Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #1066
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
I don't even know what "plodding runner" means, it's like people can't say he's slow anymore so they're just making stuff up now to be negative.

The fumbling thing is legit but that's correctable
And he's due a little credit there. He DID feel that pressure coming and tried to bring the ball in just as the arm raked through. It almost looked like it may have slipped a little as he was bringing it tight and that helped it squirt out.

Maybe just one of those things where he wasn't quite used to NFL speed yet but there's comfort to take from the fact that he was clearly aware of the possibility.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:00 PM   #1067
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
He does need to keep a good handle on the ball. The last two catches in that video, one started to come out and the other got hit as well. Just a detail he needs to pay attention to.
True enough! Hopefully they have him working on that a lot.
Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:07 PM   #1068
In Search of a Life

If I'm betting on any of the WRs in that room developing into a WR1, it's definitely Rice.

I feel great about Rice/Skyy/Ross. If Toney could just stay healthy, that's a really talented young group that's also cheap for the next 2-3 years.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:12 PM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
If I'm betting on any of the WRs in that room developing into a WR1, it's definitely Rice.

I feel great about Rice/Skyy/Ross. If Toney could just stay healthy, that's a really talented young group that's also cheap for the next 2-3 years.
I'd bank on Toney because IF he stays healthy, he has every tool to be a truly dynamic weapon.

Rice doesn't have a 5th gear.

Which doesn't matter much if he's just out there destroying creation as an X.

I think Rice is the most likely of anyone we have to be a 1,000 yard receiver in the next 3 seasons. But I think if we're gonna have a true top 10-15 weapon at the position, it'll be Toney.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:18 PM   #1070
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
I don't even know what "plodding runner" means, it's like people can't say he's slow anymore so they're just making stuff up now to be negative.

The fumbling thing is legit but that's correctable
Feet look heavy, like Baldwin.

Also, I'm being negative? I thought this was a football message board where people discuss what they see. Being negative is saying something and hoping above all else I'm right even though it hurts the team. I want Rice to be awesome and to be completely wrong.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:25 PM   #1071
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'd bank on Toney because IF he stays healthy, he has every tool to be a truly dynamic weapon.

Rice doesn't have a 5th gear.

Which doesn't matter much if he's just out there destroying creation as an X.

I think Rice is the most likely of anyone we have to be a 1,000 yard receiver in the next 3 seasons. But I think if we're gonna have a true top 10-15 weapon at the position, it'll be Toney.
Toney's upside is absolutely the highest. No disagreement there.

I'm just not betting on him because of the injuries.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:37 PM   #1072
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Toney's upside is absolutely the highest. No disagreement there.

I'm just not betting on him because of the injuries.
That's what makes Richie James so refreshing. I think he is a nice complementary WR that gives you some of what Toney does, which is why I hope they bring back Toney slowly.

It's pretty clear they didn't like Hardman's ability to run routes and play the position, so they went with James who isn't as fast, but can play the position at a higher level.

We don't have a top level 1, but we've got a lot of guys who can be a WR2 or WR3 and with Mahomes that's more than enough.

Great job by Veach and his staff finding quality WR talent at a cheap price
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #1073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Feet look heavy, like Baldwin.

Also, I'm being negative? I thought this was a football message board where people discuss what they see. Being negative is saying something and hoping above all else I'm right even though it hurts the team. I want Rice to be awesome and to be completely wrong.
I kinda know what you mean, his feet don't look...light? Nimble? I dunno, maybe a little flat? But he also looks pretty damn fast and surprisingly shifty, which chimes with his college YAC. If his feet look like stone but he's rapid as f*** i don't really care!
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:58 PM   #1074
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I kinda know what you mean, his feet don't look...light? Nimble? I dunno, maybe a little flat? But he also looks pretty damn fast and surprisingly shifty, which chimes with his college YAC. If his feet look like stone but he's rapid as f*** i don't really care!
I haven't seen enough of him TBH, none of us really have. It was just a gut reaction, and all my bad memories of Baldwin and the same reaction I had to him came roaring back.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:01 PM   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
That's what makes Richie James so refreshing. I think he is a nice complementary WR that gives you some of what Toney does, which is why I hope they bring back Toney slowly.

It's pretty clear they didn't like Hardman's ability to run routes and play the position, so they went with James who isn't as fast, but can play the position at a higher level.

We don't have a top level 1, but we've got a lot of guys who can be a WR2 or WR3 and with Mahomes that's more than enough.

Great job by Veach and his staff finding quality WR talent at a cheap price
Many of us said after Hill was traded that it's a more efficient use of Patrick to give him 3 good receivers than a great one and shattered ass.

Because Mahomes doesn't need a great receiver to be productive. But he can't so much bring roster chaff up to NFL caliber starters, either.

There's diminishing marginal returns on talent at WR once you get past 'NFL' level. He can't make much more out of Hill than Hill's capable of on his own. And he can't make Demarcus Robinson into a 700 yard guy.

But give him 3 Richie James sorts and he can get more out of them than you'll pay for. And that's absolutely critical going forward as he's not getting any cheaper and the caps not gonna get any easier to navigate.

So cap efficiency is critical and more depth is going to yield more efficiency for us than more ceiling.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 02:16 PM   #1076
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
That sounds an awful lot like Deebo. Did we find our Deebo in the draft?
Nah, Deebo has a completely different body type to the point he can play RB. Deebo quick twitch is a little quicker than Rice BUT Rice is a very good route runner and where he gets his separation. I just wished he would have caught that first pass, that would have been the 'cherry on top' to a very good night.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:18 PM   #1077

Ritchie James will be the complete WR that Hardman should have been.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:20 PM   #1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Would you equate him to an Antonio Brown in his prime as a Steeler type of potential or even better??
Old 08-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #1079
sorta mod-ish

Rashee officially ran a 4.51, so he's no Hardman. But he's apparently already worlds better at running routes, so I'll take that with a QB that has pinpoint accuracy on his passes.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Rashee officially ran a 4.51, so he's no Hardman. But he's apparently already worlds better at running routes, so I'll take that with a QB that has pinpoint accuracy on his passes.
This will definitely make up for those 2/10ths in the 40 for sure.