Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM  
Life is changing..

Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator

TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #1111
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
His cap hit is $21M for this year. Can save $14M if he’s released.

He was really good down the stretch, but $21M good?
I'd argue he's 14m good over 16 games, which is our maximum return value without him.

I don't think we can exceed his value by letting him go (at best, we may be able to replace it).

He's also repeatedly come through in big moments and worked to lead the team. Not sure why the negativity about Berry is being applied to him.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 PM   #1112
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I'd argue he's 14m good over 16 games, which is our maximum return value without him.

I don't think we can exceed his value by letting him go (at best, we may be able to replace it).

He's also repeatedly come through in big moments and worked to lead the team. Not sure why the negativity about Berry is being applied to him.
Not so much negativity as just hoping KC can get some cap relief there. If he’d play for even $16M, it’d help a ton.

He probably can’t get more than that on the open market.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:45 PM   #1113
Unsparing

The players that are currently under discussion are the exact type of players that BB will pull out his unmerciful, fine-tooth comb to assess, and will cut any and all dead weight and dollars without even blinking.

Which is what WE need to be doing.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #1114
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Not so much negativity as just hoping KC can get some cap relief there. If he’d play for even $16M, it’d help a ton.

He probably can’t get more than that on the open market.
Hope we make him a nice deal to lower his cap hit next Fall and then extend his contract to a fair deal for an older player.

Probably something like turn some of his salary in 2019 into guaranteed money.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #1115
Andy Reid Supporter

This is what pissed me off about Houston. Dude had to be motivated by Justin Hamilton to make a play? We paying $21 mill for that shit?!?!

Love the talent but he’s old and we can’t be paying him that much anymore. He is way overpaid for what he is at this point.

Last edited by RunKC; 01-27-2019 at 11:16 PM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:10 PM   #1116
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Hope we make him a nice deal to lower his cap hit next Fall and then extend his contract to a fair deal for an older player.

Probably something like turn some of his salary in 2019 into guaranteed money.
I am 100% behind this.

If it were me, I’d say goodbye to EB this off-season, trade Dee and re-structure JH. If JH doesn’t re-structure I’d hold onto him one more year.

If JH wasn’t still a top 3 impact guy, I’d be willing to part ways - but not when we’re already losing our top rusher from the other side (Ford). If I trusted Veach to draft I’d feel differently, but Speaks hasn’t shown he can be a suitable replacement for anyone so far, so the defense would have to add even more enormous holes to fill.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #1117
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This is what pissed me off about Houston. Dude had to be motivated by Justin Hamilton to make a play? We paying $21 mill for that shit?!?!

Love the talent but he’s old and we can’t be paying him that much anymore.

Then **** Aaron Donald and Kahlil Mack, too. They have plenty of questionable effort plays per game.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:29 PM   #1118
Mahomes Dynasty

I sure hope Speaks can succeed in this scheme. IMO it would appear this would be a more natural fit for him, similar to what he played in college. He is the same size as Aaron Donald, so playing him at DT wouldn't be out of the norm. He'd be quicker off the snap than your average DT. Speaks needs to watch tape on Donald, call his ass up in the offseason and workout w/ the guy. Prob wouldnt ever happen but I can wish.

I've always hated the pick...I still currently do but Spags hire has given me a slight glimpse of some hope. Always thought he was horribly out of position, slow, fat, lethargic, and not built in anyway for a 34OLB, just a stupid pick, especially since the Chiefs moved up for him IIRC, and considering it was a massive reach to begin with.

I dont understand tagging Ford. He's absolutely TERRIBLE in run support. I just cant see the guy putting his hand in the dirt. I mean he wouldn't have to drop in coverage, but I just think it's a dumb idea to tag a situational 1trick pony, unless they plan on tagging/trading him? Usually you'd want a deal in place before making that move.

Last edited by CoMoChief; 01-28-2019 at 12:13 AM..
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #1119
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
If I trusted Veach to draft I’d feel differently, but Speaks hasn’t shown he can be a suitable replacement for anyone so far, so the defense would have to add even more enormous holes to fill.
Had Veach drafted Donte Jackson instead of Speaks the Chiefs might be singing a different tune right now. Regardless, he knew we needed a couple of cornerbacks in the draft and yet he did nothing in the earlier rounds to help this team.

Last edited by Warrick; 01-28-2019 at 12:39 AM..
Warrick has disabled reputation
Old 01-28-2019, 07:33 AM   #1120
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
I sure hope Speaks can succeed in this scheme. IMO it would appear this would be a more natural fit for him, similar to what he played in college. He is the same size as Aaron Donald, so playing him at DT wouldn't be out of the norm. He'd be quicker off the snap than your average DT. Speaks needs to watch tape on Donald, call his ass up in the offseason and workout w/ the guy. Prob wouldnt ever happen but I can wish.

I've always hated the pick...I still currently do but Spags hire has given me a slight glimpse of some hope. Always thought he was horribly out of position, slow, fat, lethargic, and not built in anyway for a 34OLB, just a stupid pick, especially since the Chiefs moved up for him IIRC, and considering it was a massive reach to begin with.

I dont understand tagging Ford. He's absolutely TERRIBLE in run support. I just cant see the guy putting his hand in the dirt. I mean he wouldn't have to drop in coverage, but I just think it's a dumb idea to tag a situational 1trick pony, unless they plan on tagging/trading him? Usually you'd want a deal in place before making that move.
mostly agree, although I think Speaks is your LDE. I have suspicions that a move to the 4-3 was always the plan.

The only reason you tag Ford is to trade him, which I'm pretty sure is also the plan.

JH they will try to restructure for cap relief, and if they can get that done, he's a fine RDE.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #1121
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

What do you guys think about tagging and trading ford for Clowney?
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #1122
Someone pass the antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
What do you guys think about tagging and trading ford for Clowney?
Srsly
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:08 AM   #1123
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAdragon View Post
Srsly
Yeah I doubt Houston keeps him, tagged player for tagged player...
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #1124
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We really don't want to HAVE to start like 4 rookies.
edit-I guess it'd be like 3 by my count, at SAM, one CB, and a S. Plus whoever's going to play on first down and any down less than 4 yards in Ford's spot. I mean it just doesn't make sense.
Depends on what you're calling a rookie. I can see Fuller and Ward as the CB and Watts/Lucas as Safeties. Ward, Watts, and Lucas all got in some playing time this year. Ward showed real week to week improvement and I see him as CB2. I think it would take a really special rookie to beat him out next spring. Safety, with or without EB, is a question. Didn't get to see enough of Watts or Lucas playing to get a good gauge on where their at. I thought both showed promise but Lucas did it in less playing time.

I still surprised at how well the Chiefs defensive players match up to a 4-3 alignment without any changes. Only talking a couple of guys who "don't fit" somewhere, almost all the arguments here is cost/production which is the same arguments we have here year after year after year after year...
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:23 AM   #1125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
The players that are currently under discussion are the exact type of players that BB will pull out his unmerciful, fine-tooth comb to assess, and will cut any and all dead weight and dollars without even blinking.

Which is what WE need to be doing.
That's true-except that BB always has drafted the next guy who is right behind him on the depth chart. We've got some glaring holes.

I could easily move on from Berry, Houston, Bailey, Sorensen, Nelson, and Ford, signing stopgap vets to short deals to play for a year or two while we draft and develop youngsters behind them. I think over the long term that is the smart path, as the bulk of our cap will be spent on the offense going forward. Drafting and developing is going to be THE key.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.