Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:02 PM   #1081
Now you've pissed me off!

24 yo and has never thrown a AA pitch? That dude is a jabrone. At least DeJong is gone.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #1082
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

We should assign him to Memphis.

He's 24 yrs old. Shit or get off the pot. Evidently throws in the mid/upper 90s with a sinking fastball. See if it plays against advanced hitters.

Give him this year to test him, start him in AAA next year and by next summer you'll know if he's remotely relevant. I think has one more year before he has to be on the 40 so get that figured out now.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:06 PM   #1083
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
24 yo and has never thrown a AA pitch? That dude is a jabrone. At least DeJong is gone.
Eh, he's worth taking a look at. Yeah, he's 24 and hasn't been pitched in AA yet (presume he'll be in Springfield), but seems to be interesting enough to at least a flyer on.

He'd probably be a year or 2 away from contributing as a reliever (if he developed into being worth a shit). His #s this year are solid. 2021 #s were as well. Appeared to not be great last year and looks like he was converted from a starter to exclusively a reliever this year.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:07 PM   #1084
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We should assign him to Memphis.

He's 24 yrs old. Shit or get off the pot. Evidently throws in the mid/upper 90s with a sinking fastball. See if it plays against advanced hitters.

Give him this year to test him, start him in AAA next year and by next summer you'll know if he's remotely relevant. I think has one more year before he has to be on the 40 so get that figured out now.
Cards announced he is going to Springvegas
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Cards announced he is going to Springvegas
{fartnoise}

Alright, well I guess I hope he dominates and starts next year at AAA.

If he's not under consideration for a spot on the 25 man next year at some point, he's probably not worth keeping around. He's 25 yrs old next season so the clock is ticking on him.

But the stuff is at least a little intriguing and he's clearly gotten a lot better than he was in college. So to see him on an upward arc is a good sign. You just need to have a REALLY steep development curve for someone in his mid-20s who's not broken through yet.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:15 PM   #1086
Veteran

https://twitter.com/baseballvalues/s...FhE9EI8-mwfI1A

I'm an idiot. How do I post a link from Twitter/X?

Last edited by Marco Polo; 08-01-2023 at 12:22 PM..
Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:15 PM   #1087
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Still have skepticism until/unless they trade or extend Flaherty, but am fairly content with the moves Mozeliak has done so far:

-Moved Cabrera for SOMETHING (even if the return is for guys who may never make it to MLB)
-Decent returns for Montgomery, Stratton, and Hicks, with a potential for 2 young pitchers to be starters in Robberse and Roby as well as a possibility at a useful infielder guy in Saggese
-Shipped DeJong for something to make room for Winn

If Flaherty is traded, I can't really be upset with how the deadline has gone given the team, but what they do in the off-season will make me reconsider my position.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:24 PM   #1088
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{fartnoise}

Alright, well I guess I hope he dominates and starts next year at AAA.

If he's not under consideration for a spot on the 25 man next year at some point, he's probably not worth keeping around. He's 25 yrs old next season so the clock is ticking on him.

But the stuff is at least a little intriguing and he's clearly gotten a lot better than he was in college. So to see him on an upward arc is a good sign. You just need to have a REALLY steep development curve for someone in his mid-20s who's not broken through yet.
Not expecting much from him, but it's not impossible or unheard of for relievers to debut at 25 and be acceptable.

Gallegos was 25 when he debuted with the Yankees. If Svanson came close to being like Gallegos, I'd consider that a win.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:24 PM   #1089
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Still have skepticism until/unless they trade or extend Flaherty, but am fairly content with the moves Mozeliak has done so far:

-Moved Cabrera for SOMETHING (even if the return is for guys who may never make it to MLB)
-Decent returns for Montgomery, Stratton, and Hicks, with a potential for 2 young pitchers to be starters in Robberse and Roby as well as a possibility at a useful infielder guy in Saggese

If Flaherty is traded, I can't really be upset with how the deadline has gone given the team, but what they do in the off-season will make me reconsider my position.
If they don't trade Flaherty, they'll give a QO so best case, he accepts it and he's back another year and is a band-aid for another needed SP; worst case, he rejects it, signs elsewhere, and we get a comp pick for him. I'm more concerned with the logjam at OF, IF, and C.
Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #1090
Perpetual Mediocrity

KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #1091
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #1092
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
If they don't trade Flaherty, they'll give a QO so best case, he accepts it and he's back another year and is a band-aid for another needed SP; worst case, he rejects it, signs elsewhere, and we get a comp pick for him. I'm more concerned with the logjam at OF, IF, and C.
There's no logjam at C. Knizer shouldn't be there and let Herrera handle 60%ish of the load with Contreras having the other 40% with some DH time.

IF isn't really a problem with DeJong gone, though Edman should probably be moved to make room for Winn or acquiring a pitcher.

OF needs to be revamped as only one guy there right now can be counted on consistently on offense and defense in Nootbar, while Carlson can't hit lefties, TON is hurt, and Walker shouldn't be in the OF.

I'd move Burleson and bring someone in who can platoon with Carlson or Walker.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:27 PM   #1093
The Insider

Quote:
https://twitter.com/baseballvalues/s...FhE9EI8-mwfI1A

I'm an idiot. How do I post a link from Twitter/X?
Old 08-01-2023, 12:30 PM   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post

I'd have kept Cabrera. We got precisely dick for him and he's been very good in Toronto. Y'know, because he's a lefty with ferocious stuff who's gotten jerked around every year here.

We got some never will be late-round catch and throw catcher who last I checked was batting below .200 in A ball for him. That kids gonna be out of baseball in 24 months. We should've kept Genesis. A major league coaching staff's JOB is to turn guys that throw 98 mph with the wrong arm into viable contributors. The organization failed Genesis in a big way.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #1095
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Won't be considered a Top 30 prospect for Cardinals; wasn't on the list for Blue Jays. 1.23 ERA, 2.55 FIP, and as you said, has a K/9 of 11.05. Depth in AA and roll the dice and see what happens. This is more about getting Winn an opportunity than anything.
I agree they need to clear a spot for Wynn. What is the date if they call him up that it doesn’t start his 6 years of control?

Sounds better than the bag of sunflower seeds I was willing to accept.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.