Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
Then you're not reading closely enough. Parker and BigChiefFan seem to be of that opinion.

To me, its a question of degrees of influence. Did the music of John Lennon 'influence' me? Sure, a little. So does heat, cold, hunger, etc. So what?
Do you celebrate imporant life events by playing heat, cold, or hunger?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Um, OK, but believe it or not, I wasn't taking a shot at you.
I knew that. I was trying to get the thread back on track by showing how art, music in this instance, affects our lives. I know you understand this hence my using your post for the point.

The no's were at the plane crash attempt.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #93
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Do you celebrate imporant life events by playing heat, cold, or hunger?
I don't play music to celebrate important life events.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #94
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
I knew that. I was trying to get the thread back on track by showing how art, music in this instance, affects our lives.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #95

Quote:
I don't play music to celebrate important life events.
No music played at your wedding? You have no music you want played at your funeral? No poetry or literature read?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #96
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
I knew that. I was trying to get the thread back on track by showing how art, music in this instance, affects our lives.
Again, I'm not saying it does not, to a certain extent. But not to a level of life changing, at least not for me.

Understand?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #97
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
No music played at your wedding? You have no music you want played at your funeral? No poetry or literature read?
See above.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #98

Quote:
Again, I'm not saying it does not, to a certain extent. But not to a level of life changing, at least not for me.

Understand?
Again, I don't see anyone claiming the only true influence is life changing. I see folks saying that Lennon was an important figure in our lifetime, not THE most important figure in our lifetime.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #99
THE RED MENACE

Uh ohh Islamic Hose Bag is out of her cage.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #100
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Again, I don't see anyone claiming the only true influence is life changing. I see folks saying that Lennon was an important figure in our lifetime, not THE most important figure in our lifetime.
I gave you the references. It's up to you to read them. And, I said nothing about THE most important figure in our lifetime.

Stop pulling crap out of your ass.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #101
'Tis my eye!

Sorry, but I have to stick up for Denise here.

There are people that would prefer she not be allowed to post ANYWHERE but in DC. Because she posted this in the Lounge, an attempt was made to politicize the thread in an effort to get it moved to DC, essentially banishing her there.

It's wrong, and it won't happen.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #102

Quote:
What did I just say?

By 'influence,' I mean a life changing or life altering influence. That has not ever happened by any 'artist.'
I think here is where you lost me. You then clarified your degrees of influence. And if you were not influenced by John Lennon then your loss...but for some reason you've felt to spend time on thread about him. So he's had some level of influence on you just today.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe

There are people that would prefer she not be allowed to post ANYWHERE but in DC. Because she posted this in the Lounge, an attempt was made to politicize the thread in an effort to get it moved to DC, essentially banishing her there.

Thank you.

Now back to John.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #104
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe

Thank You Parker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	memewithson.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	50248  
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #105
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Thank You Parker.
Stop it BD. I wouldn't consider her my friend, but she has every right to post wherever she wants.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.