Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:51 AM   #1126
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
What will it cost in terms of prospects to get an above average closer?
It’s not gonna be cheap. And we have a very weak group of prospects compared to the the best, so we don’t have a lot of chips. Plus the whole world knows our bullpen is a massive weakness, so there’s no leverage of any kind.

I think we’ll probably make some deals, but they won’t be dealing prospects for anything super legit. I’d expect us to make some deals for mid level prospects for maybe a couple of B to hopefully B+ arms in the pen. And honestly, that might not be the worst way to go.

I think we all knew the pen was a big if a month ago. We simply have nobody who can strike anyone out. That’s a problem. I was hoping they could’ve made a “pre-emptive” move a few weeks ago. Didn’t happen. And at the same time, the Marlins gave away(traded) Arreaz, whom apparently we were in on. That’s good news. Seems like Picollo has a better idea and instincts to make a move.

That said, anything we do is gonna likely come with some outcry at this point.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-07-2024, 06:57 AM   #1127
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Speaking of back issues ...

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 08:09 AM   #1128
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Speaking of back issues ...

I don't understand how all of these young guys always have back problems
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:52 PM   #1129
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-07-2024, 06:46 PM   #1130
El Gato Gordo Loco

I told y'all Lynch is trash
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2024, 07:07 PM   #1131
I'll **** anything that moves!

Just cast five more ballots for our boys BWJ, Salvy, etc... LFG!

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 06:57 AM   #1132
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I told y'all Lynch is trash
Oh hey! Guess who wandered back into this thread?

BEMeccie is here to tell us all how right he is about a guy who made a spot start? Man with this kind of info I could see the season go down the drain because we did/didn't make any moves on 05/28.

(5-5 in the last 10, 3 game W streak. 13 games above water).

Do you still wear the skull shaping helmet from when you were an infant? Has the craniosynostosis been rectified? Sometimes those sutures close to quickly from having your head jammed up your ass for hours a a day.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 10:34 AM   #1133
Dazed and Confused

The twinkies sure are streaky. They're on another 5-game losing streak.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOG View Post
The twinkies sure are streaky. They're on another 5-game losing streak.
That's what happens when you don't make any moves just cuz you're winning...or losing.

Because the season is never a series of ebbs and flows. It's always 24 game winning streaks followed by splitting a series followed by trading Hampson for Lou Gehrig (pre disease).
Old 06-09-2024, 11:25 AM   #1135
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post

BEMeccie is here to tell us all how right he is about a guy who made a spot start? Man with this kind of info I could see the season go down the drain because we did/didn't make any moves on 05/28.

Do you still wear the skull shaping helmet from when you were an infant? Has the craniosynostosis been rectified? Sometimes those sutures close to quickly from having your head jammed up your ass for hours a a day.
- that was linguistic money
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:01 PM   #1136
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:

Man, you are really upset.
Old 06-09-2024, 03:50 PM   #1137
In Search of a Life

Due to the rainout, the Royals have 28 games to play in the gauntlet of June (Obviously get some relief vs the A's and Marlins). The ended the first quarter of the month going a respectable 4-3. If they even go 3-4 over the next week (4 vs Yankees 3 at Dodgers), that's a great start for what looked to be a daunting month. Get through June ok and the schedule gets much better until late August.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2024, 04:06 PM   #1138
MVP

McArthur sucks shit. ****ing no talent hack shouldn't be anywhere near a closers role.

There is no reason Walter Pennington and Evan Sisk shouldnt be in the bullpen. Both of them have sub 3 ERAs and are striking out over 13 batters per 9 innings. Pennington has a .833 WHIP and is 26. Sisk is 27. They deserve shots considering the absolute shit that we keep trotting out there every game.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 08:23 PM   #1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Man, you are really upset.
This team is 12 games above water, I’m happy as a lark. I listen on the radio and this team makes me smile.

Tell us about the moves you’d make on 5/29.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:55 AM   #1140
MVP

Quote:
This team is 12 games above water, I’m happy as a lark. I listen on the radio and this team makes me smile.

Tell us about the moves you’d make on 5/29.

Bat and bullpen obviously.

I don't know a bunch of names off the top of my head, but I think you could get Aroldis again from the Pirates, which would be ironic. I'd look at the Mets as a team with some pieces that is going to start selling off soon.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.