Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #11671
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer19 View Post
Anybody here into physical precious metals? I'm intrigued by the stacks these guys have. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/top/
I see no big value in holding precious metals anymore.

The inflation hedge is Crypto coins, not precious metals.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:03 PM   #11672
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Nah.

I need your AMC tips on when this is supposed to explode. We’re past July you know?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Did I say it would happen by the end of July? I don't believe so.
Let's put it on Trey's shoulders. He expects next leg up in 2-4 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf5LA0WSVFQ
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #11673
Supporter

Price action looks good today. We are up against the 50 day SMA again, however. That was resistance last time we hit it and volatility appears to be trying to pick back up a bit which for the SPY is never a good thing. A break through the 50 day SMA would confirm a short term head and shoulders pattern but we really need to see a break through the highs on 9/23.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #11674
Mammoth penis

I talked about this a while back but need some clarification from the retirement plan experts here.

My company was bought out recently, so my existing 401k is being terminated. I've been given several options by some financial adviser that came over with the new company...rollover to a Roth and pay taxes, rollover to a traditional, or leave it where its at and it will automatically roll over to an American Funds IRA and invested into a money market fund.

I asked the guy about just straight cashing it out. I understand the tax implications since 401k's are pre-taxed, but other than tax there should be no other penalties assessed, correct? He strongly discouraged that choice and said there would be penalties on top of the tax.

I thought since the plan is being terminated and that is out of my control the cash-out penalties would be waived? We're not talking about a huge sum of money, this particular 401k has less than $20k.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:19 AM   #11675
Roy E.

Quote:
I talked about this a while back but need some clarification from the retirement plan experts here.

My company was bought out recently, so my existing 401k is being terminated. I've been given several options by some financial adviser that came over with the new company...rollover to a Roth and pay taxes, rollover to a traditional, or leave it where its at and it will automatically roll over to an American Funds IRA and invested into a money market fund.

I asked the guy about just straight cashing it out. I understand the tax implications since 401k's are pre-taxed, but other than tax there should be no other penalties assessed, correct? He strongly discouraged that choice and said there would be penalties on top of the tax.

I thought since the plan is being terminated and that is out of my control the cash-out penalties would be waived? We're not talking about a huge sum of money, this particular 401k has less than $20k.
I believe you have to pay a 10% penalty on top of any taxes for an early withdrawal.

If it was me, I'd just roll it over, preferably into a Roth IRA. Tax free growth!
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #11676
Supporter

Yeah, there is a penalty, I believe 10%. Between that and the tax, you'll lose close to half.

Don't do it. Talk to whomever the agent is about a Roth, but if there are tax implications, just roll it to a traditional. Don't **** around and get killed on pulling it out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #11677
Kind of a mod

The automatic rollover is probably fine. Once it's rolled over, it's all but certain that you will have control over it and can choose your preferred investments at that point.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:09 AM   #11678
Mod Team

Quote:

Roll it over to an IRA and have unlimited choices (ask about a ROTH), including individual stocks. Do not take the penalty, that's absolutely pointless for you.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:43 AM   #11679
Mammoth penis

I guess I got some bad info, thanks guys. I always thought and must have heard somewhere if an employer terminates a 401k you can cash out with only taxes paid and no penalty. Now I know.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #11680
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I got some bad info, thanks guys. I always thought and must have heard somewhere if an employer terminates a 401k you can cash out with only taxes paid and no penalty. Now I know.
That'd be a really good loophole for somebody who's self-employed or buddies with the boss!
Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #11681
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, there is a penalty, I believe 10%. Between that and the tax, you'll lose close to half.

Don't do it. Talk to whomever the agent is about a Roth, but if there are tax implications, just roll it to a traditional. Don't **** around and get killed on pulling it out.
This.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #11682
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
You're in good hands here. We're all financial advisors.

Buy moar AMC.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #11683
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

Buy moar AMC.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:16 AM   #11684
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post

Buy moar AMC.
Just watch congress closely and do what they do...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #11685
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Just watch congress closely and do what they do...

Destroy America.... No thanx
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote