Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #10471
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
If you want to hear about lack of ventilators and respiratory therapists, direct inquiries to BRC.
its still pretty damn risky and a option if last resort. Use this or the patient dies kind of thing.

Some of the Respiratory Therapists I’ve spoken to say if the patient needs the same settings, they have had success with dummy patients running one ventilator for two patients. But, none of them have done it with real patients. No one is going to have that experience. Why would you have that experience? It’s a very extreme option.

As I said, when I was in training and everyone in my class tried to do it, we all killed the dummy patients. No one in any class had ever done it successfully. But..... the tech in ventilators are a lot more advanced than back in my day.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #10472
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So what the **** happened in Lombardy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...mbardy_cluster
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #10473
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Blistering mid-70 degree heat...
Well that is weird I went to Mexico in March a few years ago and it was hot as balls.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:51 PM   #10474
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Actually, some pretty great news. Apparently the virus isn't mutating very much at all as it makes its way thru humanity. It's an RNA virus (RNA is similar to DNA, just a lot more **** ups in the code as the mRNA makes copies, but duh you guys know all about that stuff) so usually they mutate a lot.

With this one not, that's great news in that a singular vaccine can likely take it out.
Don't most viruses get less deadly/dangerous when they mutate? So wouldn't that be a good thing?
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #10475
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
its still pretty damn risky and a option if last resort. Use this or the patient dies kind of thing.

Some of the Respiratory Therapists I’ve spoken to say if the patient needs the same settings, they have had success with running one ventilator for two patients. But, none of them have done it with real patients. No one is going to have that experience. Why would you have that experience? It’s a very extreme option.

As I said, when I was in training and everyone in my class tried to do it, we all killed the patients. No one in any class had ever done it successfully. But..... the tech in ventilators are a lot more advanced than back in my day.
You contradicted yourself in this post.
  • ...they have had success with running one ventilator for two patients
  • But, none of them have done it with real patients.

Which is it?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #10476
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Don't most viruses get less deadly/dangerous when they mutate? So wouldn't that be a good thing?
it can mutate the other way too. Like the Spanish flu.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:55 PM   #10477
Hockey Town

It can also mutate into something that makes dinner or fights crime, it really just all depends.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #10478
Draconian Warlord

Quote:

Which is it?
You seem cranky today...lock down doesn't agree with you?
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #10479
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
If they mutate too quickly it might not be possible to develop a very effective vaccine.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #10480
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Which is it?
I edited orginal post to clarify. They have done it successfully with two dummy patients. Test dummies. As far as anyone knows, or they know, in real life, in an ICU, it’s never been done in the USA.

In some other countries with a less standard of care, it’s been done.

I’m assuming our Respiratory Therapists are better trained than those countries RT’s. If those other countries can pull it off, we should be able to also.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #10481
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
I'm 32 and pretty active. I eat right, ride my bike a lot etc.

I had a dry cough, fever and the worst body chills of my life in mid February for 9 days.

I'm skeptical that was the flu.
It was the flu. If it wasn't. Our ICU's would have been ran down in the end of February. Instead of that starting to occur now.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #10482
"Think BOOM!"

It's already been postulated that there are already two strains of SARS-CoV-2:

S and L.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #10483
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
"I would love to have the country opened up....by Easter."

So would I. So would everyone else.

This is no sort of referendum on anything.

Bottom line is that he can't do it anyway. These are state/local orders that he has no ability to roll back.

It's not a date certain. It's not a deadline. It's not...anything.
He can't roll back state/local orders. And I don't want to get too political.

But if he is encouraging everyone to get back to work you could have more people not social distancing and increasing the spread, but still be taking a massive hit on the economy because it is mostly still locked down.

If the Feds and the state/local are doing opposite things, you might end up with the worst of both worlds.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #10484
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
You seem cranky today...lock down doesn't agree with you?

I've made two total posts today. Well, three now. You are waaaay off base.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #10485
The Wait Is Over

Greene and Christian counties down here in SWMO are going under stay at home orders for 30 days starting at 12:01AM Thursday

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/WAT...569065341.html
Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.