Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:50 AM   #10996
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Skyy and Toney should be healthy come SB time do you activate either of them?
Toney seems to be a headcase at this point. So, I would not risk that. Skyy might be able to contribute a little something. Or at least hopefully not fumble on a reverse.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:51 AM   #10997
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Yea because Veach didn't also build this great ****ing defense. I don't understand how you guys just shrug that off like it's nothing.
I ALMOST put in that point that Veach gets credit for the defense as well as Rice. It's fair, but I also think Spags and Cullen and wringing every last drop out of the talent there, and I don't know how I divide up that credit.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:52 AM   #10998
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Yeah, why would anybody talk about how a football team could be improved? Weird.
Good question. Maybe the same could be said about why you did not address the comment about signing Theilen might have made signing Omenehu impossible.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #10999
MVP

Skyy would be better if you could fix unlucky. I don't know if that's possible. If he does good, an unrelated penalty takes it away
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:55 AM   #11000
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I appreciate MVS taking the mantle from Clark of disappearing in the regular season and then morphing into a HoF player in the playoffs....

Uhhh.....no. Not even close. But yes, he has been somewhat productive. About damn time!
Old 01-29-2024, 09:55 AM   #11001
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I ALMOST put in that point that Veach gets credit for the defense as well as Rice. It's fair, but I also think Spags and Cullen and wringing every last drop out of the talent there, and I don't know how I divide up that credit.
So Veach gets all the blame for the WRs? Reid gets none? You don't think Reid has a ton of say in offensive personnel?

But when it comes to defense, you all of a sudden want to downplay what Veach has done by saying "well I don't know how much of that is Veach or Spags?"

Convenient.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:57 AM   #11002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I agree with you, for the most part. But I'm not 100% ready to give up on Toney or Skyye.

Toney needs to get his head right, for sure. If he can do that then I believe he could be a good WR. I know, that's a big if. Of course, if he's trashing the Chiefs on social media then he needs to GTFO.
Toney said this on Instagram live the day before the Championship game:

"All these pussy ass ****as tryna play me. On God. Bitch ass ****as. I just gon get on this and be on no pussy shit. No clear no shit up. Cuz I don't really give a ****. I don't **** wit yall. Half yall ****as wanna do somethin. Then do something then. I ain't get on that. On God, but hey look. Yall readin all this cap ass shit. Ya feel me? Believe it. I don't give a ****. I ain't never been a ****a to go do all that. But yeah. Man that shit cap. I'm not hurt. None of that shit. Save that shit. Suck my dick too."

I'd cut him on the basis that he's as thick as a whale omelette. And that's before going into the rat-like nature of his comments and the fact that he's cost us so many times this year. Out.

Quote:
As for Moore, I think he can be a contributor but I don't see him ever being more than 4, 5, or 6 WR on the depth chart. And I would guess that unless he makes a drastic leap in his progression as an NFL WR, he will be gone after his rookie contract. But he will be here next year and probably the year after, as well.
Skyy Moore is the worst receiver I've ever seen play in the NFL. You'll never convince me that he's worth keeping. At least Toney is actually good at something (making players miss) whilst Skyy sucks at every aspect of being a WR, to the point where his homers this year have been talking up his blocking ability .
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:57 AM   #11003
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Uhhh.....no. Not even close. But yes, he has been somewhat productive. About damn time!
I was being hyperbolic, you know what I meant lol...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:03 AM   #11004
Veteran

Quote:
So Veach gets all the blame for the WRs. Reid gets none.

But when it comes to defense, you all of a sudden want to downplay what Veach has done by sayin no "well I don't know how much of that is Veach or Spage?"
Nope, and I've said elsewhere that the biggest problem is probably coaching with re the WRs, because they seem to have regressed - some combination of Nagy, Embree and Reid to blame here too. But they're also kind of @ss, and the WR by committee approach was a bad idea that seems to have limited the opportunity for anyone to develop.

But let's flip it - if Veach gets the credit for the defense, why shouldn't he get grief for the WRs (not called Rice)? If the argument is it's hard to get a balanced roster when your QB earns as much as Mahomes, I agree.

But if anyone thinks the master plan was to have a great defense and then whittle down the WRs to 3 guys by the postseason, and Veach foresaw this, then no. Reid and the rest adjusted and have dragged this offense to good enough.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:06 AM   #11005
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nope, and I've said elsewhere that the biggest problem is probably coaching with re the WRs, because they seem to have regressed - some combination of Nagy, Embree and Reid to blame here too. But they're also kind of @ss, and the WR by committee approach was a bad idea that seems to have limited the opportunity for anyone to develop.

But let's flip it - if Veach gets the credit for the defense, why shouldn't he get grief for the WRs (not called Rice)? If the argument is it's hard to get a balanced roster when your QB earns as much as Mahomes, I agree.

But if anyone thinks the master plan was to have a great defense and then whittle down the WRs to 3 guys by the postseason, and Veach foresaw this, then no. Reid and the rest adjusted and have dragged this offense to good enough.
Because of the last sentence in bold, and the fact that we're back in the SB.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:14 AM   #11006
Black Bob's daddy

Surely there's a middle ground here - yes the WRs not named Rice suck and need to be overhauled next season, but it also didn't end up tanking the season like some (myself included) thought it would/could.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #11007
Veteran

Quote:
Because of the last sentence in bold, and the fact that we're back in the SB.
I don't think it's unreasonable for you or others to say "you can't look at the WRs in isolation, it's about the whole roster". But equally I think it's reasonable to say the reason the whole roster works is because Reid and others have, eventually, taken the s*** sandwich they were given at WR and turned it into something workable.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:23 AM   #11008
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't think it's unreasonable for you or others to say "you can't look at the WRs in isolation, it's about the whole roster". But equally I think it's reasonable to say the reason the whole roster works is because Reid and others have, eventually, taken the s*** sandwich they were given at WR and turned it into something workable.
Again, Reid was just given these WRs, huh? You're 100% talking out of both sides of your mouth.

My issue comes down to your refusal to give Veach credit in his department (personel) while being very nitpicky about the WR group and putting it all on him all of a sudden.

You were giving him shit for the Omenihu signing early in his return from suspension, but now that it's looking like a great signing, I'm sure that's all Cullen and Spags.

He's the best in the ****ing business dude. He is a huge reason why we are in our 4th SB in 5 years. Your refusal to give him his flowers is just baffling.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:43 AM   #11009
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Credit to MVS catching the ball. It was an awkward catch. Watching the replay I noticed he had his hands with his palms facing his body. I would think the proper hand placement for catching the downward arcing pass would have been turning the hands to where the palms were facing the ball.
I watched the replay on this on TV 3 to 4 times, MVS has his hands backwards but he still end up catching it in his hands and not trapping it to his chest. Thats a pretty impressive catch actually.

Kelce is the master of catching with his hands, although it probably helps that he is 6 foot 5 and has hands the size of Embiid
kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.kcfan75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:48 AM   #11010
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Did Hardman even get a single snap?
I saw him in there at least once. I remember saying, "Oh god please **** no dont give it to Hardman".
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.