Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:08 AM   #10756
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
What would an contract for him look like this offseason?

3 for 12 guarantee 8 of it?
Oh I'd definitely do that.

I kinda feel like 3/18 w/ $12 guaranteed is probably a starting point. If he can't get that, he'll likely just take another 1 year deal.

You'll have to pay a HIGHER AAV to get him long-term than you're likely to get him for on a 1 year deal.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:09 AM   #10757
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
You were pretty impressed by his 6 yards with the Jets and his 118 yards with the Chiefs this year? The majority of it when the Chiefs have literally no other weapon on the field?
Not really this year. Last year and previous yeah, plus what he did yesterday, we haven't seen a WR do this year.

He wouldn't be my only add, but him for 3/4 million a year? Yeah, I'd rather see him than Toney or Moore.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:10 AM   #10758
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh I'd definitely do that.

I kinda feel like 3/18 w/ $12 guaranteed is probably a starting point. If he can't get that, he'll likely just take another 1 year deal.

You'll have to pay a HIGHER AAV to get him long-term than you're likely to get him for on a 1 year deal.
I'd one year deal him then. I don't think he'll be elsehwere what Andy and company could squeeze out of him here.

If you add another guy outside, with Rice and let Hardman do the stuff he did in 19/20/21 etc.....why couldn't he be a 600 yard 4/5 TD guy?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:11 AM   #10759

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
You were pretty impressed by his 6 yards with the Jets and his 118 yards with the Chiefs this year? The majority of it when the Chiefs have literally no other weapon on the field?
I'd just like to start building more continuity.

There are always guys like Hardman and James who slip through the cracks in FA and land somewhere on 1 year deals. They're cheap flyers.

The issue is that if they hit, you pay a hell of a lot more to retain them the following couple of seasons OR you let them walk and you're back to playing WR roulette.

I don't think he 'earned' even the $4 million/yr that O.City suggested. I simply think you have to pay a small premium to get a younger player to sign long-term coming off a down season. It was a premium we weren't willing to pay last off-season and maybe we still wouldn't be.

But that's what you have to do for a long-term deal. And I think having a little throughput over the next couple of seasons in the WR room would be awfully nice.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:11 AM   #10760
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Hell, I wanted to extend him before we lost him. He's matured a TON. He just needs to stay healthy.

I'd like to see us keep him in town this time around. And he has a MASSIVE opportunity ahead of him, IMO.
Well the Chiefs didn't at all try to bring him back when he was cheap. They also slighted him when Borgonzi pretty much said they drafted Skyy bc he would be in the right place for the route and catch the ball. He's also not playing over MVS or taking his snaps even though he's the same type of WR that fits that role and was here for 4 years?

I don't get it. I really don't.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:11 AM   #10761
The man you could post like.

If he ends up being the key to unlocking the potential this offense has he probably earns himself a lot of money elsewhere.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:13 AM   #10762
In Search of a Life

Quote:

There are always guys like Hardman and James who slip through the cracks in FA and land somewhere on 1 year deals. They're cheap flyers.

The issue is that if they hit, you pay a hell of a lot more to retain them the following couple of seasons OR you let them walk and you're back to playing WR roulette.

I don't think he 'earned' even the $4 million/yr that O.City suggested. I simply think you have to pay a small premium to get a younger player to sign long-term coming off a down season. It was a premium we weren't willing to pay last off-season and maybe we still wouldn't be.

But that's what you have to do for a long-term deal. And I think having a little throughput over the next couple of seasons in the WR room would be awfully nice.
Yeah, I don't think the WR wheel leads to any offense being consistently good. Look at the ones that are continually successful. They aren't churning and burning weapons like that.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:15 AM   #10763

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Well the Chiefs didn't at all try to bring him back when he was cheap. They also slighted him when Borgonzi pretty much said they drafted Skyy bc he would be in the right place for the route and catch the ball. He's also not playing over MVS or taking his snaps even though he's the same type of WR that fits that role and was here for 4 years?

I don't get it. I really don't.
I don't get much of what we've done with the WR room the last year or two.

And not much of it's worked out. Moore ISN'T where he's supposed to be at any point. Hardman just made at least 1 play and really 2 plays that MVS has proven incapable of making this year.

I mean ultimately "well the Chiefs didn't think..." doesn't carry a ton of weight with me at the moment when it comes to WRs. They're not immune from being wrong and as it relates to Hardman, I think they absolutely have been. And I'd like to think they're willing to learn - I just don't know how you watch him play yesterday and not see that he's clearly the 2nd best WR option we have on this roster right now. He's playing fast and physical. Is he going to make mistakes out there? Sure - but so is everyone else and in the meantime at least Hardman's also making things happen.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:18 AM   #10764

Count me in the camp that was baffled we didn't even try to sign Hardman, especially at that price point. I guess it somewhat worked out considering we had the Jets pay most of his money for a 6th, but hopefully this time around we keep him, especially given the current state of the room.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:22 AM   #10765
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

They should sit MVS and every one of his snaps taken by Hardman.

Why cant they just have Hardman run a deep post or a go route on every play? He will be wide open on at least 2-3 per game. Scoring a couple of more touchdowns per game would be nice.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:24 AM   #10766
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Count me in the camp that was baffled we didn't even try to sign Hardman, especially at that price point. I guess it somewhat worked out considering we had the Jets pay most of his money for a 6th, but hopefully this time around we keep him, especially given the current state of the room.
I figure they just blinded themselves to Moore being...whatever they thought he could be.

Clearly, that's a whiff, so move on.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:25 AM   #10767
Andy Reid Supporter

What's crazy to me is people blaming the offensive coaching staff. Andy and Nagy working together have put these guys in position so many times. They are getting these guys open all the time.

I can't count how many times I've seen Toney and MVS open only for them to **** it up and not catch the ball. At least Justin Watson has caught some of those deep passes.

They clearly don't have a coaching problem. They have a personnel problem. Just baffling that a rookie from smaller school not in the power 5 comes in here and does what he does while the vets suck.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:26 AM   #10768

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
They should sit MVS and every one of his snaps taken by Hardman.

Why cant they just have Hardman run a deep post or a go route on every play? He will be wide open on at least 2-3 per game. Scoring a couple of more touchdowns per game would be nice.
Even with the antics of the awful three, our usage of the WRs this year has been ****ing braindead.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:28 AM   #10769
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't get much of what we've done with the WR room the last year or two.
I have looked for the Veach presser right after Hill was traded to Miami. I could have sworn he said we can not affored a 30 million dollar WR right now, but in a couple of years we might be able to pay that price for a WR.

I can't find the clip. But it so, it might explain the bargin bin shopping at WR and a couple of shots in the draft in Moore and Rice. At least we hit on Rice.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:28 AM   #10770
In Search of a Life

Would you think they've dropped or ****ed up...what....500 yards of offense? Between that and redzone turnovers.....they've shot themselves out of atleast 40 points. Which is wild.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote