3. Lionel Messi
4. Lebron
5. Mr. 18-1 Tom Brady
6. Roger Federer
7. Simone Biles
8. Tiger Woods...
18. Patrick Mahomes

Quote:
In the end, we received more than 70,000 votes from ESPN contributors to create our top 100. We will reveal 25 athletes every day this week until we reach our No. 1 athlete of the 21st century.
I would have ranked Mahomes a bit higher, perhaps in the top 15. Also hilarious that Brady couldn't even manage to crack the top 3.

Last edited by SHOWTIME; Yesterday at 08:20 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #91
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
In what way is Kobe overrated?

Please, enlighten me lol
Coocooifornia residents think he's the goat
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:38 AM   #92
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
Who overrates Jeter? He might be overexposed, but I think most baseball fans/experts see him as a top 10 shortstop, which is a rightful place for him. He does have 3,465 hits.
Not only that but an exceptional playoff hitter. He played almost a whole season of playoff baseball and hit .308 with 20 HRs. Although bafflingly, his wpa in the playoffs is not so great so maybe that’s more our memory of huge clutch moments versus what actually occurred on the field. I agree, I think his place in history while a little overrated is mostly reasonable as top 10 but not top 5 shortstop.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #93
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Phelps is an athlete, but I'm wondering how many gold medeal Usain Bolt would have if the Olympics had a 100m dash, 100m running sideways dash, 100m running backwards dash, a 100m running on one leg dash, and a 100m hop, skip, and jump dash.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #94
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smed1065 View Post
BRC thinks they walked a course................LOL
The pros do walk
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #95
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Not many athletes could make the shoulder turn he still makes as a fat ass.
And not many athletes can make a bowling ball curve like that.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #96
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Phelps is an athlete, but I'm wondering how many gold medeal Usain Bolt would have if the Olympics had a 100m dash, 100m running sideways dash, 100m running backwards dash, a 100m running on one leg dash, and a 100m hop, skip, and jump dash.
This is hilarious and so true. I never understood why there were so many swimming events. The differing distances make sense but the different techniques is just obnoxious.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:07 AM   #97
In Search of a Life

I feel like the rankings are mostly consistent on what they’re looking for. And so I get pujols being ranked where he is. But goddamn as a hitter his peak is one of the best I’ve seen. And he’s the only guy who at least was never implicated for PEDs.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #98
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
And not many athletes can make a bowling ball curve like that.
But can a 400 lb. plumber roll a hook?
Old Today, 06:48 AM   #99
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
But can a 400 lb. plumber roll a hook?
Look, dude. You're a golfer. You love golf. That's great. I'm glad you have such a fond activity in your life. But don't call yourself an athlete because you play golf.

You don't work up a sweat. Every motion/move you make that affects the game happens in increments of 1-2 seconds. For sure it requires training and practice, but I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying LOTS of things require training and practice to be good at them.

So yeah. Fatass John Daly can do whatever bullshit you're describing, because his physical conditioning is catered and honed to the specific body motions required to play the game. Guess which game ALSO only requires that out of you? Bowling, which is the example I just gave.

When old wrinkly ****s at work talk about hitting the links and drinking at the same time as they ride around on golf carts and go get lunch afterward without necessarily showering or cleaning up after their "exertion," then no, I don't think I'm going to call that a sport, nor am I going to call those wrinkly ****s athletes.

When ranking the top athletes of the 21st century, I'd rank the worst player on the worst team in NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, whatever league lacrosse is, etc. before I include ONE goddamn golfer.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #100
Supporter

Quote:
Look, dude. You're a golfer. You love golf. That's great. I'm glad you have such a fond activity in your life. But don't call yourself an athlete because you play golf.

You don't work up a sweat. Every motion/move you make that affects the game happens in increments of 1-2 seconds. For sure it requires training and practice, but I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying LOTS of things require training and practice to be good at them.

So yeah. Fatass John Daly can do whatever bullshit you're describing, because his physical conditioning is catered and honed to the specific body motions required to play the game. Guess which game ALSO only requires that out of you? Bowling, which is the example I just gave.

When old wrinkly ****s at work talk about hitting the links and drinking at the same time as they ride around on golf carts and go get lunch afterward without necessarily showering or cleaning up after their "exertion," then no, I don't think I'm going to call that a sport, nor am I going to call those wrinkly ****s athletes.

When ranking the top athletes of the 21st century, I'd rank the worst player on the worst team in NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, whatever league lacrosse is, etc. before I include ONE goddamn golfer.
Okay, you make some very good points. I guess it comes down to an individuals definition of an athlete and nobody could call John Daley an athlete but many of us would call Tiger Woods one.
In all honesty I have probably been pretty defensive about golf from the old argument that isn't a sport.

By your interpretation how would you rank weight lifters shot putters and pole vaulters? They are very athletic
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #101
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Okay, you make some very good points. I guess it comes down to an individuals definition of an athlete and nobody could call John Daley an athlete but many of us would call Tiger Woods one.
In all honesty I have probably been pretty defensive about golf from the old argument that isn't a sport.

By your interpretation how would you rank weight lifters shot putters and pole vaulters? They are very athletic
Yeah I think this list grades on a negative curve for golf which is fair. For the same reason pujols isn’t even top 20. If it wasn’t a negative curve tiger would be top 5 easily.
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #102
Veteran

Quote:

Agreed. Golf belongs in a category with darts, billiards, cornhole, etc.

It's a game of skill, but it's not a sport.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #103
MVP

Quote:
I bet Simone Biles would be out of the game the first time she took a hit from a blitzing edge rusher.
I wouldn't care for a last name of Biles and would look into getting it changed. But that's just me.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #104
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
I wouldn't care for a last name of Biles and would look into getting it changed. But that's just me.
"I think her last name is just fine." - Phil Smegma
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #105
Supporter

Golf is a sport, I assume like many others, that you need to achieve some level of success in order gain the respect and understanding of just how difficult and demanding that it is.

A guy that goes out and hacks it around in order to slam down a beer per hole, probably isn't going to have a good understanding of it.