Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2024, 03:04 PM  

49ers LT Trent Williams is holding out

3 years left on his deal, scheduled to make $20M in 2024.

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #91
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
If he wanted rings, he should have come to KC. If he was only concerned about money, he should do exactly what he's doing.
I was about to post the exact same thing.

You snooze, you lose.

Enjoy the bag.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #92
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Brock Purdy gets so much disrespect it's crazy. He had a 69.4% completion rate - 4300 yds - 31 TDs - 11 ints with only 444 pass attempts and took his team to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year in the league. He has a 4-1 record in the playoffs and his only loss was to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. He's thrown 6 TDs to only 1 int in the playoffs. .
Just wanted to say that he also lost the NFCCG to the Eagles in 2022. Not exactly the same since he went out due to injury very early on but it still counts.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Just wanted to say that he also lost the NFCCG to the Eagles in 2022. Not exactly the same since he went out due to injury very early on but it still counts.
I mean technically it counts, but I'm not including it in any type of discussion. He had 4 passes.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #94
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Holy cow - Cousins is WAY better than Purdy. I mean substantially better.

Cousins is a friggen outstanding pure thrower. One of the most underrated QBs of the last 20 years. He's tough as nails, generally smart with the ball and very accurate with an above average arm.

He's not an improviser. That's his biggest problem. But as a 'traditional' pocket passer, there aren't many guys on his level. He's an older, better version of Goff, IMO.

Before last season I'd agree with you 100%.

But this season, Cousins is coming back from an Achilles, at the age of 36. So there's still a large question mark as to how well Cousins is going to play in 2024. He's also having to start over with a brand-new team, and that usually takes some time. And finally, while Cousins has shown that he's a very good regular season QB that has improved with each season, his playoff record/performances haven't been as good as Purdy's(1-3 vs. 4-2) . And at the end of the day, I just don't see that changing much, this season.

Like I said earlier though, it's hard for me to evaluate Purdy's real capabilities since he's been playing in one of the most QB-friendly systems in the league and has had the benefit of great-to-elite weapons at every position. If he was playing for NOR or PIT, for example, I kind of doubt he'd be nearly as successful. But I don't have much to base that on right now, except the fact that when Purdy has been without either Deebo or CMC he's struggled to win games.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #95
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Above (this is also my ranking of NFL QBs)
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Stroud
Herbert
Love
Stafford
Jackson

Roughly the same
Hurts
Cousins
Goff
Prescott

Purdy is a product of the Shanahan system and the talent around him.
Quote:
I'd largely echo this list but I'd also say I'd put Tua and Lawrence on par with him as well. Hell, I'd put Baker with him as as overrated as I thought Watson was for the first several years of his career, I think he's right there with Purdy as well.

Which his how I usually get to around 13-15 with him. 8 clear guys and then a handful of dudes I put with him, most of which are just a little above him.

Because ANY of those guys would succeed in the Shanahan system and most of them can be effective outside of it. Purdy? He's Derek Carr at best outside of SF, IMO.
I have it very similar to both of you. I think think talk about Purdy being as high as 5th is a little crazy. That offense is absolutely loaded, and we've seen how bad things can get if you just take one of those weapons away.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #96
MVP

Dodged a silver bullet with this guy.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #97
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Dodged a silver bullet with this guy.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #98
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Fun exercise - Which QBs in the following list would you rank ABOVE Brock Purdy?

Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
C.J. Stroud
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Kirk Cousins
I would put him after Stroud and I’d also move Jackson down so Purdy is ahead of him.

All this talk about he is only good because of his weapons and his coach ignore the fact that is true about just about all quarterbacks. Probably Mahomes, Brady and Eli Manning are the only exceptions who seem to have been able to win, especially big games, when the other team clearly had better weapons. Do we want to disrespect Montana because he played with rice, Taylor and Craig with Walsh as a coach

Purdy is only in his third year. Most other quarterbacks in that situation we would be talking about expecting improvement. But for him, there is only disrespect from so many

That was the case before the Super Bowl last year. From so many on this board. But he played well enough to beat us. It was a close call and the loss was not because of him.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #99
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
I would put him after Stroud and I’d also move Jackson down so Purdy is ahead of him.

All this talk about he is only good because of his weapons and his coach ignore the fact that is true about just about all quarterbacks. Probably Mahomes, Brady and Eli Manning are the only exceptions who seem to have been able to win, especially big games, when the other team clearly had better weapons. Do we want to disrespect Montana because he played with rice, Taylor and Craig with Walsh as a coach

Purdy is only in his third year. Most other quarterbacks in that situation we would be talking about expecting improvement. But for him, there is only disrespect from so many

That was the case before the Super Bowl last year. From so many on this board. But he played well enough to beat us. It was a close call and the loss was not because of him.

So top 5?

Holy shit some of you are overrating the **** out of Purdy.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #100
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

So top 5?

Holy shit some of you are overrating the **** out of Purdy.
Scouting stat lines will get you in trouble every time.

Can't do that, fellas. ESPECIALLY not at QB.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #101
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Scouting stat lines will get you in trouble every time.

Can't do that, fellas. ESPECIALLY not at QB.
Especially not a QB with limited talent/ability playing for a great offensive mind absolutely loaded with weapons, the best RB and running game in the NFL, and the best LT in the NFL proecting his blindside.

There's absolutely no chance people are calling him a top 5 QB if he's playing on an average team. Not even close.

I mean, we both are very critical of Lamar, but there's zero chance I'm putting him over a two time MVP.
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #102
Starter

Quote:
I'd largely echo this list but I'd also say I'd put Tua and Lawrence on par with him as well. Hell, I'd put Baker with him as as overrated as I thought Watson was for the first several years of his career, I think he's right there with Purdy as well.

Which his how I usually get to around 13-15 with him. 8 clear guys and then a handful of dudes I put with him, most of which are just a little above him.

Because ANY of those guys would succeed in the Shanahan system and most of them can be effective outside of it. Purdy? He's Derek Carr at best outside of SF, IMO.
Another way to look at it would be to ask who the worst QB in the league is that you still think could be plugged into the 49ers team and still be heavy favourite to win the NFC.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.