Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:13 PM   #10816
Andy Reid Supporter

All debates aside I really don't like the way Andy handles rookie WR's. It's always been this way with him. They redshirted Demarcus Robinson, basically redshirted Chris Conley, Tyreek was basically a gadget player etc. and that continued this year with Rice.

It feels like his offense has so many complicated motions and alignments for rookies to figure out. It's annoying seeing other teams get more out of rookie WR's.

Andy just needs to simplify the playbook for those guys the way he did for Rashee and stop getting them thinking so much.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:15 PM   #10817
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Guess you won't like any of Andy's coaches since the Eagles players almost beat Doug Pederson's ass in the locker room for his stint with Jalen Hurts benching, Nagy's time in Chicago, Commanders players not liking Bieniemy basically calling him a hardass asshole and Sean McDermott praising Allahu Akbar
Really? That's what you've got? Pederson carrying through with his plan to start Sudfeld in the second half, Bieniemy demanding accountability, and McDermott being a ****ing idiot? That's what you pulled out of your ass to justify Nagy being a worthless putz?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:17 PM   #10818
MVP

Quote:
And every one of those QB's suck. I'm not giving any more excuses to Fields for looking like ass with multiple coaches and the GM giving him a big boost of talent while the next Ohio State QB losses Tank Dell and Noah Brown and still looks awesome regardless of the circumstance.

The game that Andy/Nagy went full horizontal was the Raiders game in which the OL got destroyed and the WR's suck. Wanya Morris alone gave up 10 pressures that game and multiple people on this board said it was the among the worst OL play they've seen in a long time.

It's a fact that Mahomes ran for his life more in the Raiders game than the TB SB debacle. There's a proven stat that was tweeted after that game.

No clue what you want any OC to do when you have the worst WR unit in the league, your 2 best blocking RB's are injured and your OL get annihilated. Again put Bill Walsh as your OC that day. Still won't matter.

Andy and Nagy's plays worked more than fine last year with far better talent available. They're mostly the same plays/concepts.

Not sure how you don't see the talent level of the weapons this year falling off a cliff due to departures/injury/aging.
I don't think anybody's arguing that Morris was great in the Raiders game. Clearly, he was not.

But the truth is that the entire offensive line sucked ass that game-all of them, even Humphrey. As a UNIT they were ****ing terrible. Did they all go out drinking the night before or something? I mean it was top to bottom a disaster.

And I hate the horizontal stuff too, without the vertical to counter with.

and I'm laying a lot of things at Nagy's feet, because let's face it, Juju is a JAG, and with the same guys except Juju, the entire offense has regressed-the WR room with all the same guys regressed to completely unplayable.

Rice is the lone bright spot.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:20 PM   #10819
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Really? That's what you've got? Pederson carrying through with his plan to start Sudfeld in the second half, Bieniemy demanding accountability, and McDermott being a ****ing idiot? That's what you pulled out of your ass to justify Nagy being a worthless putz?
Relax dude it's a joke. Well the McDermott part at least

Doug's moronic decision to bench Jalen Hurts was really bad though. He lost the locker room after doing this. They legitimately wanted to kick his ass

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...er-report/amp/
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:20 PM   #10820
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I don't think anybody's arguing that Morris was great in the Raiders game. Clearly, he was not.

But the truth is that the entire offensive line sucked ass that game-all of them, even Humphrey. As a UNIT they were ****ing terrible. Did they all go out drinking the night before or something? I mean it was top to bottom a disaster.

and I'm laying a lot of things at Nagy's feet, because let's face it, Juju is a JAG, and with the same guys except Juju, the entire offense has regressed-the WR room with all the same guys regressed to completely unplayable.

Name wise it's the same but MVS regressed from, decent #2 field stretcher to completely unplayable bum.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:22 PM   #10821
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Relax dude it's a joke. Well the McDermott part at least

Doug's moronic decision to bench Jalen Hurts was really bad though. He lost the locker room after doing this. They legitimately wanted to kick his ass

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...er-report/amp/
Yeah, that was incredibly stupid.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:11 PM   #10822
MVP

Quote:
...It's annoying seeing other teams get more out of rookie WR's...
I was frustrated with Rice's usage also, but to be fair, he finished 2nd to Puka in total receiving yards.

Ahead of Addison, JSN, Flowers, Hyatt, Q Johnston, etc.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:30 PM   #10823
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

It's interesting that 2 years ago people wanted Bieniemy fired and thought he was the problem bc the offense struggled.

Now it's Nagy when the team struggles. Again I think we can all agree that the Chiefs had by far the worst WR room in the league this year, even with Rashee Rice having a great rookie season.

I want to see what this coaching stuff does with actual WR talent next year bc they were the best in the league last year when they had the horses.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:34 PM   #10824
MVP

Quote:
It's interesting that 2 years ago people wanted Bieniemy fired and thought he was the problem bc the offense struggled.

Now it's Nagy when the team struggles. Again I think we can all agree that the Chiefs had by far the worst WR room in the league this year, even with Rashee Rice having a great rookie season.

I want to see what this coaching stuff does with actual WR talent next year bc they were the best in the league last year when they had the horses.
Well, I mean, it's literally all the same horses, except for Juju, who's so explosive he could barely get on the field for New England, who's WR corps might even possibly be worse than ours.

So you tell me.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:50 PM   #10825
Starter

Quote:
Relatively low? 2 of the top 5 WR's in snaps that the staff glowingly talked up last Spring have been benched, the QB literally hates MVS and Watson was on a practice squad right before we signed him to a futures deal.

That's not "relatively low". That's worst in the league, total shit bad. Hell these guys collectively have the worst drop rate of any team in a decade.

And simplifying the playbook is a bad thing. Cutting plays out of your playbook bc the personnel can't run it makes you worse, not better.

Again look at the WR's Andy and Nagy are scheming these guys open. They are wide open and dropping passes and it's ruined the offense.
Vid shows the drops were spread around basically the entire receiving room.

Yet Toney's the village goat, without any more reason than any other receiver.
Arch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-08-2024, 06:51 PM   #10826
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Well, I mean, it's literally all the same horses, except for Juju, who's so explosive he could barely get on the field for New England, who's WR corps might even possibly be worse than ours.

So you tell me.
I was one of the people who thought EB and Mahomes had friction, and I hated every EB press conference. He just never really answered a question, or started every answer with Let me tell you... and then would tell a random coach speak like story.

I thought his interactions with Mahomes may have helped cause the Bengals AFCCG 2nd half collapse.

I wanted him gone.

Obviously, to me now, the friction between Mahomes and EB was like the spark for the offensive flamethrower that we were torching everyone with.

Nagy is a goofy, let-me-be-your-friend type of coach, because I am sure that's what he thinks Andy Reid is, but unfortunately, Nagy doesn't have the same affect on players.

Reid is laid back, but he must be a truth teller, and players are disappointed personally when they let Andy down. No one cares about letting Nagy down, probably because he doesn't tell the truth. He continues to be their hype man, instead of telling the truth.

I don't know. None of us do. We are not in meetings, or the locker room, etc. But what we can do is look at the product on the field.

From game 1 vs the Lions, the team looked sloppy. Bad penalties, no one was sharp on offense, and for having the entire off-season to prepare for that game, in Prime Time, with the entire world watching, it was kinda embarrassing.

I know one play lost that game, but we should have looked sharp, or at least sharper. And it just snowballed from there.

So, EB coming back is a long shot, but Nagy being excised from the coaching staff shouldn't be. Unfortunately, we all know how Reid operates. So, Nagy will be here until someone else hires him away, or Reid retires. Let's hope he doesn't longer than that.

If Nagy goes on to become a great HC somewhere, great. I don't want him to be the Chiefs head coach, because I don't even want him as the OC.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:56 PM   #10827
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I was one of the people who thought EB and Mahomes had friction, and I hated every EB press conference. He just never really answered a question, or started every answer with Let me tell you... and then would tell a random coach speak like story.

I thought his interactions with Mahomes may have helped cause the Bengals AFCCG 2nd half collapse.

I wanted him gone.

Obviously, to me now, the friction between Mahomes and EB was like the spark for the offensive flamethrower that we were torching everyone with.

Nagy is a goofy, let-me-be-your-friend type of coach, because I am sure that's what he thinks Andy Reid is, but unfortunately, Nagy doesn't have the same affect on players.

Reid is laid back, but he must be a truth teller, and players are disappointed personally when they let Andy down. No one cares about letting Nagy down, probably because he doesn't tell the truth. He continues to be their hype man, instead of telling the truth.

I don't know. None of us do. We are not in meetings, or the locker room, etc. But what we can do is look at the product on the field.

From game 1 vs the Lions, the team looked sloppy. Bad penalties, no one was sharp on offense, and for having the entire off-season to prepare for that game, in Prime Time, with the entire world watching, it was kinda embarrassing.

I know one play lost that game, but we should have looked sharp, or at least sharper. And it just snowballed from there.

So, EB coming back is a long shot, but Nagy being excised from the coaching staff shouldn't be. Unfortunately, we all know how Reid operates. So, Nagy will be here until someone else hires him away, or Reid retires. Let's hope he doesn't longer than that.

If Nagy goes on to become a great HC somewhere, great. I don't want him to be the Chiefs head coach, because I don't even want him as the OC.
You know, I just kind of look at it like this:

Nagy is the offensive coordinator. This is the most uncoordinated offense I have seen in the Mahomes era. Every position group has seen noticeable, quantifiable regression from last February.

Other than perhaps the RB room. It looks pretty good, when all three are healthy.

So, we can argue about the specifics of this guy or that group, but really, the offensive coordinator has not coordinated. At all.

UN-coordinated.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:47 PM   #10828
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

I just can't understand what happened to the slants in this offense. Those were money plays and Rice is built for that
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:09 PM   #10829
In Search of a Life

We can point to regression all we want. Defenses adjusted and we didn't. Simple as that.

All our guys are catch and run and now we can't do a damn thing downfield let alone in the intermediate field. These guys are veterans. They didn't get coached to run good routes and have football iq or have basic catch skills. These guys never had those things in the first place and now it's the thing we need most.

All our guys are role players we banked on playing well in an expanded role. Toney is just a gadget guy. Mvs is just a clear out guy. Mecole is an acceleration guy. Skyy was supposed to be a man Eating, short catch and run guy but can't even do that well. Some of these guys would probabky be OK and dialed them back into a role where they can feed off of other guys. But it doesn't work when they have nobody to feed off of.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:26 PM   #10830
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
We can point to regression all we want. Defenses adjusted and we didn't. Simple as that.

All our guys are catch and run and now we can't do a damn thing downfield let alone in the intermediate field. These guys are veterans. They didn't get coached to run good routes and have football iq or have basic catch skills. These guys never had those things in the first place and now it's the thing we need most.

All our guys are role players we banked on playing well in an expanded role. Toney is just a gadget guy. Mvs is just a clear out guy. Mecole is an acceleration guy. Skyy was supposed to be a man Eating, short catch and run guy but can't even do that well. Some of these guys would probabky be OK and dialed them back into a role where they can feed off of other guys. But it doesn't work when they have nobody to feed off of.
Man, you gotta stop with this shit. It's nonsense.

'catch and run' is not a negative, ever. It's a description of a positive attribute. It simply means a guy is a good open field runner with the ball.

Tyreek was a good 'catch and run' receiver. Juju, when both knees worked, is a good catch and run receiver. So is Hopkins, Hollywood Brown, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Deebo, you name it-in fact, name any great WR and I'll show you a good 'catch and run' receiver. It just means they've got a chance for a big play anytime you can get it to them in space.

You've latched on to this phrase like it somehow explains something, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

There's plenty of pure speed in the WR room. There's a couple of big guys, there are some shifty guys, some guys that were supposed to be good route runners...they are not any ONE type. Other than the fact that the entire group all shit the bed simultaneously, there is little in common between them. (Other than Rice, of course).