Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2020, 11:35 AM  
Admitted Planet Junky

Need recommendations on Fish

So I need some recommendations from those who eat fish regularly.
I am not a fish eater. If fish has a strong pungent smell I can't get it past the nose. I do like Tuna fish sandwiches though.
I don't really eat seafood either. It is expensive to just try and then possibly, probably with me, throw it away because I couldn't get past the smell or texture.
The only time I have ever enjoyed Shrimp was taking them straight from the skillet where they were being cooked in butter. Once they were just a little cooler the texture changed, rubberish, and I could not eat them.
I also need to know what is the best spices to use for cooking fish.
Yes I got my blood work back and my LDL is still to damn high.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #91
MVP

Tuna fish is just vernacular.

People on the east coast often call cod, codfish. I think it's to distinguish it from a codpiece.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #92
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I guess I've never really considered finding fish that doesnt taste like fish, since I eat fish because I like it (and I don't even bother with cod because it tastes like water)

Any have suggestions for a tomato that doesn't taste so "tomato-ish"?

Ketchup.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #93
MVP

Stick to a whitefish like tilapia, cod, orange roughy, Stay away from oily fish. Learn how to wet brine. Brining will always help remove some of the fish smell.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #94
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
Stick to a whitefish like tilapia, cod, orange roughy, Stay away from oily fish. Learn how to wet brine. Brining will always help remove some of the fish smell.
Yep

Saltwater
Lemon water
Milk
Buttermilk
Citrus soda

Pretty much any overnight soak in something like that works
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #95
sorta mod-ish

Man, I thought this was a thread looking for suggestions that I could mod abuse Fish with. *sad face*
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:41 PM   #96
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Yep

Saltwater
Lemon water
Milk
Buttermilk
Citrus soda

Pretty much any overnight soak in something like that works
Years ago had an old fisherman tell me to get a two liter of 7up or sprite and soak channel cat fillets in it overnight. Worked very well! Added lemon juice and salt the next time
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #97

Yellow perch is underrated and almost as good as walleye. Especially jumbo perch through the ice. Northern Pike is also great if you can get the Y bones out. Good vids on YouTube to watch and learn from it you don’t have the opportunity to see someone do it in person
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #98
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Man, I thought this was a thread looking for suggestions that I could mod abuse Fish with. *sad face*
This was my first thought as well. I was much more interested in that, but oh well . . .
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:48 PM   #99
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Tilapia is a shit fish.
Literally, they eat shit.
Mrs. Radar and I took our son to the St. Louis zoo a couple of summers ago and you'll never guess what they kept in the hippo enclosure to help keep it clean. Yup, tilapia.
I was fortunate enough that while I was checking out the hippo enclosure one swam by and left behind a couple of hippo nuggets in its wake, and before those nuggets even started settling to the bottom several tilapia swarmed and started pecking at them.
I'll never purposely eat tilapia again.
Lobster eat the dead things that settle to the bottom of the ocean floor.

What you eat does not account for your tastiness.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #100
Hello

I’m on a hunting trip. Can’t read all the responses. If you’re gonna eat a fish you catch, bleed it out by cutting the gills. Then soak it in salt water overnight.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #101
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I’m on a hunting trip. Can’t read all the responses. If you’re gonna eat a fish you catch, bleed it out by cutting the gills. Then soak it in salt water overnight.
Exactly right, bleeding it out properly is more than half the battle

I'm always surprised at how many seasoned fishermen dont know about draining them that way when watching youtube catch and cook videos
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #102
a.k.a. Lenny

Halibut
Blue fin tuna steak
Yellow fin tuna steak
Walleye
Crappie
Good clean catfish from Kaw lake in Oklahoma.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:37 PM   #103
Supporter

I'm a big fan of mild saltwater white fish and cod is probably my favorite (I love swordfish but it can be so hit and miss). Cod is high in protein and easy to make. I do a pan-seared Cod that takes about 12 minutes total, including prep time, but you can also prep and leave in the fridge overnight.

1. Fully defrost a piece of Cod.

2. On a cutting board, spread about 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil, then coat the Cod.

3. Generously sprinkle seasoning directly on the Cod/Olive oil and don't be afraid to rub it in. My favorite is Cayenne & Black pepper but I also like Lemon Pepper. Some stores offer a Cajun Spice which can also be excellent.

4. Preheat a small frying pan to medium heat, then place the seasoned cod in the pan. Turn after 4-5 minutes (I use gas and I'm at Sea Level so your cooking time may vary).

5. After about 8 minutes, the cod should be fully cooked, tender and flaky.

I don't use any additional sauces, as it's generally really flavorful. Costco also sells a beer battered cod that works well in an air fryer. Here's a pic I took a recently of a piece of cod I made for lunch a few weeks back. Good luck!

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #104
Beyond the Rapids

wild Alaskan salmon & oily cold water fish like black cod are what you want.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Exactly right, bleeding it out properly is more than half the battle

I'm always surprised at how many seasoned fishermen dont know about draining them that way when watching youtube catch and cook videos
Best to bleed them out in a bucket or cooler. If you keep them in the lake on a stringer them damn turtles will get them! ****ing turtles!! Snapping turtle is mighty tasty though. Really good catch clean cook vids on YouTube for turtles