Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 PM  
Life is changing..

What if Mahomes fails as an NFL QB?

I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #91
Mahomes or GTFO

What if aliens invade Earth tomorrow and none of this matters?
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhed View Post
If he's a bust, you draft another QB and go from there. A fairly straightforward strategy that the Chiefs seem to be reluctant to try.
Just will not be next in the next 2 years. Have to give him a chance. When you essentially use 2 first round picks on a player, you better be right or it sets a franchise back at least 3 years.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #93
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Patrick loves football he will be fine and so will we.

We will get to enjoy football games for a change and always be in games as this offense will have what it takes to move the ball and score touchdowns.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:59 AM   #94
Ain't no relax!

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #95
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop View Post
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to **** off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.
What exactly do you have to base that on, besides trying to be argumentative?
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #96
Spiraling down the Drain

Heh. Just trying have some fun and ruffle feathers. Some members know that about 98% of what I post is sarcasm. I live and die with the Chiefs. Since I was 5 years old watching the Christmas Day game. I want Mahomes to win multiple SB titles. We all do. But the odds of this are certainly stacked against him when NFL history is reviewed. I take the game seriously. But not too seriously. I take life seriously. But not too seriously. There is certainly more to life than fixed Nfl games. A little sarcastic relief is good for all of us, IMO.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #97
Emporer of Mongo

Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #98
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Heh. Just trying have some fun and ruffle feathers. Some members know that about 98% of what I post is sarcasm. I live and die with the Chiefs. Since I was 5 years old watching the Christmas Day game. I want Mahomes to win multiple SB titles. We all do. But the odds of this are certainly stacked against him when NFL history is reviewed. I take the game seriously. But not too seriously. I take life seriously. But not too seriously. There is certainly more to life than fixed Nfl games. A little sarcastic relief is good for all of us, IMO.
oh, so you really don't hate clay?
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #99
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

A lot of the QBs that bust have one thing in common, so we hear. They don't love the game, they don't love 'the grind'. Seriously, just think about it.

By all accounts, that isn't Patrick's way. Everyone says he loves football, and I even saw on GMFB today that Mike Garafolo said he has heard that Mahomes is really impressing people with his work ethic on and off the field. Terez wrote about that in his bye week article too.

Patrick Mahomes wants to be legendary.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #100
Spiraling down the Drain

BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #101
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
q
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #102
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

And so far he's doing everything right.

Staying off social media (or at least not making an ass of himself there) and learning.

I really wanted Alex to hold him off but Smith has just gone to shit. Just, terrible play at the QB position.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #103
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
A lot of the QBs that bust have one thing in common, so we hear. They don't love the game, they don't love 'the grind'. Seriously, just think about it.

By all accounts, that isn't Patrick's way. Everyone says he loves football, and I even saw on GMFB today that Mike Garafolo said he has heard that Mahomes is really impressing people with his work ethic on and off the field. Terez wrote about that in his bye week article too.

Links? I need some new material to masturbate to
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #104
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
And so far he's doing everything right.

Staying off social media (or at least not making an ass of himself there) and learning.

I really wanted Alex to hold him off but Smith has just gone to shit. Just, terrible play at the QB position.
I actually can envision a scenario where in 5-6 years we all look back at Alex Smith fondly. I imagine a scenario where Mahomes is shining as an 'elite' QB, and he credits Smith for helping him out his rookie year... at least I hope that is how it goes. Not only cause it means Mahomes would be great, but because I don't want to hate Alex. His biggest defenders make it hard not to, but I really do appreciate the way he has handled this situation.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #105
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Links? I need some new material to masturbate to
Here is the video from this morning ---> http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...es-this-season

Kay Adams kinda cut him off early on it, but he got some information out nonetheless. A lot of good videos on that page.