Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:55 PM   #1066
In Search of a Life

This week was better than last week.

Give it time. Let it mellow
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 04:56 PM   #1067
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
We don't have a true #1 or #2 WR. It's all based on Kelce bailing them out.

Could it work? Sure, we have a generational QB and Reid. But why make things hard just to prove a point?

I'm sure Veach wanted the young guys to get reps. But someone has to really step up or a trade is needed.
We don't ****ing know yet. It's week 2.

You are acting like this is the finished product, and it's not anywhere close to that.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:58 PM   #1068
In Search of a Life

If the bears continue to suck and wanna trade us DJ moore? Sure

But I’d imagine they’re fine with what they’ve got
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:59 PM   #1069
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
And I will clap like a seal if Rice or Moore just goes super nova.

Just commenting on what we have seen so far which is admittedly a small sample size.
I’m probably out of line singling you out. There are, after all, many candidates who have said much worse about the WR group. My apologies.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 09-17-2023, 05:02 PM   #1070
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Offs.

i didn't take out Skyy's catch. i simply stated that without that one big catch, the WR room did exactly what they did last week. Well, to be absolutely precise, this week they caught 8 more yards this week.

And your grasp of statistics is apparently not the greatest.

Here's an example:

WR "X" catches 10 balls in a game. The first 9 balls he catches for 1 yard a piece, for a total of 9 yards/9 catches. On the 10th catch, he catches another 1-yard ball, but runs for 89 yards.

So, player X has 10 catches for 99 yards.

Is his average/catch really 9.9 yards?

Of course not. No one with a brain would believe that.

And that's why you get rid of the outlier datapoints. otherwise, you easily can end up with completely skewed results.
No, my grasp is just fine, thanks. You like to take out the positive outliers, while leaning on the negative ones.

You do this repeatedly, constantly, whenever it suits your narrative.

It's bullshit.

A big play is a big play. It counts. Just like the drops counted last week.

You say their receivers repeatedly couldn't get their feet in, I say defenders were well aware of where they were on the field, and used the boundaries, you know - like they're ****ing trained to.

You try to apply statistics with no context all the time, removing only the outliers that would disprove your narrative.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #1071
Why so serious?

Quote:
Offs.

i didn't take out Skyy's catch. i simply stated that without that one big catch, the WR room did exactly what they did last week. Well, to be absolutely precise, this week they caught 8 more yards this week.

And your grasp of statistics is apparently not the greatest.

Here's an example:

WR "X" catches 10 balls in a game. The first 9 balls he catches for 1 yard a piece, for a total of 9 yards/9 catches. On the 10th catch, he catches another 1-yard ball, but runs for 89 yards.

So, player X has 10 catches for 99 yards.

Is his average/catch really 9.9 yards?

Of course not. No one with a brain would believe that.

And that's why you get rid of the outlier datapoints. otherwise, you easily can end up with completely skewed results.
Well, first, yes, his average/catch would be 9.9. That’s a fact.

“And that’s why you get rid of the outlier data points.” Uhm, wrong. Because who defines outlier? Did Pachecho rush for 12/95yds (7.9ypc) or do we just take out his 39yd run and then it’s 4.7ypc? What if it were a 29yd run? Would that then be okay to add in?

I guess Barry Sanders was just a really average running back if you just took out all of his explosive plays. That’s definitely the right way to look at it.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #1072
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
I’m probably out of line singling you out. There are, after all, many candidates who have said much worse about the WR group. My apologies.
No worries.

I was fine not overspending in FA and getting the young ones reps but always said we need to be ready to add a vet if needed.

Plenty of football before the deadline, the path will be crystal clear in a few more weeks.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:05 PM   #1073
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
It's offense that's likely to get better. We're breaking in TWO new tackles and, clearly, new WRs. Hell, this was Trav's first regular season game this year and he was clearly still shaking off the rust.

If you truly don't think we'll get better this season, then you're probably ON something.
Fixed your post.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:06 PM   #1074
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

“And that’s why you get rid of the outlier data points.” Uhm, wrong. Because who defines outlier? Did Pachecho rush for 12/95yds (7.9ypc) or do we just take out his 39yd run and then it’s 4.7ypc? What if it were a 29yd run? Would that then be okay to add in?

I guess Barry Sanders was just a really average running back if you just took out all of his explosive plays. That’s definitely the right way to look at it.
This is what I'm talking about. It's football, not the ****ing stock market. Guys make plays, or they don't, but either way, it counts.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:09 PM   #1075
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
No, my grasp is just fine, thanks. You like to take out the positive outliers, while leaning on the negative ones.

You do this repeatedly, constantly, whenever it suits your narrative.

It's bullshit.

A big play is a big play. It counts. Just like the drops counted last week.

You say their receivers repeatedly couldn't get their feet in, I say defenders were well aware of where they were on the field, and used the boundaries, you know - like they're ****ing trained to.

You try to apply statistics with no context all the time, removing only the outliers that would disprove your narrative.

Oh boy. No idea why you're so upset. Too early in the season to get all riled up one way or the other.

And i do take out the 'negative' one, though I was taught to consider them "low value/least value" data points, not negative ones.

Btw, TL's TD throw to the rookie? He simply didn't drag his left toe. Probably forgot he had to in the NFL. Point being, he was open enough by a wide margin. He just forgot the rule.

Nother fun fact. If Zay did drag his toe and that TD counted, they didn't have to go for it on their last drive when it was 4th and 12. They could've kicked it and taken the lead.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:12 PM   #1076
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

Lol, nope. We did that in a class. Didn't change his average rush yds/att by that much. The thousands of reps marginalize the few dozen or whatever big rushes. Leave them in, take them out, it's roughly the same.

When looking at small datasets, taking out the outliers is SOP. Sorry, but if you think player X in my example averaged 9.9yd/cth, well, you don't know what you're talking about.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:15 PM   #1077
MVP

Quote:
Oh boy. No idea why you're so upset. Too early in the season to get all riled up one way or the other.

And i do take out the 'negative' one, though I was taught to consider them "low value/least value" data points, not negative ones.

Btw, TL's TD throw to the rookie? He simply didn't drag his left toe. Probably forgot he had to in the NFL. Point being, he was open enough by a wide margin. He just forgot the rule.

Nother fun fact. If Zay did drag his toe and that TD counted, they didn't have to go for it on their last drive when it was 4th and 12. They could've kicked it and taken the lead.
" IF THIS HAD HAPPENED INSTEAD, then this".

This is what I am talking about. In the Jags, you will give every benefit of the doubt, but for the team you supposedly root for, it's"take away this play, and it's actually this ".

It's intellectually dishonest, because I don't believe you're stupid.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:18 PM   #1078
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If the bears continue to suck and wanna trade us DJ moore? Sure

But I’d imagine they’re fine with what they’ve got
I was really hoping the Bucs sucking enough for them to trade Evans to us.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:24 PM   #1079
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
" IF THIS HAD HAPPENED INSTEAD, then this".

This is what I am talking about. In the Jags, you will give every benefit of the doubt, but for the team you supposedly root for, it's"take away this play, and it's actually this ".

It's intellectually dishonest, because I don't believe you're stupid.

I don't care how the Jags do. But when I look at KC, I want to see how they're really doing, not how a few skewed statlines make them look. It's called being as objective as possible.

Look, in today's game it says that Skyy caught three balls for 70.0 yards. Which is an average of 23.3 yards/catch. Which would be great, if he actually caught three balls that were all roughly 20 yards a piece.

But they weren't. Skyy caught a ball for 7 yards. Then in the 2nd half he caught another ball for 9 yards. Basically, we're talking about 8 yards/catch.

Then he catches that last ball, and after the RAC, he ends up with 70 yards on the day, for an averqge of 23.3yds/cach.

But we know that he didn't catch three balls for an average of 23 yards/catch. he caught a ball for 7 yards, and then a ball for 9 yards, or nowhere near 23 yards, right?

Right?

I mean, if you're Andy, when game-planning for next week, do you really think he's dumb enough to think to himself, "Skyy's been catching balls at a rate of TWO DOZEN YARDS PER RECEPTION. I need to replace MVS is Skyy!!!"

Yeah, not a chance in hell.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:32 PM   #1080
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
I don't care how the Jags do. But when I look at KC, I want to see how they're really doing, not how a few skewed statlines make them look. It's called being as objective as possible.

Look, in today's game it says that Skyy caught three balls for 70.0 yards. Which is an average of 23.3 yards/catch. Which would be great, if he actually caught three balls that were all roughly 20 yards a piece.

But they weren't. Skyy caught a ball for 7 yards. Then in the 2nd half he caught another ball for 9 yards. Basically, we're talking about 8 yards/catch.

Then he catches that last ball, and after the RAC, he ends up with 70 yards on the day, for an averqge of 23.3yds/cach.

But we know that he didn't catch three balls for an average of 23 yards/catch. he caught a ball for 7 yards, and then a ball for 9 yards, or nowhere near 23 yards, right?

Right?

I mean, if you're Andy, when game-planning for next week, do you really think he's dumb enough to think to himself, "Skyy's been catching balls at a rate of TWO DOZEN YARDS PER RECEPTION. I need to replace MVS is Skyy!!!"

Yeah, not a chance in hell.
Are you really confused about what an average is?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote