Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:04 AM   #1066
Now you've pissed me off!

When a guy has over a dozen starts under his belt and his best performance is 250 yards against New Mexico State, no one would predict three straight 340+ yard games.

More importantly, they have started to use the middle of the field, which is the great separator of all QB play. No offense can be consistent if they don't attack the middle. I have no idea what made them change, but I'm glad they did.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:50 AM   #1067
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'll gladly eat it. Him playing like this against P5 teams after being inaccurate on almost all deep shots the first two games and hammered ass against MTSU came out of nowhere. Anyone saying they predicted he'd be more than a middling P5 starter is 100 percent full of shit.
I don’t think there was anyone here that predicted he’d perform at his current level, but there were a few that said he gave the team the best chance to win and be able to be at least an average college starter with some room for improvement from last season.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:18 AM   #1068
Facts are stubborn things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Was Grinch as bad at MU as he was at OU/USC?
He was a position coach on some good defensive units the credit I largely give to Steckel, a DL guy running a unit that was strongest up front but obviously Grinch contributed tu that success. He was only here 3 years.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:19 AM   #1069
Facts are stubborn things.

Quote:
When a guy has over a dozen starts under his belt and his best performance is 250 yards against New Mexico State, no one would predict three straight 340+ yard games.

More importantly, they have started to use the middle of the field, which is the great separator of all QB play. No offense can be consistent if they don't attack the middle. I have no idea what made them change, but I'm glad they did.
Amen.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:41 AM   #1070
Banned!

Quote:

I don't know what people were and were not predicting, nor do I care. What I did understand was that Drink was going to play the guy that gave us the best chance to win and he very clearly did that.

Of course, it also happens to be the kid with the C on his chest that the rest of the team loves and rallies around while he continues to play through injuries.

I'm simply trying to understand why one would suggest Drink somehow negligent for playing the best players. I assume it's simply lazy, entitled Mizzou Fan nonsense, but who knows.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #1071
MVP

Mizzou stays at #22 in the AP poll. Behind Duke and ahead of LSU.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:23 PM   #1072
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Maybe the guy that saw them all practice every day saw something that you didn't. Maybe he wasn't just putting his livelihood in the hands of some kid he wanted to **** his daughter.

"I didn't realize he could be this good" is no sort of excuse when you simply foreclosed the mere possibility when Drinkwitz named him the starter and started assigning malevolent motives.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 12:34 PM   #1073
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Maybe the guy that saw them all practice every day saw something that you didn't. Maybe he wasn't just putting his livelihood in the hands of some kid he wanted to **** his daughter.

"I didn't realize he could be this good" is no sort of excuse when you simply foreclosed the mere possibility when Drinkwitz named him the starter and started assigning malevolent motives.
He was miserable for most of the first two games and showed absolutely nothing last year other than mobility. Those aren't disputable events, nor is the fact that the coach handled the competition like a buffoon with his comments toward the media, or by ripping up slips of paper in an effort to appear profound.

It wasn't that long ago that blind loyalty to another QB who had produced very little but earned a rope's length measured in light years helped torpedo the franchise this board is named after. Given Bazelak's regression and Cook's absence of any visible improvement prior to the K-State game, a little skepticism was more than warranted.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:42 PM   #1074

Quote:
He was miserable for most of the first two games and showed absolutely nothing last year other than mobility. Those aren't disputable events, nor is the fact that the coach handled the competition like a buffoon with his comments toward the media, or by ripping up slips of paper in an effort to appear profound.

It wasn't that long ago that blind loyalty to another QB who had produced very little but earned a rope's length measured in light years helped torpedo the franchise this board is named after. Given Bazelak's regression and Cook's absence of any visible improvement prior to the K-State game, a little skepticism was more than warranted.
He was good in the first game - I said it then. You just refused to acknowledge it. You decided he sucked before the game started so you just ignored the fact that the played well.

The Chiefs 'blind loyalty' to a QB had a franchise that refused to bring anyone in to challenge him. That's not been the case here - Drink has CONTINUOUSLY brought in high pedigree challengers, including a transfer. How is that similar to the story with Pioli/Cassel?

That suggests a guy who obviously recognizes how important the position is. It's not the same scenario at all.

You're essentially claiming that no matter what happens - you were right. If Cook was bad, duh - he's bad and everyone should've known that. If he's good - well everyone should've expected him to be bad so you're STILL right because you did. It's nonsense.

What you did wasn't 'skepticism' - you decided before the season started what the right answer was. And continued to insist on it. I was skeptical but open to the possibility that Cook was the right choice at this time. And in the end, he very clearly has been. There's a difference between skepticism and...whatever it is you fellas have been doing.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:51 PM   #1075
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:

He played with a torn labrum behind an atrocious OL and played average as a first time starter for a full season.

I don't know what more you could expect or ask for given the circumstances mentioned above.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #1076
MVP

Cook wasn't bad whatsoever in the 1st game. They just didn't let him do much. The only game that you can complain about is that second game, but that's in the past. He's playing better than he ever has and I'm all for it!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Cook wasn't bad whatsoever in the 1st game. They just didn't let him do much. The only game that you can complain about is that second game, but that's in the past. He's playing better than he ever has and I'm all for it!
The 2nd game was so uniformly uninspired that it made me thing they were sitting on stuff and expected to just win with bully ball.

By the time they realized they may not be good enough in the trenches to do that (and that's still a real concern), the gameplan was set and they didn't really have a 'gear up' level to turn to.

That game was just one of those survive and advance games and it kinda felt that way at the time. They just weren't showing anything at all.
Old 10-01-2023, 02:14 PM   #1078
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The 2nd game was so uniformly uninspired that it made me thing they were sitting on stuff and expected to just win with bully ball.

By the time they realized they may not be good enough in the trenches to do that (and that's still a real concern), the gameplan was set and they didn't really have a 'gear up' level to turn to.

That game was just one of those survive and advance games and it kinda felt that way at the time. They just weren't showing anything at all.
I thought that was pretty clear.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 02:25 PM   #1079
In Search of a Life

Man some of y'all are miserable ****s with this purity test with each win.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:41 PM   #1080
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Man some of y'all are miserable ****s with this purity test with each win.
That's not any different than anyone saying FIRE DRINK and COOK SUCKS COCK repeatedly before the season even started