Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:57 AM   #10426
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
They play different positions. You're aware of that, right?
Site I was looking at has him listed as a DE and I didn't care enough to double check.

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:05 PM   #10427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Site I was looking at has him listed as a DE and I didn't care enough to double check.

Well if there was another DE getting more snaps than FAU other than Karlaftis/Omenihu/Danna, I'd be far more concerned too.

If any of those guys were to get injured, his snap count would probably go way up.

I haven't watched many of the limited snaps he's had, but I do remember his PFF grade being very similar to Karlaftis last year FWIW, so at least he hasn't been getting abused or anything bad with those limited snaps.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 12:07 PM   #10428
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh sure, there's plenty of time for the story to be written here.

But man, if you're drafting for next season, aren't you better served taking someone like maybe YaYa Diaby in the 3rd? Is there any difference at all in the long-term ceilings for FAU and say Adetomiwa Adebawore who some liked in the 2nd and fell to the 4th? If 'hey, he's quality depth we'll be happy to have in 2024' is your goal with the pick, shouldn't you be waiting a couple rounds to attack that?

I mean bottom line is that if we'd have gone with Rice, Morris, FAU in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, everyone would be falling over themselves about the greatness of the draft. "Hey we got a long-term starter at WR and LT, not to mention a guy with first round talent that fell to the 3rd for some reason in FAU all the way down in the 3rd...." so it's hard to complain too much. I mean afterall, if we'd have gone LaPorta and Rice in 1 and 2 and then took Adebawore in the 3rd, we wouldn't have Wanya. Conner in the 4th looks like a ballplayer in his own right so maybe you could squint and say "We could've taken Morris in the 4th..." but then we lose Conner and at a point you can't just keep pushing all the guys we DID take down a round. It's not realistic to do so.

But It definitely would've been nice to see FAU force himself onto the scene. Not doing so has to be at least a little concerning.
Remember that Veach wanted to trade up. Mazi Smith and a WR were reportedly his target which leads me to believe he was high on both. The problem was that Veach was calling and everyone was telling him to go **** his mother.

We just kinda fell into no man's land there after that and took a 2nd rd player at the top of the board with the last pick of the 1st rd. I think that is standard protocol. And after all we talked about how DE was deep in this draft. I liked Derrick Hall who Seattle took later on.

Either way the draft already looks like a success early. Rice has put up numbers as well as any WR the last month, Wanya is looking credible at LT and Conner had flashed quite a bit both in coverage and tackling.

I still think FAU can be a Mike Danna producing pass rusher but he's gotta get stronger. I think he's struggling with early downs.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:08 PM   #10429
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
And?

They disagreed with alot of people on the Sky situation. They're wrong sometimes. Not that they are here by any means, just in general.
Nope, the Chiefs are never wrong in the Reerunned perspective of STaylor.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:15 PM   #10430
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
So who would you have taken as a WR instead of Moore in the 2nd round?
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:23 PM   #10431
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yea, just ignore the fact that I said the exact opposite of this in my reply to that post you disingenuous shitbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I never said they aren't. I'm simply talking about your philosophy versus theirs.

But since you seem to be fishing for an argument how can you say this:

...while also being so stuck on your little rules?

Edge rusher is a position where most guys don't do much their rookie years. It is what it is.
They were wrong about Skyy. I was wrong about Skyy. The only people that pretend they've never been wrong before are you bundle of sticks that save your draft takes for when you can operate in hindsight.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 12:31 PM   #10432
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We're committing penalties all over the place, including our OL. Our execution simply isn't precise enough for the short, plodding drives. And its made all the more problematic by the fact that we built an OL for pass pro and not power running so we don't really have the ground and pound element to fall back on either.

I feel like turning this into the 2016 offense is simply putting a cap on the offense that we won't be able to overcome. Run it like you're trying to win a championship and not a soft division. We can win a soft AFC West doing what you're suggesting - we're not winning a title doing that.
Maybe, but I feel like our defense and running game if they keep their shit together can carry us. I hate saying these things because I’d prefer not to manage games in the playoffs where any qb is capable of having a game out of nowhere where they go berzerk. But I just don’t know that we can rely on our offense to stay mistake free for multiple games at a time. I feel like we were getting in better rhythm vs buffalo and NE (both not bad defenses, and NE this year being really good). But I get your point that it’s maybe worth a gamble and just cross your fingers that they can just avoid mistakes.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #10433

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
So who would you have taken as a WR instead of Moore in the 2nd round?
The problem wasn’t the Chiefs drafting Skyy Less… the problem was them doubling down on MVS/Skyy Less/Toney and assuming that inexperienced trio could lead a WR depth chart, without adding a veteran WR.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:06 PM   #10434
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well, sure, but we're also in a season where an entire position group regressed to damned near unplayable. So some insurance isn't something I'm going to fault anyone for.

And Danna's taken a big step forward, so I think while it's fair to question the FAU pick, and hindsight may have you wishing we'd taken a different player, we didn't know how it would play out in year one.

As per my usual, I'm just saying it's too early to make any declarations.
There's still time for him, but you've basically got another couple years before you have to start making decisions. Now we burned a year of that cheap on him being a depth player.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:08 PM   #10435
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
There's still time for him, but you've basically got another couple years before you have to start making decisions. Now we burned a year of that cheap on him being a depth player.
Also you: "the draft is a crapshoot and people's expectations are too high"

The cognitive dissonance is hilarious.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:13 PM   #10436
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Also you: "the draft is a crapshoot and people's expectations are too high"

The cognitive dissonance is hilarious.
Nah
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:15 PM   #10437

Drafting LaPorta at 31st overall (he ended up going 34th overall) + drafting Rice + signing DeAndre Hopkins… that’s a winning offseason.

Drafting a project player in FAU who MAY be a Danna-caliber DE (a big if right now) at 31st overall when the Chiefs had other/more immediate needs was a mistake.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:16 PM   #10438
In Search of a Life

I don't really high super high expectations for him, he was taken at the end of the first. So it was probably always just gonna be this way, but the fact that we haven't seen much of anything does make it questionable to this point.

That's pretty much the end of the first round.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:16 PM   #10439
In Search of a Life

If a Danna caliber player is all we're hoping for....we definitely need to up those expectations.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:17 PM   #10440
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Drafting LaPorta at 31st overall (he ended up going 34th overall) + drafting Rice + signing DeAndre Hopkins… that’s a winning offseason.

Drafting a project player in FAU who MAY be a Danna-caliber DE (a big if right now) at 31st overall when the Chiefs had other/more immediate needs was a mistake.

Nailed it:

Quote:
The only people that pretend they've never been wrong before are you bundle of sticks that save your draft takes for when you can operate in hindsight.
Show us all the posts of you banging the table for LaPorta before the draft Captain ****ing Hindsight.