2020 to great success (see the Bills games). They need to continue to show evolutions on O and add more tricks to the bag. I think the improved TE room, year 2 for Edwards-Helaire, and the improved OL will make all of those things possible.
It was interesting in Mahomes' presser the other day where he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing) that every time he thinks that he's got the playbook down, Reid gives him a whole new section he hasn't seen before, and that keeps everything fresh and exciting to him.

To me, given the extreme diversity that we've seen since day 1 of the Mahomes era, to think we still haven't seen all of it is truly amazing.
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #1170
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post

Knowmo?
My money's on daquix.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.