Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2020, 10:09 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-28-2020 at 12:07 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:24 AM   #1036
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Wtf is a bellcow in terms of RBs?
It is a RB that can "Moooove" the chains for a first down.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:32 AM   #1037
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
I'm pretty sure the stats say you're wrong.

Every carry he takes is a play he takes from Mahomes.
Every catch he makes is a catch taken from Kelce/Hill/Watkins
Every salary cap dollar he takes up is away from a more important position

When you have an elite QB, an RB is not really an important addition

Not my opinion, what the stat nerds say.
You do realize that a team is not stuck with a finite amount of downs right. If a team gets a First down- they are awarded 4 More downs. The more First downs you get- the better chance to score points.

So if you have a back like CEH that can pull first downs out of his hat like a magician- the offense is going to have More chances to score.

Did the draft nerds watch this offense struggle with short-yardage pickups for a majority of the season last year? If you Punt- you do not get more plays.

I hope that helps. First downs are Good on Offense- Punts are Bad.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:59 AM   #1038
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
So you have to be a heavy back to win in short yardage situations?

I know, right? Was Marcus Allen a good short yardage back? Yep. How about Walter Payton? Yep. Priest Holmes? Yep. Barry Sanders? Yep. None of them were big backs. Marcus Allen was slender too, and could pick up 2-3 yards even when the entire defense knew he was getting the ball.

The days of Christian Okoye and Ron Dayne are pretty much over in the NFL.

CEH is going to take this offense back to the level they were playing at with Hunt, and by the end of the year our offense will be beyond even that.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:12 AM   #1039
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I know, right? Was Marcus Allen a good short yardage back? Yep. How about Walter Payton? Yep. Priest Holmes? Yep. Barry Sanders? Yep. None of them were big backs. Marcus Allen was slender too, and could pick up 2-3 yards even when the entire defense knew he was getting the ball.

The days of Christian Okoye and Ron Dayne are pretty much over in the NFL.

CEH is going to take this offense back to the level they were playing at with Hunt, and by the end of the year our offense will be beyond even that.
Outside of Henry, who we broke on the way to becoming SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, I would agree with you.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #1040
MONTANA #19

I assume it's been talked about, but he apparently goes by Clydro?
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #1041
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
I'm pretty sure the stats say you're wrong.

Every carry he takes is a play he takes from Mahomes.
Every catch he makes is a catch taken from Kelce/Hill/Watkins
Every salary cap dollar he takes up is away from a more important position

When you have an elite QB, an RB is not really an important addition

Not my opinion, what the stat nerds say.
Holy shit.........

Just HOLY SHIT...............

This has to be the most reeruned take I've ever seen.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #1042
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Outside of Henry, who we broke on the way to becoming SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, I would agree with you.
I doubt it.

Running a phat back when you have an elite passing attack makes a lot of sense. Imagine a Bettis or Larry Johnson running for us now. Teams have to go nickel to stop Mahomes and co then those DB's get all beat up by a physical back.

I think it's the perfect combo...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #1043
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Which one of you let that chuckle **** out of the Romper Room? They deserve a good old Chiefsplanet dogpile for that horrific decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I don't know why ya'll don't just thumbs-down posts into oblivion* and move on... WTF would anyone want to attempt rationalization against "every time you give it to one really talented guy, another talented guy isn't getting the ball!", much less someone else opinion spamming the thread as long as people keep replying.

Not advocating for rep-war style BS, but still...

(*go ahead, just do it and get it over with....)
That or ignore. Much easier.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #1044
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Holy shit.........

Just HOLY SHIT...............

This has to be the most reeruned take I've ever seen.
I would generally classify myself as a stat nerd, but the way some of them approach the RB position makes me embarrassed to be one.

Yes, there are multiple ways to find value at the RB spot. Yes, the passing game is more explosive and threatening, especially when you have a great QB and receiving unit.

But sometimes you need something more consistent and predictable than a pass play - to extend drives. You need balance to keep the defense from manipulating the matchup in its own favor. You need to be able to run to shorten games when you have a lead. You
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #1045
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Wtf is a bellcow in terms of RBs?
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #1046
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
It is a RB that can "Moooove" the chains for a first down.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #1047
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I doubt it.

Running a phat back when you have an elite passing attack makes a lot of sense. Imagine a Bettis or Larry Johnson running for us now. Teams have to go nickel to stop Mahomes and co then those DB's get all beat up by a physical back.

I think it's the perfect combo...
Bettis and Larry Johnson weren't a threat in the passing game for shit. You cant be a one dimensional back in this offense.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #1048
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I would generally classify myself as a stat nerd, but the way some of them approach the RB position makes me embarrassed to be one.

Yes, there are multiple ways to find value at the RB spot. Yes, the passing game is more explosive and threatening, especially when you have a great QB and receiving unit.

But sometimes you need something more consistent and predictable than a pass play - to extend drives. You need balance to keep the defense from manipulating the matchup in its own favor. You need to be able to run to shorten games when you have a lead. You
Arguably the most important drive of the Championship game against the Titans was when Andy salted the 3rd quarter away with that 7 and a half minute 13 play drive to take a 28-17 lead in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs ran the ball on 10 of the 13 plays on that drive with Damien Williams picking up key first downs with tough running on multiple third and shorts.

When I re-watched the game with Romo's commentary. He pointed out how the Titans had 100% sold out to cover the pass and weren’t adjusting their D when Andy started running the ball. Romo said the Titans were too worried to adjust to the run despite Williams effectiveness in the 3rd. Romo wondered if Andy would stick to the run if the Titans didn't adjust to it, and to Andy's credit - he stuck to it. He never abandoned the run against the 49ers either.

With how critical the run was in the last two games of the season I'm amazed people are undervaluing the run and CEH this much - and if CEH proves to be an elite back who never fumbles, good luck to any defense at that point. Sell out against the pass? Andy will gas your defense by pounding the rock for 5-6 yards a carry. The 49ers D had been on the field by over 70 plays (29 of those runs) in the Super Bowl and it showed on the last Chiefs touchdown run.

One of the more surprising aspects of the 2019-2020 playoffs was that Andy showed he was willing to win with the run. The Titans and 49ers sold out completely to take away Patrick's deep options and limit big plays - if that becomes the "safest" bet against the Chiefs, that's where CEH could take over games. It's not as exciting as winning with the deep ball and putting up 50 points, but a 31-17 win with a more Vermeil like elite offense is still a win regardless.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 04-28-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #1049
In Search of a Life

As great as our offense was Reid flat out didn't trust our running game in the regular season. Problem solved. And unlike hunt this guy can line up anywhere at receiver. Unlike Damien we can use him all year long for 3 downs. And Damien is no guarantee to stay after this year anyway.

Kareem wasn't a generational talent. But there's no doubt our offense while great was missing something last year.

Don't know how anyone can dislike this pick other than being a contrarian.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #1050
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Arguably the most important drive of the Championship game against the Titans was when Andy salted the 3rd quarter away with that 7 and a half minute 13 play drive to take a 28-17 lead against the Titans. The Chiefs ran the ball on 10 of the 13 plays on that drive with Damien Williams picking up key first downs with tough running on multiple third and shorts.

When I re-watched the game with Romo's commentary. He pointed out how the Titans had 100% sold out to cover the pass and weren’t adjusting their D when Andy started running the ball. Romp said the Titans were too worried to adjust to the run despite Williams effectiveness in the 3rd. Romo wondered if Andy would stick to the run if the Titans didn't adjust to it, and to Andy's credit - he did. He never abandoned the run against the 49ers either.

With how critical the run was in the last two games of the season I'm amazed people are undervaluing the run and CEH this much - and if CEH proves to be an elite back who never fumbles, good luck to any defense at that point. Sell out against the pass? Andy will gas your defense by pounding the rock for 5-6 yards a carry. The 49ers D had been on the field by over 70 plays (29 of those runs) in the Super Bowl and it showed on the last Chiefs touchdown run.

One of the more surprising aspects of the 2019-2020 playoffs was that Andy showed he was willing to win with the run. The Titans and 49ers sold out completely to take away Patrick's deep options and limit big plays - if that becomes the "safest" bet against the Chiefs, that's where CEH could take over games. It's not as exciting as winning with the deep ball and putting up 50 points, but a 35-17 win is still a win regardless.
That was really brilliant by Andy. Not only did it take advantage of the Titans D - it burned a ton of clock and kept our defense from getting worn down against Henry. I was so happy at the time we were running the ball - shorten the game.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.