Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #11626
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...ida-story.html

It's just the flu, they always have makeshift morgues am I right?
From your link:
Quote:
In normal times, city morgues can normally handle between 800 and 900 bodies at a time, city Medical Examiner spokeswoman Aja Worthy-Davis said.

So far, the morgues aren’t close to hitting that capacity, she said. But as the coronavirus death toll rises, city officials are preparing for the worst.
precautionary and also, those who die of the Chinese Coronavirus obviously have to be handled differently than other bodies...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #11627
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Population density of the USA = 87/square mile
Population density of Italy = 518/square mile
Whoa, this data has me convinced now. I guess we'll see 20,000 deaths in this country soon.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #11628
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
1027 deaths x 40 = 40k deaths. That's pretty likely at this point.
I'm not talking about static number of deaths, I was specifically referring to how many deaths per 1MM total population.

To put that in perspective Italy has 124 deaths per 1MM citizens, we have 3 per 1MM. Obviously that will go up but....

At Italy's rate of 124 per 1MM we would have to have 2.6MM people die.

That how much higher Italy's death rate is compared to the US.

Make more sense now?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #11629
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I'm not talking about static number of deaths, I was specifically referring to how many deaths per 1MM total population.
I suppose the fact that you aren't even clear about what you're referring to is part of why I don't put much stock into your analysis.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #11630
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Considering 80% feel little to nothing? OK
Where is this coming from though? If we aren't testing the asymptomatic population then how do we know? We need tangible numbers. Otherwise your 80% is just arbitrary.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #11631
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Whoa, this data has me convinced now. I guess we'll see 20,000 deaths in this country soon.
You do realize that we're already at 1,000, yes?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #11632
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
No it isn't. They have a higher population density than the US does. When it comes to disease transmission density is more important than total polulation.
We have very high population density in a few cities which is skewing the data as far as the entire country is concerned.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #11633
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Where is this coming from though? If we aren't testing the asymptomatic population then how do we know? We need tangible numbers. Otherwise your 80% is just arbitrary.
Iceland's study suggests it might be around 50%.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ding-covid-19/
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #11634
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I suppose the fact that you aren't even clear about what you're referring to is part of why I don't put much stock into your analysis.
There is nothing unclear in what I posted originally -

Quote:
A better way of looking at it is the US is averaging 3 deaths /1MM total population, Italy is at ****ing 124/ 1MM.

We aren't going to ever see a 40X climb in deaths. That would be 2.6MM people dead by comparison.
And this isn't "my analysis" its from the numbers located here in the far right column.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Just trying to explain why comparing Italy to the US is ridiculous.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #11635
Hockey Town

Quote:
That my friends is gonna leave a mark.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #11636
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
That my friends is gonna leave a mark.
No, it won't.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #11637
Supporter

Recovery numbers are starting to soar...

At this point yesterday we were 70-30 deaths to recovery

Now we are roughly 65-35 recoveries to deaths
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #11638
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
You do realize that we're already at 1,000, yes?
19K deaths in the next week seems unlikely.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #11639
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
We have officially passed Italy in total cases but as many have stated we are faring far, far better.
Part of that is they just have an older population, but have you stopped to think about why they have more deaths? We are lagging behind them on when the majority of cases have been found. Much more of their cases have a result.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #11640
Kind of a mod

Quote:
We aren't going to ever see a 40X climb in deaths. That would be 2.6MM people dead by comparison.
These two statements aren't consistent. You're comparing death rates - not deaths.

(You also edited your post to add the last sentence after I had already replied.)