Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:54 PM   #1111
Banned

Hopefully it's the Raiders
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:09 PM   #1112
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
The 49ers. But when someone throws a wrench into General Paton's plans he finds A Rod. We'll see what happens after June 1st.
So you mean like needing a QB and passing on one to draft a CB?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-27-2021, 10:09 PM   #1113
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
I don't want the Chiefs to be the team that makes the deal with the Falcons.

It is possible to say that without talking nonsense and criticizing an elite player.
You're talking like you're being rational or something. There's no place for that here.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:11 PM   #1114
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

1,100 posts and no trade. Might take 2,000.

Let’s go
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #1115
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Melvin Ingram is unsigned for a reason, but we still want him.
Melvin Ingram never played for KC. Big difference.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-27-2021, 10:33 PM   #1116
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Hopefully it's the Raiders
I really don't understand fans like this..you'd rather a hall of fame WR go to a team who lit up our defense twice last season?? WTF?? And why are so many tools around here so fecking obsessed with the money?? All I want to see is CHAMPIONSHIPS!!..Veach and co can deal with the cap stuff. Julio would absolutely give us an extra 40% chance of winning the SB and that's all that matters to me...none of us are the damn owners of this team ffs.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:07 PM   #1117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
I really don't understand fans like this..you'd rather a hall of fame WR go to a team who lit up our defense twice last season?? WTF?? And why are so many tools around here so fecking obsessed with the money?? All I want to see is CHAMPIONSHIPS!!..Veach and co can deal with the cap stuff. Julio would absolutely give us an extra 40% chance of winning the SB and that's all that matters to me...none of us are the damn owners of this team ffs.
If our defense cant stop a 32 year old WR who's on the downside of his career we got bigger problems than what some random guy on a football board posts
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #1118
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
If our defense cant stop a 32 year old WR who's on the downside of his career we got bigger problems than what some random guy on a football board posts
It wouldn't be just Jones though would it?? It would be him, Waller, Ruggs and their tough RB's Jacobs and Drake. Honestly did you watch the damn games last year?
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:40 PM   #1119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Why would you respond to my total touchdown-specific argument with a yardage argument? Clearly he has always gotten a ton of yards.

His touchdowns have never matched it though and that's why I think calling him the best receiver in the NFL has always been wrong.

Reek had 17 last season.

Dwayne Bowe once had 15 with Matt ****ing Cassel throwing to him.
Because TDs aren't the only thing. It's like saying only sacks matter and pressures don't. It's stupid analysis.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:13 AM   #1120
MVP

Quote:
The 49ers. But when someone throws a wrench into General Paton's plans he finds A Rod. We'll see what happens after June 1st.
You have been eating shit secondhand and belching it through your fingers. Lay off the crockpot possum, please.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:13 AM   #1121
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Melvin Ingram never played for KC. Big difference.
Once he got paid, Houston never did when he was needed most.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 05-28-2021, 05:23 AM   #1122
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
What in the blue **** has Private Peeton ever done to make you think he'll seal a deal for Rodgers? You think Green Bay is going to trade him now for an expected reasonable price after straight up refusing Hershal Walker deals before the draft?

If Veach wants a player and a team is selling, he's got a demonstrated track record of getting shit done. Your GM has a demonstrated track record of.... Kirk Cousins

Go play in the interstate, dipshit
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:41 AM   #1123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Because TDs aren't the only thing. It's like saying only sacks matter and pressures don't. It's stupid analysis.
Anyone who has ever watched the Falcons know Julio has been so dominant opposing defenses freaking smother him in the red zone.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #1124
MVP

Not sure if Q

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/f...-news/10171961

Quote:
Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer said the Chiefs' looming salary cap issues could prevent the team from acquiring Julio Jones in a trade.
Kansas City general manager Brett Veach could supercharge the already loaded Chiefs offense with a trade for Julio Jones, who is as good as gone from Atlanta. Julio could be available for a second round draft pick, according to those familiar with the Falcons thinking on a trade scenario. However, Breer said KC's coming salary cap issues could stand in the way of acquiring Julio as their No. 3 pass catcher this season. Patrick Mahomes' cap hit jumps to $35.79 million in 2022 and Tyreek Hill's cap number will reach $20.50 million by next season. Travis Kelce's cap number goes from a team-friendly $8.9 million in 2022 to $14.65 million in 2023 (his age-34 season). Frank Clark, Chris Jones, and Joe Thuney also eat up an outsized portion of the team's salary cap starting in 2022. The Chiefs are not one of the nine NFL teams that can absorb Julio's $15.3 million 2021 salary without moving money around.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:27 AM   #1125
In Search of a Life

Frank Clark is gone or massively restructured in 2022. Mahomes would restructure. Kelce probably as well. Cap is going up by leaps and bounds in the next few years. Dumb article is dumb.

The salary cap is a lot of fun for pundits to wring their hands over in the offseason. But it means nothing if you have a team like us that knows they have a Superbowl window to win now. Worry about the cap and longer term when Kelce and Hill start declining.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.